Adding More Gender Options?

So WHO reclassification of transgender, laboratory results on testosterone and estrogen, Atypical Chromosomes that result in syndromes, animals proven to change sexes in a lifetime (fish, coral, slugs, frogs, butterflies, birds, lobsters), Gina Rippon, who’s British and uses brain imaging for her study…all this is Science Denial and a global leftist scheme?

Even proponents of multiple identities define sex as male and female. How the brain behaves person to person, nature vs nurture, development, etc. are the debate.

And you don’t think anyone on the right has Science denial or is pushing for tyrannical government? It’s just the “left’s sick agenda?”

The left or the right denies science when it suits them to benefit whatever parties their coalition is made up of. Energy corporatists and climate denialism or cultural idealogues and gender theory (which has huge marketing power).

2 Likes

As an Independent, that’s what I was driving at…Wanted to see what they would say.

Male and female designate that they are different in that same statement. If they were the same, then how would a male know a female thought or feeling? If they are the same, then that’s saying there’s no sex or gender in any fashion due to the neuroscience being nonexistent. And if it’s nonexistent, we wouldn’t have personality, voluntary movement, individual thought, etc.

Our psychology makes up most of our brain differences via chemicals (hormones) via chromosomes and genes…DNA.

“Gender and hormones influence how the human brain develops. Recognizing some of the differences between the male and female brain can help us to understand why teenage males and females often have different learning styles and behavioral patterns. The cortex is composed of gray matter and white matter. Gray matter is densely packed with cell bodies. White matter consists of myelinated axons that form the connections between brain cells. The female brain has a higher proportion of gray matter while the male brain has a higher proportion of white matter. Having more gray matter may explain why young women are usually more efficient in processing information, often have stronger verbal skills, and usually excel at juggling several activities.”

multiplyingconnections(dot)org/become-trauma-informed/male-and-female-brains-are-not-same

There’s only a “debate” because of the left. This is science and psychologial fact that gender is designed by sex. It can be denied, but is illogical to do so.

I can deny facts and come up with 50 different types of anything. It doesn’t make it factual.

2 Likes

So, to you, this isn’t even a topic that should be discussed or debated. The science is out. Despite the fact we don’t even fully understand things like DNA, considering majority of it “junk” and are still learning about the brain. I simply don’t understand that stance.

Who doesn’t? And who says we don’t? You don’t know (once again) what you’re talking about. Junk DNA or RNA doesn’t mean it’s not understood. “Junk” DNA is non-encoding DNA.

Stop acting like you know stuff.

1 Like

Funny how my stance still is learning, however, you won’t apply that same theme to your end. Very interesting how that shifts.

1 Like

I can’t link. Try Googling “Is Junk DNA really junk.”

Been a lot of news about it in the past few years.

I don’t need to. I just told you what it is: Non-encoding material.

Now, are you going to continue arguing petty, little issues and failing? Or are you going to construct anything solid, addressing the main point or answer any of my questions?

1 Like

NPC’s refer to us as “Champions” or our names in the subtitles. As far as other players, I don’t care what gender you identify as, I’ll treat you the same as anyone else (generally speaking, annoying lol). Why do you care what you have to select? You letting a game tell who you are? People who hate labels sure seem to go out of their way to make sure they are labeled properly…

3 Likes

And they want to force everyone else to use that label.

1 Like

"Scientists once thought noncoding DNA was “junk,” with no known purpose. However, it is becoming clear that at least some of it is integral to the function of cells, particularly the control of gene activity. For example, noncoding DNA contains sequences that act as regulatory elements, determining when and where genes are turned on and off. Such elements provide sites for specialized proteins (called transcription factors) to attach (bind) and either activate or repress the process by which the information from genes is turned into proteins (transcription). Noncoding DNA contains many types of regulatory elements:

Promoters provide binding sites for the protein machinery that carries out transcription. Promoters are typically found just ahead of the gene on the DNA strand.

Enhancers provide binding sites for proteins that help activate transcription. Enhancers can be found on the DNA strand before or after the gene they control, sometimes far away.

Silencers provide binding sites for proteins that repress transcription. Like enhancers, silencers can be found before or after the gene they control and can be some distance away on the DNA strand.

Insulators provide binding sites for proteins that control transcription in a number of ways. Some prevent enhancers from aiding in transcription (enhancer-blocker insulators). Others prevent structural changes in the DNA that repress gene activity (barrier insulators). Some insulators can function as both an enhancer blocker and a barrier..."

“The identity of regulatory elements and other functional regions in noncoding DNA is not completely understood. Researchers are working to understand the location and role of these genetic components.”

• NIH

Also, Harvard released an article at the end of January, Harvard scientist John Quakenbush did a paper on " an often-overlooked segment of the human genome that may have a profound impact on cancer formation and prevention."

This all says to me we’re still learning about DNA.

So now we’re talking about DNA. Which topic are you going to address? Either you’re trolling now, or you’re derailing the topic.

There’s only two genders.

2 Likes

So does or doesn’t DNA play a part in gender? Is DNA not fully understood? Is this not the same topic?

When I read about pesticides and natural occurrences that can alter a frog’s gender during its lifespan or scientists in Portugal that can manipulate snake genomes to create extra ribs using non-coding DNA or Harvard doctors that write about 3 billion pairs of base genomes with “98% of our DNA not having a clear function,” I wonder to what degree DNA can alter gender: is it an either/or or something in-between.

I really hope they keep gender identity out of the game.

A) Marvel is receiving backlash for trying to stick gender diversity down their fanbase’s throats; Snowflake and Safespace (yes, those are their super hero names) have no place in a world of super powers. The video has an overwhelming 181k dislikes vs 3k likes, that’s a 4% approval.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PCWUCv1rnU

This isn’t an isolated case, political agendas have no place in entertainment (at least not for now, not the way they’ve been handled) it has happened to Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Terminator, Charlie’s Angels, J.K. Rowling and who knows how many others, those are the ones I can remember.

B) Our brains create issues where there are none (many have tried to explain this but none have come to a conclusion). We as a society are allowed to come up with gender identity issues because we’re living in an era of peace and prosperity, we have no greater issues to deal with at the moment. Ask a war veteran or a terminally ill person if they have issues with being mis-identified about their gender, they will probably have a good laugh about it.
The characters in WoW are constantly facing death, famine, pestilence and war(craft); not only as issues, but also as (un)living and (un)breathing entities; this is a world where cataclysmic events happen every leap-year. They haven’t got the leisure to correct their enemies about how they’re being addressed before slitting their throats.
Let’s say Mekkatorque comes out as non-binary (geddit? 'cuz he’s kinda binary now, cuz he’s part robot. I’m so witty). You think he’d correct Erazmin or Kelsey about being addressed as a he instead of a them? The people that saved him from the brink of death.

I don’t mind if it turns out Talanji is in love with Thalyssra or Mayla, love happens even during war. But concerns about pronouns or males dyeing their hair pink has no place in this game’s lore.

3 Likes

Well said!

Well said i think. The problem is proponents of gender theory will be adamant that this is an attack on their identity, or lifestyle and therefore a breach of rights OR that “being the waybyou are isn’t political”.

I’m tired as hell of this cultural conflict, my education in biology and healthcare makes it harder to sympathize with gender theorist but i admit that’s my bias if anything. Leave my boomer games alone…

Besides gender idealogues should know quite well where blizzards ideals are after blitzchung exposed that their ideals are as pliable as putty where moneybis involved. Do remember Tracer is not anl lesbian in china or russias overwatch canon as an example BUT such policy is highly profitable in western countries sonyou have full blown lgbtq+ events around overwatch here.

1 Like

How did such a ridiculous topic last this long? lol

2 Likes

bro we don’t need 10 yrs logging in and confused if their a girl or boy, if you were born a girl your a girl, if you were born a boy your a boy,

Now stop pretending otherwise!

3 Likes

Stop, just stop. Using Strawman arguments to try to justify people wanting to “identify” as anything is up to them, what is ridiculous is that they expect OTHERS to just go along with whatever name they want to come up with, it’s not even an argument.

Yes it is, for the vast majority of the population and no amount of strawman arguments will change that.

2 Likes