After finishing ff14 i can safely say

yeah but thats like every player base ever. All of them have a few sour apples who love to do that, even wow players have done that.

So go play FF! If you don’t like WOW, why are you still here?

It’s way, WAY more than a “few sour apples”, and it keeps happening all the time to the point it’s a running joke. “WoW Refugees” are widely blamed for any bad XIV player behavior. Novice Network does the same tired takes as the XIV trolls here, and the same trolls try to stir the pot on the WoW subreddit all the time. Just yesterday a lore-ignorant “wow bad xiv gud” meme got to the top of r/ffxiv–and some jokers actually coordinated posting it to r/wow right in the comments.

Conversely, the only time I see FFXIV brought up in WoW is someone saying “WoW bad FFXIV gud”–even though they’re playing WoW.

I could have sworn the XIV playerbase loves to claim they have a better community, but now you really want to pull the “w-well other games do it!!11” card?

That said, XIV gets propped up by lies all the time. “Best story evah uwu!” (if you play at least 60 hours in, and even then it’s personal taste), “player housing” (Always, ALWAYS leaving out the horrid housing system locks you into your sub else lose your hard-won house to a demo timer), and now, “you can solo raids as a fresh level 1!” No, you most certainly can not lmao.

Like I said, it’s embarrassing. Not just to me, but to the director of the game.

2 Likes

FFXIV is a game for people who like furries.

A lot of what you say doesn’t really make sense to me. Like this. We used to be able to level past 100. There is a reason we changed that back down to 50 - 70

And I like FF14.

Games 19 years old and we still only have 1 class that can summon people. Lol

Wipe recovery is still garbage. Foods and runes falling off after you die. So much time wasted and for what? Class identity? Immersion?? Raid trash is annoying too.

Little things like that drag the game down. For me anyway.

1 Like

Says the Moo Cow.

I’ve also completed FF14 and had a blast. There are some things FF14 is better. Especially the story.

Actually you can’t mount in any of the capital cities in FF

WoW transmog system in FF14 would make it a 20/10 game to me.

It’s the ability delay that killed it for me. Flex raids are also very underrated, it’s nice to have someone log in mid raid and just pull them in.

Both are great but wow wins in the end.

You got that backwards. Absolutely cannot mount up in cities in FF14.

God yes, while I will sing FFXIV’s praises, WoW’s Transmog system vastly outmatches FFXIV’s Glamour system. Actually I think the Glamour system works off how the old transmog system used to work.

… proceeds to look at the Cat girl, Dragon Girl and Bunny Girl that are human-like with some animal features, then looks at WoW that has actual werewolves, minotaurs, Pandas who practice Kung Fu, small fox people and more being added everyday

About the only “furry” race FFXIV has is Hrothgar.

2 Likes

Yeh this here is important difference between the 2 games.

I also finished ff14.

Wow is not really possible to ever finish.

I think they both can stand to learn from each other. There’s things I like in WoW better than FFXIV and vice versa.

2 Likes

Collaboration would be nice. 1 type of content goes to each game. I’d love to see Construct 5 as raid boss. Let’s see who cannot do math. :smiley:

1 Like

After reading the OP I can safely say that this is by far the worst trolling attempt.

FFXIV is terrible. You have to unlock nearly everything by playing through the games story, on every character you wish to play. That includes their version of transmog, riding a mount, and even just being able to freely move about their cities. Even if you buy one of their boosts, you’d have to purchase a story skip if you wanted that character to have access to some of a games most basic features.

For all that people want to a cry about wow not being alt friendly, if you were to make a second character almost nothing is account wide. You can’t even mail yourself the games currency.

1 Like

Oh god that’d be amazing, “What is a Prime Number?!?!?!”

That’s the thing though, you aren’t really intended to have alts when one character can do it all. I mean yea you could make another character to mess around with but you only really need one.

1 Like

The thing to remember is that, above ALL else, Final Fantasy XIV is just that, a Final Fantasy Game.

With all the baggage that entails, both good and bad.

The game can be played as a Solo JRPG, only requiring other players to complete Dungeon, Trial, or Raid content necessary for the story.

But it is very much narrowly focused on the story first. Characters DIE. Frequently to buy the Warrior of Light(that’s you BTW) time to rally or gather allies to challenge the BBEG of the expansion, frequently in epic cinematic fashion. I recall a raid encounter where the party of 24 will be wiped unless one of the tanks presses a Action Key at the right moment to parry the death blow from the god of battle you are facing. The tricky part is that ANYONE can attempt the parry, but only a tank with full heals and mitigtions up will survive it long enough to deflect it. Then there’s the one where you have to dance with the Phoenix Goddess who takes the form of an Idol Singer floating in a ring of fire while she sings of her torment of loving an immortal human who eventually sacrificed himself to save her and the rest of the Ascended animal spirits they hung out with. This all sounds ridiculous, but it’s so wonderfully done and fun to play, it’s very engaging.

Blizzard’s problem is that they are very… top-heavy. They have way more supervisors and Project Leads and Senior Thisandthats and not enough hungry creative people in the ranks. It’s clear their workflow is complicated to the point of retarding the actual development of new and interesting content.

As someone who currently plays FF14…you cannot use your mount in cities.

Did they just change that since yesterday or something? I was in Ul’dah and Limsa, as well as Gridania–and I didn’t see one person on a mount.