AFKing out to spin w/l rates

There is a notorious prot warrior that afk’s out as soon as there’s any chance of losing. I’ve seen him play and he’s a pretty good player but he is also a well known deserter.

2 Likes

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, but I don’t think its the major cause of the amount of deserters we have going on.

2 Likes

My point is that this thread wasn’t started because of a specific incident or anything, just a shower thought of “oh that’s pretty probable” and posted here. Just stirs up the conspiracy theorists. Sure it likely happens, but there is zero evidence that any majority of deserters are so serious about their profile’s w/l ratio that they take this much effort to skew it. Sure the aforementioned prot warrior was known to do that, but he’s an exception in more than one way.

Well right, there’s no way to know if people care about the W/L. But it’s a pretty good faith assumption that between the W/L thing and alt revolving doors that likely covers a large majority of people’s motivations for leaving.

I mean there’s always gonna be the “i hate this, i don’t care” quitters, nothing can be done about that.

But any improvement would be welcome, I think.

1 Like

I think it might be, changed to an older driver and I had a different issue.

So reverted back and same issue Came back.

I wonder if all the people who AFKed out at the start of the WG I just did would have stayed if they had known we’d get to earn a bunch of people the win in10 minutes ‘Cheeve. :thinking:

Ah well, it’s a mystery.

2 Likes

Win or lose I just don’t enjoy that bg :expressionless:

Better to take the 15 minute slap on the wrist penalty than slog thru a bg as boring as Wintergrasp :thinking:

Even being in a losing AV is more fun than Wintergrasp, the WG vehicles vs vehicles format is simply not as fun as “actual” PvP

2 Likes

I really wanted to emoticon this but couldn’t find butter or smooth.

Yes, I have been curious if the OP would expand on his statement… :grey_question:

1 Like

Man, I always miss the smart-alliance teams. Epic BGs are fun with those! But it is the weekend so hopefully I’ll see a few. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

no big gripe here either way

but, if we are to assume that being back filled into almost guaranteed losses sucks for us (the player base) then perhaps it needs looking into.

again, I’m easy
here’s hoping blizz can advance the ball at some point

peace out = . =

2 Likes

He’s from the server Madoran isn’t he?!

Oh, no worries! I was just curious if you were basing your title on a certain player or players you’ve seen doing this… Like I mentioned above I did see this one guy - a warrior, but I forget his name - brag that he had a 95% win rate shortly before AFKing out of a losing WG, so your thread immediately came to mind. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

well, I just found out this was the case and frankly I’m amazed that people can simply pass a “loss” on to the next guy in line over and over with virtually no consequences… smh

• afk out and take the loss
  • deserter buff account wide
  • AI only used as back fills

Idk, there seems to be several ways to help curtail the situation which would be viewed as a game play improvement. That said, I’m not holding my breath. lol

What if it turns out to be a win?

I think deserter is fine as it is, but I’d be for AI backfill. I agree it isn’t right that the backfiller takes the loss, which happens most of the time.

1 Like

I have to admit i don’t leave BG’s pretty much ever. I would feel bad for having someone else get stuck coming into a crap fest even if i didn’t have alot to do with making it one. That is why when others get upset and i am watching them get farmed and they tell me to leave i say no and just wait for the inevitable.

1 Like

yeah but the deserter already deemed it a loss … however by fleeing he, simply passes it on to the next of us in line. Besides, should a comeback occur then surely he deserves no part of that win…

the more I think about it, the more I dislike the whole deserter mindset
:frowning:

1 Like

I very much doubt that is why people are leaving BGs though, just to skew their winrate. Deserting BGs has always not been counted on the stats page, but it seems to happen more frequently this xpac.

4 Likes

Well of course not. Very few things have only one cause:

My suggestion was to make quitting count as an L, and make Deserter account wide. I think that’d cover a good potion of it.

3 Likes

I think it’s more the 8 cp a win after the first win isn’t worth waiting for “the comeback” for some. We didn’t have this deserter problem in Legion with templates and games were generally more fun.