After finishing ff14 i can safely say

It’s the first FF14 thread of the year made on the perfect day. What better way for GD to begin the year!

2 Likes

There are so many dumb and inaccurate things being said here i cant even start let alone know where to finish.

2 Likes

This was certainly…a topic

That seems interesting but why is it the case? Do people not level over there?

There is no way this isn’t a troll post. Wow, you can go to level 80 in FF14? omg

1 Like

No you can’t, it’s a troll post

Ah dang, well that’s probably for the better. Level 1s probably only have a few spells so I’m not sure how they would be ready for it!

To paraphrase Firefly, “My time taking you seriously has certainly reached a middle.”

Honestly, youre guaranteed a response if you stub a toe now days. No flight at start of xpac. Too many mandatory daily quests. No solo rated pvp content. Remove command table. No player housing.

Oh yeah. My favorite. Stop adding overpowered hero classes. Topic of Evokers can/have gone in so many directions since start of xpac.

1 Like

The first item on your list is funny because FF14 quite literally copied what WoW was doing at the time with its gearing, and then never changed it while WoW insisted on reinventing the wheel with AP grinds and uberforging and removing all consistent, reliable forms of gearing in the process. The only reason FF14’s gearing is better than WoW’s is because WoW lost the plot.

2 is such an obvious thing that I can’t believe Blizzard hasn’t already done it. Like I can’t count how many times I’ve hopped on a flight path, tabbed out, then got so wrapped up in whatever it was I tabbed out to that WoW wound up AFK kicking me. If Blizzard’s looking to keep player engagement high… maybe try rethinking some of the old systems and design decisions that actively give players reasons to disengage?

I’m on board with 3 as well.

1 Like

:face_vomiting:

…No you can’t? FFXIV is careful about adding aetherite crystals so that you don’t need mounts in capital cities though. FFXIV had the self-awareness to avoid the question entirely by making sure you had no real need for them.

You can’t. One of the things FFXIV does that may or may not be contentious for new players is it requires you to play through it’s main story quest to unlock most content. FFXIV spends most of it’s time being closer to a JRPG with multiplayer elements prior to the max level.

What would you dangerously say?

Current max lvl on ff14 is 90, not 80. Also I’m 100% fine with no mounts in major cities, because it prevents people from covering npcs or trying to be annoying.

I love FF more than WoW honestly.
I’m only playing DF because my grandpa got it for me before he died. DF sucks, but its stomachable because of a few friends I have

you…finished…an MMO.

sounds like we should do the opposite of ff14, whatever ff14 did.

1 Like

Also the fact they said lvl 80, not 90…shows they didn’t do endwalker, and a new major patch content with new story is coming Jan 10th for ff14 lol.

FF14 Andy’s vs. WoW Andy’s

People that understand you could play two MMOs at once: Let them fight…

2 Likes

You can’t tryhard 2 MMOs

WOW better

Can you go and make a list of things that spices up FF more than WoW?
You haven’t sold me on anything and if anyone reads your post that has never played might not know what you’re talking about.

You mentioned 2 things:

1: More capital city mounting areas which doesn’t sell me at all.

2: Being able to solo a raid at level 1. I don’t know enough about that to know if it’s a good idea or not but it just sounds like something you shouldn’t be able to do.