Actions Taken to Address Exploitative Gameplay

I find it hard to believe anyone who implemented a daily 30 instance cap actually plays classic a lot. I can tolerate bots. I cannot tolerate game altering changes like this.

25 Likes

Appreciate the efforts, and hope your improvements lead to the game being rid of this filth in due time.

That being said, the lockout change needs a total reversion. It does not function as it should, according to the stated goal of the change.

9 Likes

Would you say once all bots are taken care of, that there would be enough removals that it could end up opening servers for transfers again? Some servers like mine are at about the 2 month mark w/ no server transfers allowed.

Of course, I don’t want queues back, but it sucks to know that there’s been thousands of bots out there whereas my friend can’t even transfer over. Maybe keep character creation closed, but open transfers again?

Can you guys just hire someone to deal with bots instead of automating things? Every time you guys make a new system it works insanely poorly. Dont let this be a one time thing either. Keep banning bots.

6 Likes

#truth
Didn’t say a word about that

10 Likes

I thought the whole reason we got this weird frankenlauncher was so it would have improved anti-cheat, but obviously that was a lie.

8 Likes

Okay, but Qqffortbv, Soliquaaall, Brovvtlab, and their HERRO PREASE boars are still farming all the Thunder Lizards south and east of Camp Taurajo non-stop. Weirdly, they are totally unresponsive if I tag said Thunder Lizards before they do, yet they go right on killing them for … me.

8 Likes

Now that is how you write a blue post. 10/10.

4 Likes

Blizzard is a small indi studio. They cant afford stable servers let alone an anti-cheat.

12 Likes

YOU
HAVE
FAILED.

62 Likes

Read the post again. They’re constantly banning botters and the people who have been accusing them of not doing anything have been doing so while this “last month” of banning has been happening.

Banwaves happen multiples times a month, Vrakthris confirmed this two days ago:

7 Likes

Don’t think any Classic fan has a right to complain about corporate overlords when you happily bought into one of the biggest nostalgic cash grabs of the modern gaming industry.

You bought their game and then they abandoned it, what else did you expect?

6 Likes

How badly were the staff embarrassed when those noclip/fly hack videos came out over the weekend? Seems to me pretty badly. Do you think the 30 instance cap is maybe a bit over the line and an over reaction? Did you think about adding something to the UI to show the player where he is in terms of instance cap? Given how severe the penalty can be to a legit player for hitting that cap for the next 18 hours, shouldn’t something for the UI have been considered before releasing as is? These are serious questions.

21 Likes

Thank you for the communication Kaivax.

1 Like

If they’re constantly banning bots they did a really terrible job until today.

11 Likes

They didn’t abandon it; that’s the problem. They keep messing with it.

4 Likes

Thank you for banning bots. I’m going to keep reporting them if something is actually being done.

8 Likes

I can’t believe in the wall of text there isn’t a single thing explaining why the entire player base was punished.
truly amazing.
unsubbed and I won’t be back.

15 Likes

Okay. Please remove the instance cap. Thanks. See you tomorrow with another request to roll back the change.

14 Likes

Please remove the 30 instance per 24 hour lock-outs. This hurts players. Please stop hurting players as a method to cheaply address bots.

13 Likes