Adjustments to Delve Great Vault Credit Incoming - October 8

Honestly though. Honestly

2 Likes

Or people don’t feel like running 8 delves in a week where they’re only getting maybe 4-5 keys total?

It’s not always about trying to stick it to non-M+ content, sometimes it’s a question of the design of the content intended to be consumed, lol.

lame…Is it so you can randomly spawn him in my tier 8 when I’m doing mini bosses?
i got so many alts i want to have gear on. now its just going to take longer.
cant have nice things. always gotta time gate everything.
how about you fix bran running out of the room on zekvir before you go and make it useless after you do it once?
one day you guys are going to learn that making things take longer doesn’t equal fun or engaging. just because people will now have to run a longer delve doesn’t mean it will make running the same dungeon over and over and over on 5+ alts any funner. it just makes it more annoying.

and after running all 8 delves you have a chance to get 1 piece of 616 gear that hopefully you don’t already have or is not a upgrade in any way.

1 Like

I do 4 bountiful a day anyway so wont affect me non

I’m pretty convinced they do most of their “balancing” at this point directly based on the Poddy C podcast. Every time those guys bring up anything, you can bet these devs will be on it within the next two days.

The FBI has their top investigators working around the clock to find a single person who asked for this.

5 Likes

It’s an annoying change, and a bit heavy handed. As others pointed out, 5 to 6 keys is all that can be reasonably expected a week while the vault requires 8 runs. Why not just have Zekvir count a maximum of three times then? Do your keys, the kick his bugbutt for the remainder.

1 Like

grinding the same mob 8 times is fun?

Beats doing delves 8 times per alts.

Understandable change but at the same time a bad one. Right choice would be to understand why people were spamming Zekvir encounter and fix that. Or maybe make a daily lockout/gives you one T8 reward of delve in vault per week, maybe 2 if you do the ?? difficulty? Idk, seems like whenever people get rewards you make a change to make it longer or worse to get it.

1 Like

Can…just not do them if you aren’t having fun?

Or is this more about being “forced” to do things.

1 Like

I don’t need gear from bountiful delves, but I do need the vault slots. So, now instead of running Zekvir eight times in a half hour for no reward other than vault slots, you want me to run delves eight times over 2-3 hours for no reward other than vault slots?

Sounds like you just want to inflate play time metrics.

4 Likes

Just beating Zekvir was too rewarding. I make use of this strategy and I think it’s broken. Not only that but you also get a ton of valorstones while doing it. I am just thankful they didn’t remove those, too.

Blizzard: “We don’t do that here”

Imagine if one of the mythic+ dungeons had an 8 minute timer and 1 boss.

Different idea:

Make Tiers beyond 8 count as 2 vault slots.

Give people an incentive for doing delves once the bountiful chests aren’t providing any upgrades.

1 Like

This change saddens me

Ok. Now what? You’re telling me that if we had a +7 key dungeon with 1 boss and being solo I would always do that dungeon? I mean yeah, would be easier than doing bunch of 7’s in my alts, for my main tho…huge waste of time.

So then again, why were people spamming Zekvir? Mainly because having to put less effort in alts makes you wanna…play with the alts next week. I already do bunch of +7’s in my main. I’m already grinding a chunk, the upgrade/item system this expansion is the worst as it’s ever been, I’m def not putting as much effort in my alts as doing 8 +7’s.

Even tho yes, I would rather do 8 delves instead, why not just nerf the spam and make it counts but Zekvir as a weekly encounter for the vault? I know, you know and we know why Blizzard simply removed it without any proper commentaries…gate.

I am also saddened by this change. I mean I run Bountiful Delves as well. Make the delves more like the 15min bite size things they should be and actually offer better rewards and people will run them. Nothing dropping in Delves is worth it to me on my main. Only the vault rewards are.

Same old Blizz right here. One of the most blatant changes to force extended playtime I’ve ever seen. Maybe if delves weren’t absolute snoozefests, maybe if bountiful delves weren’t always the same story variant (brilliant idea btw) then people would engage with them “as intended.” This company cannot help themselves when it comes to sabotaging their own product.

For the record, I doubt this was ever intended but the cat was already out of the bag. They should’ve let it ride out the season then addressed the actual issues with delves that made people stop engaging with them in the first place.

1 Like