Add RBG's to WOTLK

RBGs solve a serious problem and adds retention to the game.

1. By adding RBGs, it would get rid of the need to pre-made BGs. If people are pre-mading, they will likely hit RBGs instead. This means that regular battlegrounds will more likely be straight pugs or small groups, which is a much more even playing field and enjoyable experience for casual play or solo queuing.

2. Adding RBGs would be huge for the community, and would be a major player retention piece. There are alot of retail players that play solely for PVP, and many of them like to RBG. Without RBGs, classic is a no go. If you add RBGs to WOTLK, I think you’ll find more retail players sticking around. Furthermore, and more importantly, the RBG scene has its own community. You need ten players to play, and that takes coordination and social bonds. This community element is a serious component for WoW, and should not be discounted for WoW Classic.

In short, RBGs would be a vast improvement, both solving for regular BG issues with too many pre-mades, and it would also create a space for PvPers to ply their craft and build community. Both of these things would be excellent.

Keep this thread pumping! This is important stuff.

4 Likes

Alliance would find a way to get in their discord premades im sure anyway, cant handle a pug vs pug as we know.

I support rbgs coming to wotlk but the best argument or concern against creating them would be the possible death of arena. The question is can the size of classic’s player base support both rbgs and arena or would arena just become too starved.

1 Like

I support OP

1 Like

Because nobody likes getting smashed by premade after premade.

1 Like

I think concern about arena population is legitimate, but I given the size of them (2v2, 3v3, 5v5) I don’t think it’ll be an issue as those are easy sizes to party. Also, not everyone is into RBGs.

They’d probably need to evaluate the rewards so that arenas and RBGs are very closely rewarded in terms of points. That way there would be no bias in favor of one or the other.

Honestly I’d almost want rbgs just to get a damn eots or wsg pug that doesn’t make me want to purge humanity from the planet.

“they have 5 people on defense with efc, we need more than 2 on offense”

Followed by 6 players going to midfield… For… Reasons and Offense losing a 2v5 and defense losing a 2v5

And then there’s eots pugs… Like pugs are really good at ab… And eots is essentially ab with one flag instead of a 5th base and pugs seemingly just can’t wrap their heads around it.

So yeah give me rbgs so I can at least get people who aren’t brain damaged in my games.

As for the above mentioned SotA- rbg, it was quickly removed from rbg lists because it simply needs 15 players and rbgs are only 10… Even eots and ab run into that issue a bit, but they can still function. SotA doesn’t have that luxury.

I would definitely support RBGs in WotLK

the trouble is you only have 3 maps- WSG, AB (10 man?) and EOTS (10 man?)

Strand of the Ancients was always a super awkward battleground. I remember doing it as a 15-man RBG in Cata.

Oh not the concern in making a team but in total player population giving out “x” number % rewards. With rbgs (which many love) the more casual play may just never do arena to enter the total pool, tanking the total number of titles available. However this may not be a bad thing because titles from there would only become that more prestigious. On that note tho I am pro rbgs

He said it woild go against what classic is all about. If there was any improvement that didnt hurt the game and actually made it better then they spoke to some players amd they told blizz that anything that improves the gameplay is againt classic. So no. No rbgs for u.

From what I remember from Shadowlands, RBG’s gave more points than arenas which makes sense. It’s a lot easier to find a couple people and queue arenas when compared to making a versatile group for 10v10 that works on various maps.

To be fair, most of the other maps suck.

Silvershard mines: Sucks

Deepwind Gorge: Sucks

Temple: REALLY sucks

Battle for Gilneas: Is just a terrible version of AB where every game is a “3-2” snoozefest

Twin Peaks: Is literally WSG except worse in every way.

Deepwind Gorge is the only widely hated RBG. All the other ones are sick.

I love mines! (And puppies!)

1 Like

hard disagree

silvershard is good, deepwind was actually my favourite RBG map
Temple is good, even though I don’t personally like it. As long as you don’t get this map all the time.

BfG was really good especially after the graveyard fix so you couldn’t just turtle.

Twin Peaks is an awesome CTF map.

edit: the only bad battlegrounds they ever added were the vehicle battlegrounds, and personally I thought seething shore was really bad.

Seething Shore was definitely the worst of all time RBG.

Twin peaks was the best they added.

Strand was the worst.

3 Likes

So what should the reward be for a daily RBG in Wrath?

a) bonus honor?
b) Wrath badge of justice equivalent?
c) extra gold?
d) any combination of the above?
e) other?

Conquest points of course.

The RBG equivalent to arena points.