After so many years, High Elf* time!

This isn’t good enough. Void Elves also need to get green and golden eyes. /s

3 Likes

I wasn’t excepting this but I’m surprised.

Through I would love it to see Pure White Hair, Black, Deep Brunette Hair Color, and Light Blue Hair Color for Void Elves. That would be it unless Green or Pink was added to the Void Elves.

But yea overall I’m happy with this for Void Elves.

6 Likes

~https://twitter.com/Zerde3/status/1267168609161236480

Does Alleria still consider herself a high elf? Can one be both a high elf and a void elf?

Characters in Azeroth don’t think in terms of customization options or gameplay choices.

Alleria is a child of Quel’Thalas and a solider of the Alliance. She returned after 1000 years to find most of her surviving kin switched political affiliation. Didn’t change who she is.-Steve Danuser

If Alleria can consider herself both High elf and void elf, so can my toons. Heck, at this point the distinction is as important as say Kul Tiran Human/Stormwind human. They are literally the same race but gameplay dictates they be considered two different races!

19 Likes

no, they cant.

2 Likes

We literally have the head of lore saying yes you can and our discussion about races as it applies to gameplay does not even exist in lore.

15 Likes

its about to be like 20 years of blood elves in the Horde. void elves are wanna be race.

2 Likes

No, void elves are the elves going back to their true roots.

5 Likes

with Void lol

1 Like

We have establish already none of the elements are inherently evil. Even void.

2 Likes

yeah i agree they are a joke

3 Likes

still a void elf with a blonde wig
the core of the race is a void elf, if one cannot embrace that I’m not sure why ppl are even playing it.
I have multiple void elves, I like the wild hair they have

7 Likes

What will alliance players complain about now?

9 Likes

I can only speak for myself, but the AC is set too low in the AH :frowning:

4 Likes

Meh. At least someone gets to play what they want, I guess.

2 Likes

That they still can’t be VE pallies, that they still become uggo blue 5% of the time in combat, that they are still literally labeled as Void elves, the list will still go on.

8 Likes

reading comprehension is important; where in that quote does it say that void elves and high elves are the same thing? Furthermore, using Alleria as an example is utterly moronic; she’s a high elf that absorbed a dark Naruu under relatively controlled conditions, resulting in no permanent physical changes.

By contrast, every single other void elf was a BLOOD ELF that was corrupted by the nexus-prince in a very non-controlled setting, causing permanent physical changes.

Your playable toon is a CORRUPTED BLOOD ELF, resulting in a new distinction known as VEs. It not a high elf that’s simply had a bad day. This is what Mag’har orcs went through to become green and thus another race. This is what High Mountain Tauren went though when blessed by Malorn to gain permanent antlers, etc.

Events causing distinct and permanent changes = A NEW RACE. Otherwise, all the different elves would just be lumped into ‘elves’. All the different dwarves would be dwarves. All the different trolls would be trolls, etc. Details matter. HEs and VEs are both elves, yay! But they’re a different kind of elf. PERIOD.

you dont get to merge races based on your feelings and thus ignore what makes them distinct. This is exactly why people were against giving VEs blonde hair and blue eyes. Now you’ve muddied the waters where it was once crystal clear.

5 Likes

Game will say Void Elf.

But your looks will now be removed with TENTACLE TOGGLE.

Now everyone can be High Elf if they want to without hairstyles with tentacles!

23 Likes

omfg …

ok so now you’re a VOID ELF with blonde hair, blue eyes and no tentacles. STILL NOT A HIGH ELF

its such a simple concept, a beetle would understand it.

5 Likes

It’s okay. Blizz devs are giving more functions to help us receive our dreams :smiley: It’s like arriving at Disney World despite that I didn’t get Cinderella’s Castle suite, but still being happy that I arrived there.

6 Likes

T_T Why can’t I just have a simple brown/brunette? This is so unjust and unfair. Why 3 blondes and two red-hairs? And no pure black like many wanted.

1 Like