AFKing out to spin w/l rates

Quitter confirmed.

2 Likes

Nah dude, losing bgs RARELY turn around, it’s just a waste of time once you cross that “point of no return”. Not being negative, just realistic. This goes for both Horde and Alliance… if a Horde bg devolves into a one-sided slaughter I’ll leave just as quickly as I leave a similar Alliance bg.

You place waaaaay too much faith in the intelligence/ability level of your typical WoW casual, you over-estimate their patience level as well… these casuals are not gonna “get better” or “try harder” - they will just “give up” and go AFK until it’s over :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve turned many around when people didn’t all quit.

4 Likes

Make sure you omit the rest of my response so you can jump to that conclusion.

I already addressed it, but if you need it a 2nd time, I’ll humor you.

I mean sure, but some of us just like Bgs, win or lose. Only BGs I’ve afked out of a couple times is av tbh, but that was when it was 2:30 am and reinforcements were in the 400s

Except you’ve accused me of being a quitter for pointing out how the system doesn’t reward staying. I rarely leave a bg (unless it’s SSM as soon as I zone in) but the current system really doesn’t give players a good reason to stay.

This isn’t about me. It’s about players afking but you’re making it personal.

^ This is usually what I do when I have to eat a deserter :thinking: , I’ll hop on an alt and do some WQ’s for an emissary chest - maybe I’ll go check out the AH for a few mins too.

By the time I get done (give or take 14-16 mins), deserter debuff has already expired on my main, so I log back on to him and just re-queue.

Waiting for deserter debuff to expire = a great time to catch up on WQs/emissaries for your alt(s) in my experience

1 Like

Well you’re leaning on how you’re not bribed into staying. I said earlier prove me wrong. Arguing without doing that won’t change my mind. Still waiting.

1 Like

Wow really? You seem to have gotten lost on where this discussion started.

1 Like

Nothing proved, other than mistaking who got lost. I have addressed everything you have said.

Until you prove me wrong, I will continue to think you’re just an entitled player who’s afraid of getting a slap on the wrist for a lame and cowardly way of doing BG’s.

So in “equal measure” a player gets deserter as a punishment for leaving. What do they get for staying? I’m not sure how you’re not understanding.

2 Likes

Excellent question right ^ here

1 Like

Ok you missed something then.

Good now? Or anything else I need to requote? Not that I’m keeping score, but you’re 0/2.

Now I remember why I don’t try to have rational debates with you. :roll_eyes:

Keep gloating on being 0/2 but you’ve still not answered the equal measure side for staying. What you think should be and what actually happens are not the same.

Anyway. I’m out. You can even gloat 0/3 if it makes you feel better.

Because you claw and scrape at the debate because you don’t like looking wrong, but not liking something that is true doesn’t make it untrue.

My favorite 3 BG’s were ones where we turned it around.

One was a WSG where we were down 2 caps, so I capped the flag twice and ticked off a Rangaros premade. They were really mad, you could smell their chat burning as the BG ended.

The other two were IoC turnarounds, and I don’t really like IoC. One I even made a specific thread about a week or two ago.

This game was a “loss”, but not only did we win it it’s by far my favotite ever IoC and likely will be for some time - Anyone in that Epic IoC just now? (4/14/19 midnight EST) - #8 by Jarawana-zuljin

That’s the incentive, a chance at the best fun that exists. But if a piece of lame gear is all you’re after, that’s probably why I’m having fun and you’re angry all the time.

I never desert BGs by choice… if you see me leaving it’s because my internet or electricity cut out or something. Even in hopelessly lopsided games I stick around until it’s over.

Why? Two reasons:

1. I don’t want to be part of the problem
  2. I wouldn’t have any right to complain about fairweather queuers if I AFK’d out myself
1 Like

The system doesn’t need to reward staying. How about rewarding yourself? It’s a mindset. Tough it out. Have some stamina. Fortitude matters, right?

It really is a player thing, not a system thing.

2 Likes

Yes, this. And if it’s actually true that one doesn’t have time for a loss, should they really be queuing up? It’s a strange mentality to expect a win when going into an activity that at best has a 50% chance of failure.

3 Likes

Come to illidan horde and que for epic bgs…

You have to que for hours to get a single win as horde.