Addons seriously

All usable addon’s should be downloadable from blizzards own launcher or their own website.

I am paying a premium subscription price. Why should I have to go through questionable third parties to get full functionality of my game?

11 Likes

The game is considered fully functional without add-ons.

Also since when is Twitch/Curse considered a questionable third party?

45 Likes

It might be fully functional but I’m not getting full functionality of the game without addons. Also I’m forced to deal with advertisements and force to give up personal information to create an account

2 Likes

:thinking:

10 Likes

I haven’t seen a single avertisment using curse and if you wear a tin foil hat you can make up any info you give them. I don’t see the problem. Also Blizzard doesn’t make the add-ons, they are all 3rd party. They just are the ones who approve or ban them.

8 Likes

The tinfoil is strong with this one.

17 Likes

Some people celebrate Friday harder than others.

6 Likes

You’re on the wrong website if you need to make an account…

3 Likes

calm down Karen…

4 Likes

I disagree with this.

While addons can be beneficial, they aren’t a necessity in playing the game and the game is perfectly fully functional without them. I have played the game a number of times without any addons at all and did just fine. They are a convenience. I know many healers have always used healing addons as an example. I haven’t ever used a healing addon in my almost 14 years playing this game and I was one of our best raid healers back in Vanilla.

So again, while they can be beneficial, even some are fun, they aren’t a necessity, although I’m sure some people feel they are.

5 Likes

don’t use them then. like how many brain cells do you have? blizzard doesn’t make the addons or have anything to do with them. you have no concept about anything at all and you whine and complain like an entitled brat. get over yourself.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this same guy considers using addons, “cheating”. So if he’s serious then he wants to “cheat” too.

1 Like

nah, i use all the addons. they’re just not blizzards responsibility.

i just hate stupidity and ignorance.

2 Likes

It’s already been said many times when blizzard higher difficulty raids that they design them expecting people to use certain addons. If you do any higher lvl raiding or pvp they are completely necessary.

No, the OP. I believe it’s the same person that was calling anyone using them cheaters.

In live WoW yes - but not in vanilla. They weren’t designed that way back then.

blizzard reviews them and determines if they are acceptable to use. What do you mean they have nothing to do with addons. Addons have a huge impact on their game they should all be available for download from blizzards own launcher or atleast their website.

Out of curiosity, where has this been said? I’m not trying to be sarcastic, genuinely curious. Link?

And I raided in Vanilla quite a bit. On a druid and later a warlock as well. Raided Ony, MC, ZG, some AQ20 and BWL. The only addon I remember being really beneficial to me was a threat meter, but I’m sure I would have learned my way around threat perfectly fine without it if needed.

I had a pc back then that was not suited for 40 man raiding by any means so I had to play the game pretty much bare without addons and did perfectly fine. I did use the threat meter though as I said. My pc couldn’t handle 40 man raids, being and TS and running addons all at the same time and I really did just fine raiding.

Blizzard only gives developers the tools and ensures they don’t break any rules. They don’t actually do anything else with them, it’s up to the mod authors and users to fix their own problems with them.

Thus Blizzard won’t ever endorse anything.

1 Like

I don’t think it was ever explicitly stated, but there are a number of mechanics in modern WoW that are almost impossible without DBM.

So have we officially pivoted to “I just want X addons banned” yet?