Adjustments to Delve Great Vault Credit Incoming - October 8

While expected, this change sucks, whether it was intended or not. This might get some people to go do other delves instead, it will just make me play the game less. Being time efficient on alts = fun.

2 Likes

Hopefully this is reverted. I personally didnt do this strategy, but a tier 8 vault is arguably, in my opinion, significantly worse than doing a ? Zekvir run. The mobs are painful and the underwater delves in particular are annoying. You get 4 keys a week so the 8 delve third vault choice is insane to me, if I really wanted it then I would have to do 4 delves for essentially no loot other than the RNG chance of a map.

Not to mention I am mainly doing Delves on my alts not my main anymore due to ilvl, so that is a lot of time investment just to complete 8 delves for a third choice on an alt. I will clarify that I dont even go for the 3rd vault slot because its not worth it on 3 different alts, but this change will increase play time significantly for those who do want their 3rd chance.

If this is the stance Devs want to take then reduce vault from 2/4/8 to 1/2/4. This ensures that players will do the weeklies, to get the keys, to do 4 delves without the dreading of doing 4 more for nothing. And to be clear here, the “World Activities” reward is garbage and only worth it for a fresh 80, After a couple of days being 80 world activity vault slots are worthless.

8 Likes

A weekly kill credit lockout would have done the trick. Doing it once is at least worth credit a single time. Now we don’t even get that much.

I know we always have to think “A few bad kids ruining it for the whole class” but at some point the overreactions of our teachers need to be considered, right?

2 Likes

That’s a shame…
I agree that currently tier 1 Zekvir is very easy, but I was hoping that instead of removing the ability for it to count towards vaults, they just buffed tier 1 Zekvir
I like delves but my favorite content is just “walk in and instantly fight a cool boss” stuff
So I was hoping they would expand on that and maybe add more Zekvir-like bosses
Oh well :frowning:

so you were only playing the game to do one delve - doesn’t sound likely

Seems fair enough to me. Zekvir isn’t really set up to be farmed anyway. Last time I was in there the chests didn’t even award crests, so I’m pretty sure they only want you doing Zekvir a maximum of once per difficulty for the cosmetic rewards and not for progression.

1 Like

Have you tried world bosses?

Just wait till they buff enemies in Spiral Weave because all the 8x Zekvir and out players switch to spamming only that delve.

2 Likes

delete this before they find out that delv only takes 5mins to do lol

1 Like

The difference between Zekvir and Spiral Weave is that one of them was never meant to be farmed for rewards. But players tend towards the path of least resistance, so here we are now.

4 Likes

Guys, farming Zekvir for full vault slots was not done for fun. Please don’t use “fun detected” in a situation where it doesn’t apply.

3 Likes

Ya they are now attempting to force people to do delves on top of the absolute mess that Mythic+ is currently in. There’s no way. Extremely alt unfriendly on top of that fact that we know soon we’ll just be hardstuck 619 ilvl as the +9s-+11s are hell to pug. Many reasons to unsubscribe right now and play other games more respectful of the customer’s time.

1 Like

So lame thanks blizzard, delves are bad enough as it is. You suck

5 Likes

Moronic change. Forcing people to do non-bountiful 8s to fill the vault now since you cant get more than maybe 5-6 keys a week once the one time sources are gone.

6 Likes

You know they wanna put a lockout on keys too, you just know.

2 Likes

you must be the alt of the other guy claiming he was going to quit over this - you one post wonder

Keys already have a ‘lockout’, so in a way you’re right.

They used to have hard lockouts too, aka when they really depleted.

Path of least resistance detected. Artificial time-gating to attempt to extend subscription lengths applied.

5 Likes

The delves will continue until morale improves

1 Like