Adjustments to Delve Great Vault Credit Incoming - October 8

they didnt need them with pvp row they dont need them with delve row

If you are going to run the same brain dead boss 8 times a week for 4 months then its not because of fun :rofl:. You can say that for raids and M+ as well

2 Likes

The vault system is a lottery system to pad their engagement metrics all in the name of free gear . Do you want one lottery ticket or 9 Lottery tickets ?. You are clearly baited hard in this system :rofl: :rofl:

… on your 560 ilvl Paladin lol?

Most people don’t gear that slow. But also ? difficulty isn’t that bad. I did it no problem first try on my 580 monk. And most people farming Zek for vault credit are people between 603 ilvl and 616 ilvl, since if they still benefitted from baseline Delve loot they’d be doing Delves in the first place.

I don’t like it but I get it…it was so easy I was running all my alts through repeat runs just because I could.

Now? I probably just won’t waste time gearing my alts for no reason whatsoever. It’s win win!

Blue talking about Delves, i just about had a heart attack there for a second… i thought, they’ve caved into the hardliners that are upset the casuals are getting some ok gear on their own lol

Such a relief when i read the actual post :joy:

Why is your goal to slow players down. A lot of people are already unhappy with the state of M+ gearing. With the current class imbalance and just continual roadblocks being added to slow players down, why continue my sub?

Seems like the goal is to have people mostly just doing the bountiful ones each day, as opposed to just spamming the one boss over and over again until they’re done for the week.

What’s the big deal? I mean who doesn’t enjoy the time commitment required to run 8 full-length delves for their weekly cloak transmog?

So, firstly… if you are a high-end M+ player or Mythic Raider, why does this even matter to you? Or are you just looking to complain for the sake of it? This change does not impact you. Anything about M+/Raid content, take it to another topic, that isn’t what this post is about.

This change is a little weird though:

• Zekvir kills reward 2 Runed Harbinger Crests per clear (from one of the trunks), not altered.
  • Zekvir does not count as a Bountiful Delve, in terms of the gear it can reward you. No Bountiful Chest to open.
  • This relegates the fight to a “one-and-done” encounter now, for most players who care about Delve content as a focus (ie: This is their “endgame”. Not M+/Raiders who do it to gear faster).
  • This is, in a way, punishing Delve/World Content alts. Delves are not the most time-efficient content to do. Even doing 4 a week, on 4 toons (8 a week is not happening, that is WAY too long of a time commitment), in addition to other world content (world boss, caches, etc.) takes a considerable amount of time. This was a way, if some toons could handle the fight, and didn’t need Bountiful Chest gear, to get the Vault credit done a bit faster.

Overall, this change would be akin to making the last boss of a raid not count for Great Vault, except even then, you’d still get loot at least from the kill (since Zekvir doesn’t give relevant loot from the chests behind him, at least on ? Difficulty).

If anything, I’d say this should remain for Season 1, and whatever the pinnacle Delve boss is for Season 2, make the change there. At least then the precedence is known and established form the get-go.

2 Likes

Zekvir dropping no loot but being faster vault credit if you’re skilled enough to take him out is a perfectly reasonable tradeoff.

3 Likes

“We noticed players who don’t enjoy delves were skipping them to get the vault unlocks. So instead we’re going to force you to play content you don’t enjoy. Have fun!”

This company is something else.

This is the issue for me. I don’t love delves. Fine with people who do, but it’s not for me. The problem is doing T8 delves for a 616 in my vault is WAY easier than doing a M+8 for a 616 in my vault or a heroic raid for something similar.

I don’t want to grind solo content on multiple characters a week in an MMO. I want to gear the way I like best, but unfortunately for a PvE player the best and by far most efficient way to gear up until that 616 level is by doing delves.

They do respect your time.

they respect the fact that the longer they keep you logged on the more money they can make from you.

Kudos to those who exploited early and often before the nerf bats swung.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Until it’s no longer important to my progression, i’ll be doing it, since it gives me higher tier loot than Mythics up to a much more difficult level, now as for why 2 hours a week is “tedious” well it was Tedious when it was Choreghast, and now it’s an even more sterile, boring, extremely easy mode so it’s just amplified more.

frankly if the delves did anything whatsoever different between them maybe i’d be keen on doing them for more than the first 2 weeks of the expac but since there is no variety other than the locales and like, 2 factions, i’m good.

Edit: Also, mind your own business? love this game, love doing content in it, but i’m allowed to find certain aspects of it boring or unrewarding, and i’m allowed to voice that as well.

or just a daily lockout, or something, would be far easier to stomach than running around killing world mobs with 0 mechanics for 15 minutes x 8 every week, edit: PER CHARACTER* i could limit it to only one or two.

I have ? down to about 2 minutes per kill after last week’s nerfs.

While this change was to be expected at some point I would highly recommend to do something about this:

• The average time to kill for Zek’vir on ? is 2-3 minutes (depending on gear)
  • The fastest 8 delve time to complete is around 25-30 minutes (this is only when you ignore the bountiful delves and go for the fastest to be completed)

This means if you plan to finish your world row with full 8 tier delves it takes roughly 4 hours to do so per character after these changes. Before you spent only roughly 16 minutes with an average completion of 2 minutes.

What I would suggest instead of removing this way to fill out the vault is buffing zek’virs health by 100% and make the encounter last 4 minutes on geared alts. Don’t take away the possibility to gear multiple characters (and don’t force ppl to do delves if they don’t want to engage with it as they become boring at some point also). If you adress the issues with some delves (floating enemies in underwater delves f.e.) I would maybe engage with it.

:clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: Nice job clowns!!! Great change and great game development!! :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

2 Likes

While this is a reasonable change, could Tier 9-11 Delves, and possibly Zekvir, start dropping Gilded Crests so
a) There is a reason to run them; and
b) Delve players can actually upgrade their gear without relying on RNG from bounty drops?

A reasonable rate would be 1 for 9s, 2 for 10s and 3 for 11s. And maybe do a once per day or week for Zekvir with a decent amount per difficulty. This would promote folks doing that content, or helping others do it, beyond the one off challenge.

3 Likes