After finishing ff14 i can safely say

If FF inspires such low quality bait, I’ll stick to WoW.

:popcorn:

5 Likes

FF14 is vastly overrated hot garbage.

4 Likes

You cannot. The can’t even unlock any raids until level 50 at the earliest and you’re not going to be able to solo it until closer to level 70. It’s the same as going back to solo old raids in WoW for transmog.

What the OP might be referring to is the Trust system, which allows you to do certain instanced content with a cohort of NPCs instead of other players. But this system is limited to mostly level 80-90 content and some level 50 dungeons, not raids.

1 Like

You absolutely can not do this. Dungeons don’t even open up until level 15.

3 Likes

Solo raids with a fresh 1 huh. Well when your only mechanic is get away from boss / move out of circle I can see why it would be.

FF is PAINFULLY boring.
FF pvp is non existent.
FF pve rewards casual only players.
FF player owned housing is a farce, can’t even keep it better yet to buy one you have to bid.
FF has a player lvl boost. hell it even has a STORY boost. Want to avoid all content? There you go.
FF store is VASTLY bigger and outrageous.

I don’t know where all these shills get the balls to claim FF is better but happy new year you bums.

6 Likes

The claim about mounts is interesting as well. FF14 does not allow you to mount in any instanced content and the one example the OP explicitly called out (in capital cities) is expressly disallowed. You can only mount in the open world outside of a capital city. I don’t really see this as significantly different to WoW’s system of only being able to mount outdoors.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the Trust system has been added to 1-50 content now, and probably 50-60 by now as well, and the plan was for it to be added to all content at some point, except for certain 8-man trials and alliance raids.

1 Like

You can’t mount in Limsa, Gridania and Ul’dah

2 Likes

Yeah I’m pretty sure that’s correct. I know that’s the eventual plan. But even the eventual plan doesn’t see it being added to raids, whether they be normal raids or Alliance raids. It looks like they want dungeons and trials to use the Trust system and only the normal difficulty.

Regardless, I don’t see a way to spin Trusts into “a fresh level 1 can solo raids.”

Oh, definitely not. That’s just ridiculous to even say. And I don’t think they’re planning on adding Trust to the 8-man Trials even, at least that’s what I read when they announced the expansion of the Trust system. If that’s changed, I’ll be thrilled.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what the plan is there. It’s not a hardline “no” because they made Mothercrystal a Trust. (A Trust I repeat often because I love that fight but I digress…) So I think they plan on having some 8-man Trials be Trusts at least, but which ones are anyone’s guess.

Oh, ya, super modern game where you need to click on 5 confirmation pop-ups and enter a separated instance just to allow a NPC to follow you on a quest

2 Likes

Why are you here if FFXIV is so great? Seems like you’re here to stir the pot. Also, your post seems a lot like an advertisement which violates the forum rules.

:dracthyr_nod:

1 Like

I really like FFXIV, but I always play this game more.

FFXIV does a lot of things in ways I enjoy. But I’m really enjoying Dragonflight activities right now.

If I had any issue with WoW at the moment, it’s how hard it is to get used to there being more variety in terms of things to do. This was a huge leap from where it was before.

Same. The way I usually phrase is that FF14 is an mmoRPG while WoW is an MMOrpg. To be honest, FF14 feels more like a single-player JRPG that I can play with friends next to me. And that is really fun, but it also means that once I’ve finished the content I wanted to play, I find myself without much reason to log in again. FF14 is all about spectacle, from the character animations to the boss transitions to the music. But WoW feels like a tighter game.

I don’t think that classes are very complex in FF14. There’s certainly no way to customize them like the talent system we have and I don’t think any of the FF14 classes are anything more complicated than the most basic builder/spender model. On top of that, boss mechanics tend to be more of a positioning dance than anything else. Very few mechanics are solved by anything other than movement. WoW boss mechanics are more creative with more varied solutions. Plus each class has a lot more utility that they can use to help the group in a wider variety of ways while in FF14, “utility” is usually just that you raise the damage of your friends.

That’s not to say FF14 can’t be difficult. The Ultimates are some of the hardest gaming content I’ve ever seen. But I don’t think it’s a very deep game. It’s very pretty and super hype, a fun game to play casually… but it’s only WoW where I come back day after day to raid or do dungeons.

Both games scratch different itches for me. If they both did the same thing but one game was better at it than the other, I would save myself the time and money and only sub to one game. They have very different strengths though so I remain subbed to both.

5 Likes

FF14 isn’t open world. Even at the beginning, traveling from a city area to another requires loading.

1 Like

i mean in wow i just want a summoning stone at the bosses in raid and to respawn literally in the boss room. i don’t care about warlock “class identity” let people summon at bosses and respawn there. saves the logistical headache. probably would be cool with less trash too. i would probably enjoy raid more if we could just chain pull the boss and not have to worry about rezzing, rebuffing, etc.

1 Like

Then go play it already and stop wasting your breath here

Bait always works, even people who claim to hate topics like this can’t resist clicking on it and posting, even if just to post their displeasure. I figure the forums here are just for entertainment and social gathering, so I just scroll past topics I don’t like.

2 Likes

3 big things wow needs:

1- Vastly reduce rng, and implement the currency/ token system in ffxiv.

2- give players the option to use flight paths as portals.

3- the ability to swap talents instantly, without a load bar.

3 Likes