Adding More Gender Options?

Seems unnecessary though. The selector right now is just “body type” with a male/female symbol on the button.

1 Like

Personally add more fun gameplay before we start adding more genders besides they’ll never add my gender cause it’s too silly they told just cause i identify as a house plant and like to sit in the sunlight and get plenty of water i’m weirddddd.

1 Like

Or… or… maybe they don’t want to insert political influences in the game. Yeah, there’s a thought.

4 Likes

By gender’s definition that’s wrong. You can disagree with the academic definition but it doesn’t change the fact that gender is itself a social construct. I.e. women generally keep their hair longer and wear more revealing clothing, this is part of being “female” in regards to gender. But the tricky part of gender is that it is supposedly a spectrum and you can create an infinite amount of genders based upon what would come down to personal preference.

1 Like

This thread should be locked. Nothing good ever comes out of these.

2 Likes

Know what, deleting this after reading a lot of the comments here and realizing most of them are just trolls.

It is. They’re called chromosomes, and it’s physiological.

3 Likes

No. That is SEX. You are born physically as one or the other.

GENDER is how some one identifies in a society.

I love how the left drives lies to be “tRuTh”. This is such insanity and I’m getting sick of it. Gender is how a person behaves via their sex. It’s physiological and philological. This science, and no matter how someone “feels” won’t change it. This info is taught in 7th grade…but no longer in 2020.

5 Likes

This has nothing to do with science. How someone behaves via their sex? How could you determine whether their behavior is male or female? It’s very ambiguous. Also it’s not about feelings, it’s about definitions and constructs. Perhaps psychologists used a different definition years ago, but the definition for the social construct is now gender. I’d be interested to hear how you can strictly define male/female in terms of behaviors. Like I said, based upon the academic definition gender is a spectrum because it HAS to be. It’s just like personality type. While MBTI might have 16 different archetypes, it certainly doesn’t exactly describe one’s personality.

Ok? Gender is a biological issue. Gender dysphoria is a scientific issue. They’re separate which is surprising for someone with a “psychology minor” to not understand.

Right. Unnecessary for most. And a cost to change for Blizz with ROI implications etc. All important things to balance. Again…would you care if implemented?

Pretty sure this is only there so they can know their market/playerbase and nothing else.

MuH SoCiUl CuNsTrUKT!!!

Science:
The [biological approach] suggests there is no distinction between sex & gender, thus biological sex creates gendered behaviour. Gender is determined by two biological factors: hormones and chromosomes.
simplypsychology org/gender-biology html

YOU: DaT NoT TrOo!!

7 Likes

I presented FACTS. Where are yours to say science is wrong?

5 Likes

Why do you care that it isn’t?

2 Likes

I would be confused why it needed to change. “Care” is a bit strong, but it would be weird to me that they changed something that doesn’t need fixing. Kind of like when they decided to redo feral druid sounds.

2 Likes

It’s my money and I need it now!

How would they implement it? Just a third box on the creation screen that goes nowhere in-game seems pointless.

You create a male human, check non-binary, but you still look to everybody as a male human? What’s the point?

7 Likes

Aside from RP purposes, I don’t see much of an ingame, pragmatic reason to add more genders. If you want, install an RP addon and have fun.

1 Like

but … wow characters cannot reproduce.

3 Likes