Adjustments to Delve Great Vault Credit Incoming - October 8

I haven’t. And I’m very casual.

1 Like

Fine by me. I am still leveing up my Branny boy. So I haven’t done this. I only did Zekvir once for credit/toy.

2 Likes

The problem is that that Vault gives people that random ilvl boost at all. Remove that, allow the higher tier delves to continue upgrading Bountiful loot, and let the content itself be the primary source of rewards. M+ should be given the same treatment, and have some type of weekly cap/lockout akin to the Coffer Keys.

An’she forbid people actually do delves instead of gaming the system I suppose?

You guys do realize bountiful delves are how you get your Delver’s Journeys, your Brann exp, and your chances at getting the maps that give heroic track gear that you don’t get from keys right?

And bountiful delves respawn every day, theres 4 every day, one in each area.

If you don’t like a specific one that’s fine, they will be different the next day you can easily get your 8 Delves in.

Gaming the system by killing single dude over and over again CLEARLY was not the intention of the design, anyone thinking it was is deluding themselves.

Good Change. I wish you all would soften the HP scaling on multi-player Delves a bit. Mobs get way more than double their base health for every person you add to a delve, I enjoy doing delves with my husband but it takes alot longer than solo.

1 Like

I will keep that in mind. My priest struggles in 8 still. But she’s also under geared. I may struggle but I’m enjoying the challenge. And it’s a true challenge for me.

1 Like

Just do Fungal Folly bros. Each run takes like 10 minutes because the spores do all the work for you.

the tears in wowheads comment section is yummy

1 Like

doing the delves should be the fun part, not a hostage situation.

Not really, with this change you are ending the desire to do delves at all by anyone for whom they’re not the sole means of progression, which is to say almost everyone.

2 Likes

So does this mean if our vault right now shows as being full but it’s from quick Zekvir runs, we are going to login tomorrow and find no rewards for that row? Because if so, this is horrible timing to announce the change. If you had given a little more warning, we could have done more delves to open some slots.

if you hate delves stick with M+ lol

you’re not forced to do them

2 Likes

No this change doesn’t affect your vault for tomorrow.

1 Like

It’s not even fun. It was just a means of reducing the amount of weekly chore time that this season has already regressed to even though we’re barely a month in. With this you could fill your delve Great Vault of Disappointment slots in around 20 minutes which is roughly how long it takes to do a single delve. And it’s not like this was something that was done a lot. It wasn’t until Zekvir was substantially nerfed that it became feasible which wasn’t until last week.

2 Likes

Actually killing Zekky is way easier solo than in a group.

I don’t hate delves, I just don’t see a reason to do any activity in the game that in of itself does not provide me with a reward that is an upgrade just to gain an additional vault slot, let alone doing it multiple times. It’s the same reason spamming M+ feels like a pointless chore as well. Ever since the GV was introduced the entire game has devolved into mindlessly spamming otherwise obsolete content just to fill it up and that’s a fundamentally flawed design in my view.

10 Likes

well its either the vault or bonus rolls

Except you can just go run fungal folly or mycomancer whatever bountiful or not and still get your credit…until Blizzard sees people aren’t spending adequate time in delves and decides to nerf sporebombs (and abom trains but at least that takes as specific story to be up).

And personally I’m maxed on delve journey and seems there is actually an XP limit per week since I been doing 8 bountifuls a day every day this week and sometimes today or yesterday the companion XP reward just stopped being there and even the curios, which are trash XP by comparison, didn’t give XP. My Brann is currently 57 and even with some goofy cap, I don’t anticipate he has more than a week or so to go (and not that he gains any significant increase to DPS anyway).

Edit - And that is all this is…a forced timesink. For a lot of us, delves are an amusing but ultimately easy chore. We’d run t11 if it had rewards but currently there literally is negative reasons to do so. Takes a lot more time, far more risk, and exactly 0 additional reward.

Or the actual content you’re doing giving you a proper reward rather than having it artificially capped lower so as to throttle your progress to one upgrade per week after a certain point. A point which most people reach only weeks into a season that typically lasts several months.

But instead they force you to keep coming back every week because they’re are incentivized to do so by their subscription model. Frankly, it’s a predatory practice.

2 Likes

You could do the bountiful ones without a key

Yeah WoW is in a very bad spot right now. Everything past Mists of Pandaria needs to be wiped and start over. These expansions keep getting worse.

1 Like