After so many years, High Elf* time!

What will alliance players complain about now?

9 Likes

I can only speak for myself, but the AC is set too low in the AH :frowning:

4 Likes

Meh. At least someone gets to play what they want, I guess.

2 Likes

That they still can’t be VE pallies, that they still become uggo blue 5% of the time in combat, that they are still literally labeled as Void elves, the list will still go on.

8 Likes

reading comprehension is important; where in that quote does it say that void elves and high elves are the same thing? Furthermore, using Alleria as an example is utterly moronic; she’s a high elf that absorbed a dark Naruu under relatively controlled conditions, resulting in no permanent physical changes.

By contrast, every single other void elf was a BLOOD ELF that was corrupted by the nexus-prince in a very non-controlled setting, causing permanent physical changes.

Your playable toon is a CORRUPTED BLOOD ELF, resulting in a new distinction known as VEs. It not a high elf that’s simply had a bad day. This is what Mag’har orcs went through to become green and thus another race. This is what High Mountain Tauren went though when blessed by Malorn to gain permanent antlers, etc.

Events causing distinct and permanent changes = A NEW RACE. Otherwise, all the different elves would just be lumped into ‘elves’. All the different dwarves would be dwarves. All the different trolls would be trolls, etc. Details matter. HEs and VEs are both elves, yay! But they’re a different kind of elf. PERIOD.

you dont get to merge races based on your feelings and thus ignore what makes them distinct. This is exactly why people were against giving VEs blonde hair and blue eyes. Now you’ve muddied the waters where it was once crystal clear.

5 Likes

Game will say Void Elf.

But your looks will now be removed with TENTACLE TOGGLE.

Now everyone can be High Elf if they want to without hairstyles with tentacles!

23 Likes

omfg …

ok so now you’re a VOID ELF with blonde hair, blue eyes and no tentacles. STILL NOT A HIGH ELF

its such a simple concept, a beetle would understand it.

5 Likes

It’s okay. Blizz devs are giving more functions to help us receive our dreams :smiley: It’s like arriving at Disney World despite that I didn’t get Cinderella’s Castle suite, but still being happy that I arrived there.

6 Likes

T_T Why can’t I just have a simple brown/brunette? This is so unjust and unfair. Why 3 blondes and two red-hairs? And no pure black like many wanted.

1 Like

Keep asking and fight for it. Keep asking in that “Why lack of customizations” thread, because GMs has been responding back frequently to hear fans woes on wanting more.

The age is adding more and not stopping people from getting em.

5 Likes

Apologies in advance, just gotta get this out of the way…

Carry on, OP :slight_smile:

21 Likes

No black option seems odd.

Also, no tiara. :frowning:

I’m glad that they’re doing this, though!

5 Likes

We see both blood and high elves learning about void magic in telargus rift. Nothing in lore states you cant be just one of those new recruits.

It says she is just Alleria. She considers herself a child of Silvermoon and by extension she keeps her heritage along with what she learned about the void

2 Likes

If blood elves are high elves, and void elves are blood elves, then void elves are high elves.

22 Likes

Next up!:

Need green/gold eyes and Paladin class on Velf.

4 Likes

why do people state high elves must be paladins, am i missing something? blood elves were the first paladins before then they all were priests, mages, archers and some kind of antimagic warriors

paladins are not a thing among old high elves

3 Likes

no.

you.

don’t.

You dont see uncorrupted HIGH ELVES chilling in TR learning about the void. You are entering the realm of just making stuff up, and its irritating.

Void elves, as defined in every single wiki on the internet, are corrupted blood elves under the lead of Magister Umbric. Alleria is the only exception, first by being a high-elf, and also by having a unique and VERY DIFFERENT process by which she became void-touched. For all we know, she’s something else entirely from a VE (probably a big reveal when her husband goes full radical).

2 Likes

~https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_Elf_Wayfarer

Check mate

19 Likes

hey dingus, they all have different names because they’re different races. We don’t call them different things because we’re bored.

‘A was once B’ is far different than ‘A is B’

1 Like

wowpedia.fandom. com/wiki/High_Elf_Wayfarer

8 Likes