Activision had nothing to do with this

Reminder: Activision may be the biggest scumbags in the industry, but it’s looking like this incident is 100% on Blizzard.

Gotta be fair about these things. That is all.

edit: evidently I was misinformed so, go wild, lol.

7 Likes

Activision is clean.

1 Like

How about activision publishing paying women less than men for similar work

6 Likes

People are failing to understand this lawsuit isn’t about the state of the game, if you want to blame Activision for that, go right ahead. But this disgusting culture is 100% on the Old Blizzard Guard. Morhaime, Afrasiabi, it sucks that I’m even considering this, but even Metzen isn’t off the hook. Really hoping for some specificity about who’s at fault of what when the lawsuit comes to pass.

2 Likes

Time for Activision to take over now

3 Likes

I highly doubt it’s just the old guard.

If Danuser gets mentioned I’ll laugh so hard and never shut up about it, though.

They had nothing to do with THIS, I did just call them the biggest scumbags in the industry. High bar with EA still around.

Well yeah, obviously, the newer crew are more implicated, but I don’t like seeing people letting the old guard off the hook, when they’re very likely the ones that created this whole culture. The new ones are just participating in it. But when it comes to Danuser, as much as I don’t like the path he’s taking with the story, it’s really scummy to hope that it turns out he was a pervert. From what the women who used to work there are saying, it’s a lot of the management folk that are perpetuating the culture.

1 Like

Oh god

That’s what we need, an Activision cash shop :nauseated_face:

I don’t blame anyone till evidence comes out. Though considering how bright Danuser’s virtue signals are, and my actual hatred for the guy, it would be the funniest thing in the world to me if he got caught.

I’d be surprised if Jeff or Metzen did anything extreme, but maybe. I’m more inclined to believe company culture shifts annoyed them and had them leave. Leaving in the middle of development after a lifetime with three sentences is super weird, though. So it could be extremely awful business shifts, or related to this.

2 Likes

This incident isn’t 100% on blizzard it’s on the whole company and every major company out there.

1 Like

Don’t worry, once BF2042 comes out in October, Activision will be too busy trying to pick up the lost marketshare. Cheaters running rampant in Warzone. Bugs everywhere etc. Terrible company overall.

BF2042 hitting Acti’s flagship product. FFXIV with Endwalker hitting Blizz’s flagship product. Hell even when DO4 releases, they’ll be going up against PoE which as of the latest update is in an amazing place.

Not looking good for acti-blizz, at all.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that, this is all from the Bloomburglaw article:

According to the complaint, filed Tuesday in the Los Angeles Superior Court, female employees make up around 20% of the Activision workforce, and are subjected to a “pervasive frat boy workplace culture,” including “cube crawls,” in which male employees “drink copious amounts of alcohol as they crawl their way through various cubicles in the office and often engage in inappropriate behavior toward female employees.”

The suit also points to a female Activision employee who took her own life while on a company trip with her male supervisor. The employee had been subjected to intense sexual harassment prior to her death, including having nude photos passed around at a company holiday party, the complaint says.

Oh, I thought it was actiblizz.

Oh nonono, oh dear.

That is completely against community thoughts, PoE has been going downhill lately.

At least it’s not D3.

1 Like

It is the whole company, don’t know why people are specifically point out blizz in the whole thing.

2 Likes

Evidently the guy who wrote the article I read was a moron.

Like the women who killed herself was an activision employee.

Unfortunately every major company in the US is probably like this though, they’re very “old boys club”

4 Likes

It’s a little broad, but I wouldn’t be shocked if a bunch of these spoiled rich dudes abused their power in a lot of companies.

They basically get away with tax crimes we’d get jailed for on the daily, what’s a little abuse to them?

PoE’s latest update is getting mass outrage.