Adjustments to Delve Great Vault Credit Incoming - October 8

Even if it did take 4 hours (which it shouldn’t after your first week or two of delves), that puts it about on par with the amount of effort required for the M+ or raid tracks for the same number of rewards.

This was a reasonable change, filling the vault with hero track gear shouldn’t take 20 minutes if you want the rewards to be comparable to the other types of content.

And Zekvir doesn’t need a health boost, it should stay as is for challenge and just put a weekly (or daily) reward in for completion.

it’s… not even close though, at least for T8, it’s about 2 hours atm and actively sleep inducing if you are anywhere in that inbetween where you have champ and are just doing it for hero track

I don’t want that to change either, i want delvers to get as much gear as they can earn, i just hate how i have to jump into much more painful M+ runs to even sniff at that kind of vault reward myself, (edit: to be clear since my original text implied it was a higher + level, moreso people dying, RQing, all the trappings of players gatekeeping the mode despite it being like, a +3, numerically not that bad.) it’s a significant step downwards to go nab 3 heroic track vault slots for delves. there’s a skew somewhere there. Zek’vir was just a bandaid to let me get it over with quickly because the content is no longer enjoyable for me

Now, in terms of fixes, i like your proposed ones from the last post in terms of just delves, you guys deserve to be able to farm all types of crests even if it requires the highest tier of difficulty to attain em for sure (can we also get 4 runed crests from a Tier 9 like we get 4 carved from a Tier 7? that’d be awesome)

It would be nice to be able to get 8 bountiful keys per week…

1 Like

They could also meet in the middle, add 2 more keys to the weekly cap, but require 6 delves for the third Great Vault box only.

Maps are also confusing, their drop rate is too much RNG, and it is strange that the purple delve chest rewards Champion 3/8 and a map of the same tier rewards Hero 1/8.

To fix this mess it would be better to change it like this:

• Delves reward Hero ítems in tier 9 to 11.
  • Maps reward the same loot level as the chest (so it would be only Champion on T8 and Hero on T9, but they drop a bit more often)

@Kaivax are you still listening, or just dropped a post again and then disappeared?

So you buy a game that has 20 YEARS of content, but the one thing that got stale within a month is what breaks the camels back? You guys are something else really.

The fact I could cap my delves vault in less than 20 minutes shows why this was changed.

He dies in 1.5-2 minutes. Can do the entire weekly vault for delves in under half an hour. The change was needed.

People keep Blizzard defending on the basis of “AND FILLING THE VAULT”

Lets be clear, you can only take 1 item from the vault. So what is getting nerfed is 1 heroic track item 1 time a week no matter how many runs you did.

That item is still random, so it could be yet another cloak.

Who does this mostly effect being as its 1 heroic item a week max? Mainly alts and “normies.”

Who does nerfing this benefit? Well you widen the gap between the gamers already pushing to 8/9/10 keys and people with not enough gear to ENTER m+. Not that you could not do some of the mid tier m+ in lower item level, but in the “good luck finding a group that takes you when blizzard displays your veteran geared LFR item level.”

So who is it benefiting to take it out? 1 item of mid tier reward per character per week. Take a chore that gives you some options, and turn it into a longer chore. For who did this help? As opposed to, I tried it this week in a 5 man group first… with all of us trying to kill the egg before it hatched, what a nightmare, everything Zek does one shots anyone in the group, complete chaos. Solo though, have to pay attention but doable. For the option of 1 heroic track item at week 3, at least I had a reason to engage in delves, but for my main, and I am by no means high item level compared to people showing up in heroic raid, this is probably my last week entering delves as there is no reward anymore. Its only my alts that are effected past this week, and I found out about this as a time save… this week.

Who benefits from this more then fixing group scaling and continued m+ tuning? If you want to defend it then please start with who has gained anything useful from this change, no matter if it was intended or not, it was preserving some peoples fun, so who now has more fun in the game with this change? It is still… a game right?

2 Likes

In the delves with spore bits, you can dominate mind the elites and just run them into the spores and watch them blow up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never used him to complete 8 delves, but i don’t like this change.

Could have at least nerfed him to 4, or 2. This way you can get coffers to finish the 8.

You can…just go do mythic+?

This isn’t an airport. No need to annoy your departure.

Making it last longer would not feel good. It was nice when you had the skill to defeat this challenge that you got rewarded for it. It’s harder then a +8 delve and have the same reward.

I couldnt beat the ? version on my demon hunter or death knight but i can smoke thru t8s on both those guys solo (just takes alot longer time - dk takes about 25 to 32 minutes) on the demon hunter 28 to 38 minutes (both are tank spec)

I can’t beat old Zekky yet, even at 603 ilvl, so I guess I now have no reason to go visit him again, poor guy, will have less visitors now.

Exactly. I think are a couple ways they could have changed it but this is the simplest.

Exactly. So if you can over come zekvir your rewarded with quicker vaults. It was nice.

Why are they wasting their time nerfing this. “Okay guys we got like 4 thousand bug reports, unplayable hero talents, and 6 hour weekly maintenance, which problem do we take on first?” Then some dude in the corner raises his hand and says “ERM…NERF ZEKVIR :nerd_face:”. Some devs just want to see the world nerfed.

These seem like non-issues.

We’re ending the impulse to fill up the Great Vault bottom row via quick Zekvir runs”, if people were doing this, it’s because it was the fastest way to complete a homework assignment. Delves will not hold their charm forever, which means more and more people would be looking to get them done as fast as possible… as they were.

These seem like bad changes with no positive game direction to compensate. Just because people act in a way, or utilize the game in a way that isn’t intended by the devs, it’s not always a good idea to nudge these people into different directions, especially when it’s a negative direction.

Why don’t we come back to this conversation in a month or two and see how peoples opinions about Delves has changed, yeah?

2 Likes

Are you kidding me?

Ah, the battle continues, well played Blizz!

We were promised bite sized content, and depending on the delve/story it can take ages to clear 8 delves. Once I’m done with my keys, I’m just going to wait for the 2-3 stories that I know I can burn through in 4 minutes and run them 8 times.

You keep trying to drag it out, I’ll keep trying to do it faster.

1 Like