Addons seriously

Translation: Get GuD and stop blaming addons.

Yes thank you. Sometimes im a little long winded

1 Like

Yes and what fun would it be if people didn’t have some one to disagree with. Is it possible that I create my topics for no other reason than to create a discussion?

People don’t actually take these forums seriously do they?

No. The “I just wanted to make a discussion” excuse is an absolute failsafe option used by people who know they’ve lost an argument.

If you just wanted to “create a discussion” you wouldnt have insisted belligerently through a hundred replies that your idea had some clout.

It is akin to “its just a prank bro” or “I’m not actually racist, i just thought it would be fun to parody someone who is racist!”

It’s not a Classic discussion. Wrong forum.

Look another omniscient being.

@Ristra its all about classic addons.

No it’s not you just added that right now. You’ve been generically discussing addons this entire time.

This 100% belongs over there…

It doesn’t take omniscience to see you trying desperately to back out of your own argument in an attempt to save face. Like i said the “I’m just creating a discussion!” Excuse isn’t any different than “well im just the devils advocate.”

You have proven on multiple occasions that you truly believe your own ignorant rhetoric. Personally, I’m not willing to let you back out of it so easily. You either admit that this whole thing was a cry out to get rid of addons because you use them as a scapegoat to your incompetence, or you die on this hill, surrounded by people who not only think your idea is ludicrous at best, but also see through your laughable camouflage.

1 Like

or maybe everything you said is nothing but your own paranoid assumptions. I created this thread 3 days ago.

You are clearly an obsessive individual look at your self and see how personally you are actually taking this thread. Its a matter of realizing I’m better off ending communications with some one like you.

If constantly playing the victim card (“im a victim of addons” “im a victim of your obsessive paranoia”) makes you feel like a winner and helps you sleep at night then by all means blame me.

Regardless of when you created the thread you have been actively replying to it up until half an hour ago.

The only thing upsetting about this thread is how vehemently you try to blame addons for your own failures.

And yea, my goal is kind of to either get you to shut up or admit you are wrong. So if “ending communication” means you won’t post here anymore then I’ll call that a win.

Finally we are back on topic. What failures did I blame on addons?

You’ve stated multiple times that “addons give people an advantage in pvp”

Many people myself included have pointed out that top players do not even use addons. There is no competitive advantage to having addons.

You are blaming your inability to succeed in pvp on the idea that you are losing to players who use addons. In reality you don’t know if they use addons or not, you are just assuming they do because you cant beat them and you dont use addons.

You made a very specific example where you were forced to download an addon for raiding to pre-pot. However it is easy to pre-pot before a pull without an addon by watching the tanks movements and using the potion just before the tank pulls. No one in your group would have known you didnt use an addon because they dont have access to your UI.

Addons don’t make a player better at the game by default. Addons provide clear information, already provided by the game. A players ability to read, translate, and act on that information quickly and decisively is what makes someone a better player. The only thing an addon does is make it easier to find that information and act on it quickly. That is why pro players are able to find and act on that information without the use of an addon.

You aren’t realistically asking Blizzard to host addons because you are expecting or even hoping that will happen. You are doing it because you (and everyone else) know they won’t. Therefore you are making an easy bridge to the next logical conclusion of your argument, which is disabling addons entirely.

You dislike addons because you think they are the reason for your failure. That is false. The reason you are failing is you. If addons were to blame than anyone who didn’t use addons would also fail.

Sums it all up.

I might not use them but I play with people who do use them. The ones they use present Player information such the enemy players defensive CD cds and the deminising return CD in a very visable form. They use this information to chain CC to get a kill. In my opinion this is a PvP advantage an addon gives you.

[quote=“Felrung-garona, post:235, topic:199145”]
You made a very specific example where you were forced to download an addon for raiding to pre-pot. However it is easy to pre-pot before a pull without an addon by watching the tanks movements and using the potion just before the tank pulls. No one in your group would have known you didnt use an addon because they dont have access to your UI.

I was prepotting on my own up until that point. One of the raid leaders was indicated by an addon that I wasn’t using an addon and I got called out for it.

I never said that they make the player better I said they give the player an advantage. in my opinion the manner in which addons present ingame infromation can be an advantage by making certain stuff more visable.

I dislike addons because I don’t think they are fair, then someone says they are fair because every one can get them, then I say blizzard needs to make the way you get them more fair because I don’t want to have to deal with outside programs.

They are free and easy to download. If you don’t trust Twitch, the largest streaming platform on the planet, to be a reputable source, then why would you trust Blizzard?

Because the way blizzard makes money off me is obvious and the way twitch makes money off me is less obvious.

Twitch doesn’t make money off of you unless you watch their streams or buy their merchandise. Addons for all of their games are hosted completely free. There is no subscription fee, and the only requirement is to have an active account. Do you do any business online at all or do you live in a cave in the forest? These things have been standard practice from many websites for over a decade.

Yes and doesn’t it not seem suspicious at all? You are paying blizzard $15 a month and they won’t do it.

Then you pay Twitch and all the addon creates nothing for all their hard work. So your telling me a company I pay $15 can’t do it and I shouldn’t expect them to do it but a company I pay $0 can do it?

It just seems to me that blizzard is taking the easy way out and they should be the one running all this addon stuff.

No it is not suspicious at all. If i were a company why would i spend money to provide a service that is already provided for free? Twitch is able to host addons without worry of cost because they generate billions of dollars from viewership every year.

Let me break it down for you as simply as I can.

When twitch has an investors or board meeting the number one driving force is their total userbase. By having you sign up for their website to download addons, they are increasing their userbase. Even if you never watch a single minute of streaming on their platform, you are one of their millions of users.

Blizzard used to do the exact same thing when they published subscriber numbers and showed number of total accounts, not number or active accounts or total number of players (some people own multiple accounts)

It is not uncommon for companies to take these numbers to stock holders as a metric of success. Even if you don’t pay them directly, they are making money off of your sign up.

Note that i said they are making money. They aren’t charging you a dime and you lose nothing for signing up. Literally every “free” website does the same thing.

There is no incentive for Blizzard to move resources to building an operating an addon hosting site or app because it already exists. Even if it didn’t, they wouldn’t have any incentive because they don’t view addons as essential to the player experience.

Blizzard doesn’t host addons because blizzard doesn’t create the addons and/or want any liability or responsibility for other people’s programming.

The very notion that they allow independent parties to create addons was a feature given to players/customers.

You are basically asking why a car stereo manufacturer doesn’t provide downloads to songs you like on their website. It has nothing to do with them, beyond being allowed to function on their product.

Also the entire premise of your thread is rather stupid… Addons have existed as long as the game has existed (and in MMOs before wow)… YOU may not like them or use them, but luckily YOU don’t get to impose your weirdo playstyle on others any more than I get to force you to download a minimum of 20 addons because I think the stock UI is just awful.

2 Likes