Activision had nothing to do with this

I think we’re talking about different layoffs here. The live event and esports layoff was relatively small and quite recent.

There was esports people in the big layoff in 2019 and then live event people last year, we’re not talking about different layoffs.

The 800 people include some esports people (mostly in the backend and reporting), CS, and a very minor amount of QA.

Read the entire court filing, it’s not that long.

Yeah I am now.
That page 15 is… bad.

God, everything after battlefield 2 sucks, but you’re probably still right. Do you think that 2042 might not suck as much? I’m suddenly finding myself with a lot of free time, for reasons that are relevant to the thread topic.

Yeah, pages 14-16 are…yikes.

If you think Battlefield One sucks we’re about to have a problem. :I

Kotick is friends with Epstein, yes?

Yeah, though just implicating him here because he’s a reprehensible scumbag is still dishonest.

Funny thing is that I heard EA is one of the better gaming companies to work for. They actually look out for their employees. They also just know that gamers will buy any trash they will release.

They will stab you on the back, though. They take a more subtle form of corruption. Look at what they did to both Titanfall game’s release dates before buying them.

Look at the nonsense with Bioware.

There’s clearly some level of insanity going on there.

Wasn’t Bioware basically left alone until Anthem’s development resulted in nothing but scrapped concepts for several years?

1 Like

Bioware’s problem was 100% their own according to the big Anthem article on them. EA gave them two big bags of money and extended their work on the game twice. It was Bioware that pissed off the money and time because of “Bioware Magic”. Seems Bioware has the same god complex of managers that Blizzard has.

EA makes crappy games, that is true. But they treat their employees much better than Blizzard does, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Yup, that was 100% Bioware’s fault alone.

Yeah, EA does seem generally better to work for, sucks for the consumers, but hey.

The situation with Respawn seemed pretty sketch to me though. You don’t make that same mistake twice before buying a development studio accidentally.

In the grand scale of things it won’t effect the company at all.

Just like every black person is a thug?
My god. You can’t ascribe negative connotations to an entire group based on the actions of one.

There’s multiple reports that it is an industry wide problem, specially in past years.

So it’s at least an industry problem, and we have suits to back that up. Riot just had to pay out the butt.

1 Like

Every paladin is bad at video games.

I don’t need proof, it’s just true.

This is true sadly