Adding More Gender Options?

Like what do you people even want for this?

Don’t you just roll the gender of the character your identify as

2 Likes

Even opening up the options currently sex-locked would help, like letting everyone choose ear shapes for their Vulpera or tails for their pandas and having their trolls and goblins stand upright or their tauren not have rings in their nose. Part of the problem is the new snazzy graphics options that cut down on customization while hitting many of our characters hard with the ugly stick (I’ve not wanted to play my human since then, she was cute and after that she…was not), but most of the problem is that many customization options are restricted to one sex or the other.

Maybe someone can tell blizzard this when it came to voice chat and communities.

1 Like

Eww gross.

Gender is not a behavioral association. Boy and man are the same thing as far as gender goes. You are trying to say that something conceptual and is a product of human thinking is the same as something that actually exists.

When people say there are only two genders, male/boy/man and female/girl/woman are the two genders. It doesn’t matter what you call them specifically as they are interchangeable. They are synonyms.

2 Likes

I just call everyone “dude,” it’s pretty neutral.

1 Like

So is the term “guys” it seems. No one ever complains when I address a group as “guys”, even if they are all women. I like when people don’t get offended or picky about little things.

2 Likes

Oh… COME ON, another LGBT thread?

Yup, people are stuck at home and have nothing better to do so they decide to toss another turd onto the fire and make us all take a whiff of it.

1 Like

hmm… I no longer know what else to say, it is rather another whim in a time when there is no need to look for another way for them to see their identity, their diversity, through tolerance that only becomes a paradox vs. intolerance.

In other words, there are already rights and freedoms for your identity, what else do you want?

I’m too tired to understand much of what you just said, but my standpoint on this is that sometimes people think they have more freedom than they do. Some things you just cannot pick or change. We aren’t gods.

2 Likes

Perhaps that’s true in where you live, or your parents/family and their circle of friends, but I can assure you that here in CA, in 2020, in cities with populations that are larger than many states, it’s not true.

So please get off your Logan’s Run soapbox you’re using to hate on total strangers, and stop assuming everyone over 55 has no idea what non-binary or gender-fluid means.

I’ve heard of non-binary, but what the heck is gender fluid? I swear, my generation comes up with the weirdest things sometimes.

4 Likes

I would say otherwise. In my youth, basic biology had us listed as either xx/xy. Gender/sex were one and the same.

1 Like

Gender and Sex are the same thing. One is a generic term and the other is a more scientific term. You know scientists, needing to have their own language and word for everything :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I suppose. I’m more of a salt of the earth type who prefers simple honest language.

Natural manipulation during meiosis. There are quite a few things that can go wrong with sexual development which are non-lethal.
But anyway, that’s getting away from WoW.

No, it’s colour here.

Yeah and in your youth, black people had to fight for civil rights. They are not the same thing and there is a clear distinction between both terms and denying so is denying facts.

2 Likes

Which isn’t what they were referencing.

It was…

1 Like