Acquiring Trust Level Three

Vrak actualy confirmed it we both been around long enough not to pull false data do u realy think that badly of me to acuse me of trolling.

He’s not implying you’re trolling, he’s just reiterating that you’re reinforcing his point that beta access gives all characters TL3 whereas reaching TL3 organically on one character seemingly does not.

4 Likes

i’m not saying you’re trolling… i’m saying there are variables.

not everyones forum account is in the same group.

people who had beta access, had their forum accounts placed into a specific group with different access, so they could post in the beta forum… on any character.

being in that group may have enabled the users to retain account-wide trust levels.

i’m not stating that this is definitely the reason why some users don’t have account-wide trust levels, it was just a theory.

4 Likes

It’s been said several times on here throughout the years that there was a certain expansion beta access (Legion I think) that granted tl3 to all characters on someone’s account.

I’ve had the beta tag on mine forum account for several years now and I don’t have tl3 on all my characters.

Imgur

1 Like

(just testing with a character which rarely posts)

1 Like

i was able to post a gif on a low post count character, so it looks like that one is piggy-backing off my level 3.

i’m just chucking random ideas again (would be nice to get some blue confirmations so we don’t have to play guessing games) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

… but are your characters without the tl3 “different” in any way? i was just wondering if there was like a “snapshot” years ago, and characters which didn’t exist or were transferred from another account, may get treated differently?

These new forums weren’t around in Legion but other than that you’re right. If you were in SL beta then you have TL3 on your account forever* on all your characters, even if you take a break for several months or a bit naughty.

*subject to change

1 Like

Some sites are white listed even for lower trust levels, keep that in mind.

1 Like

Testing on a new char.

Intra forum linking Welcome to the Customer Support Forum!

Blizzard support linking https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/256989

Imgur
Imgur

Youtube

Twitter

EDIT - Holy everything it WORKS!!! Ok could be my Beta group though. I know I am busted to TL0/1 on the other Blizzard forums.

Odd, I had SL and BFA beta, I believe I had beta before that honestly.

That could be, let me try a different character other than my Druid. Her name existed way before her and apparently I had posted with that name on other characters.

Nickaeladin btw, this toon was made recently and hasn’t had any changes, be it name, server or faction.

Test:
Multiple errors occurred: 1) Sorry, you can’t embed media items in a post. 2) Sorry, you can’t include links in your posts.

I tried Youtube, Imgur and Twitter.

<—- Tovi

Character is less than a month old.

1 Like

This is a recurring bug in Discourse where you’re allowed (by trust level) to link media but if you wait too long to submit the post, you’ll be prevented from submitting with that error. (“Too long” is “long enough for preview to process the link and generate an infobox for the link”. If you paste the link absolutely last and then immediately submit, most times it will work. But you may never be able to edit the post after that, because trying to submit the corrected post might also get the “cannot embed media” error.)

This error is occuring on all the other Discourse forums I partipate in, so this isn’t specifically a Blizzard issue.

Testing linky:

6 Likes

This is an unknown fact which has caused me to question; why aren’t screenshots from the game something allowd for TL2?

I feel like if some websites can be white listed, then screenshots from the game are the safest things to attach to a forum post.

Screenshots are saved to your computer. To let anyone else view them you need to upload them to a hosting site. That hosting site determines if it is white listed or not.

Blizzard does not allow posters to upload files from their computers to Blizzard’s server for hosting.

7 Likes

There are two aspects to this.

First, screenshots are not normally posted on the internet, so one form of posting screenshots is uploading the images directly to the forum servers. Discourse can technically accommodate this, but I don’t think Blizzard has enabled this because it requires extra storage space plus the willingness to manage that.

Second, screenshots can be hosted on third-party image hosting sites like imagur. But whitelisting a few of those feels like a legal minefield (“We are suing Blizzard because they unfairly block us”) and even the most likely to be whitelisted can host content that absolutely cannot normally be displayed here. Access to that risky capability is therefore restricted to those who have demonstrated they won’t abuse that capability.

So screenshots can’t really be an “everyone” thing until they find a trustworthy way to host the screenhots that no one can abuse.

5 Likes

Looks like some of those hosting sites might be white listed, according to the post above yours.

Also, when you say discourse, is that different from discord?

Yes. Discourse is website software. Discord is a chat service.

3 Likes

Specifically, Discourse is a web forum platform. All of Blizzard’s forums are Discourse, as are a lot of other forums.

For instance, here’s Discourse’s own Discourse forum for talking about Discourse.

4 Likes