Adding More Gender Options?

oh boy, here we go

Very unlikely. I do not recall any Q&A to see if people identify as woren, goblins or pandas before they were added to the game. Totally unrelated to in-game, but rather who might play the game.

1 Like

Bwahahaaha! What the fel? Lmao

1 Like

Gender is the identity you have in relation to your sex. If they weren’t separate, gender dysphoria wouldn’t exist. For those of us typical folks whose gender identity does align with our biological sex, the difference between the two is moot, but it’s a big deal for trans and non-binary people.

The bottom line, though, is that there are only two sexes: male and female. (Intersex is a birth defect and not a third sex.) A person can identify as a man/woman/both/neither, they will biologically still be male or female. A person can identify as an attack helicopter, they will biologically still be male or female.

9 Likes

Well said sir or ma’am or what ever you are :turtle:

1 Like

Whoa there, slow down with that gendered language.

All they need to do is add Ogres to then game and we would have Men with boobs

Or just roll a Kul Tiran either gender.

2 Likes

Posting in a skinwalker thread.

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

A lot of people have probably already jumped the gun regarding what they interpret this survey to mean. Keep in mind that this is probably just so they can have some sort of idea regarding the demographic of their players. They got criticized heavily for advertising WoD as a boy’s club, so it probably took them by surprise that a decent number of women actually play video games. In the grand scheme of things, it’s a revelation that’s not really new.

On the off-chance that this does result in more gender options, I would highly doubt to see any alterations to the models themselves. The idea that there are only two sexes is both standardized and accepted. The easiest (and, in my opinion, the most practical) thing to do would be to take the Shovel Knight approach; regardless of the model type you choose, you can modify your gender expression so that other NPCs refer to you with masculine, feminine, or neutral pronouns and titles. That would be the absolute extent of the changes that I would ever expect to see in this game. But I’m not entirely convinced that even these are destined to be implemented.

1 Like

What? How exactly can you represent gender spectrum with character customization, considering gender is psychological, not physical?

That’s cause there are only two sexes. Gender however is a whole different issue.

That’s a very good idea, I like it!

1 Like

I guess after the Covid epidemic is over, the real war against the mental illness epidemic will continue.

It’s like “you think your petty faction war using the plague matters? The Old God’s madness awaits”.

2 Likes

You have male or female. That’s all that’s needed.

10 Likes

It would honestly feel like 10 year olds are running the game. 99.9% would be boys making the most messed up character possible. As even they see what a joke all this non sense is. A guy with boobs is not normal.

3 Likes

Say it louder for the people in the back.

Do this and let some “gendered” customization options blend over like earings and such. Easy peazy, and doesn’t hurt anyone that doesn’t want it.

1 Like

Do you just want hip, height, shoulder, and weight sliders similar to other rpgs? Then you can pick and modify the male and female body type to your preference.

Not sure that survey has anything to do with characters? It asks about the person.

2 Likes

I hope we get a place to have sex reassignment surgery next to the barber shop.

2 Likes

I really hope not.