Adjustments to Delve Great Vault Credit Incoming - October 8

So run Fungal Folly, learn to use the spores to your advantage to wipe out mob packs and clear them in 10-15 minutes.

On second thought, no dont do that because if it becomes popular theyll nerf the way ive been easily clearing delves for vault completion for weeks.

5 Likes

being able to run zekvir 8 times in a row was a bit much but now it is so pointless it might as well not exist outside of the weekly. Daily, biweekly, or ?? credit only would make more sense. You are missing out on bountiful, brann xp, the maps, etc by only running zekvir so there is already a penalty to the time saved.

The players you are talking about are still running delves properly for the champ gear drops and bounty chances. The nerf was only to players who have outgeared delves and just wanted to fill the vault quickly using a fight that is now easy for them. ie: mid-tier M+ and raiders wanting to hedge their bets in the Great Vault by getting more hero options.

4 Likes

Find a delve, learn the mechanics, and you can still get in 8 runs in an hour. Fungal Folly with stealth is easily done in 8 min at ilvl 595 and I bet it would be 6 min at ilvl 610 or so. The trick is to make use of the exploding spores to kill the high hp mobs.

2 Likes

Lmao, all these people who are complaining makes me chuckle. Obviously spamming zekvirs lair with runs taking less than 5 minutes should not reward the vault rows unlocks that require running delves and actually playing the game. They say oh y’all ruin it for us who don’t have time… :joy:. People are so lazy and the entitlement is ridiculous. Good job blizz on fixing this issue. They want vault rewards, then they need to put in the work- not have it given to them. No golden sticker for showing up :wink:

3 Likes

Are people really getting upset over this change?

It is obvious Zek wasnt intended for circumventing actual delves.

If you dont like delves, you have pvp, raid and mythic plus. You can still fill the vault with mythic plus and raid.

People complaining about time investment and also wanting to max the vault. Please pick a lane.

4 Likes

Exactly this.

If folks are really desperate to fill it as quickly as possible after this change, fungal grotto non-bountiful takes like 5-8 mins, you can also halve your time invested by only doing 4 delves for 2 choices. So really, you’ll just miss out on one potential choice for about the same time you spent on Zek the past few weeks.

3 Likes

I was doing both Delves and Zekvir‘s Lair: Delves when I had keys, and Zekvir when I didn’t.

Zekvir was the trade-off to not having a key. If I’m not going to get loot above common quality in a key-less Delve, might as well just save time by killing Zekvir for the last slot of vault.

You can get keys by doing radiant echoes and also buying coffer keys from delvers journey for a discount after its maxed out.

No other content in the game guaranteed gear at the end of its completion. Delves giving you 4 opportunities at champ gear is already generous.

You also can get delvers bounty at the end of the 8 delves in a blue chest which gives a hero track gear map. This also doesnt include the possible spawning of Zek for MORE loot.

Your arguement is made invalid due to these points.

1 Like

Why? M+ vault much better items

Why do them if they are a chore? You get the same gear from other content. We know why you do them though.

2 Likes

If only there was some sort of testing phase where they could have figured this all out before sending it live.

1 Like

Fungal Folly can be run in under 10 minutes at T8 or 9 by anyone with decent mitigation and self heals. My current pb on my DH is 9 minutes 36 seconds. It’s an easy way to fill out the delve row and get some crests. I did 8 in a row last Tuesday morning in about 2. 5 to 3 hours starting with a 10 and then 7 8’s. Definitely reasonable.

1 Like

I love all these posts saying “…but but I have to suffer through X amount of hours doing content I don’t like for great vault, so should you!”

This isn’t a masochism simulator, it’s a GAME. Why you are crying because I spent less time than you to get a reward is beyond me. If you like spending hours and hours unlocking those slots, hooray for you. I don’t pay $15 a month to spend extra time doing things I find tedious and boring.

1 Like

not putting this on a daily lockout instead was a dumb move, thanks for making filling the vault row way … way … way more time consuming for 6 chars.

1 Like

Lol @ people having him on farm when I’m over here just barely killing him for the first time last night and thinking I did such a good job. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

How about you make it a daily lock out that just rewards 1 Delve credit? Seems like an easy compromise.

Please address the bug affecting weekly caches please. They are not dropping vet gear or coffer keys, just valorstones and crests

1 Like

It was never meant to be a fast way to fill your GV up!
I saw this coming a mile away. It was to easy.

I like the idea people had about 6 delves to fill vault that seems incredibly fair to me.
This might be kind of a hot take, but I feel like delves are worse than torghast was. Torghast had way more powerups that made you feel OP and maybe even changed the way your class played.
What do we have in delves? Sponges we mindlessly wail on until they die. there are like 6 powerups from rares maybe? None of them really matter either double jump for a pathetic heal! woohoo. I didn’t do the zekvir thing but I still have adventurer bracers, also hoping to get maps from 8s.
People keep saying “if you dont like delves dont do them” Come on it rewards hero gear. doing 8 +8s is probably faster and easier than filling your vault with +4 keys, think of all the time spent waiting for a tank even. not to mention the vault for +8s is actually higher ilvl than +4 keys (im using +4 as an example because its a low key but still more time consuming and difficult than delves)
“torghast was for legendaries which are required” the same way that hero track gear could be required for high level content right? technically you didn’t NEED legendaries to do old content or even LFR if thats your argument.