Acquiring Trust Level Three

Over the weekend I had completed the requirements for achieving the trust level 3 status for interactions on the WoW forums. However, I have not acquired the upgrade yet. I waited to ask about it because I figured it was probably something that updates during regular business hours.

Iā€™m showing you still at a two.

What Iā€™m seeing is still a bit to go on reading posts -it does take a lot.

Now, if this is an update error, relogging may help - but I donā€™t think it is.

Everything else seems good.

5 Likes

Since this topic is about Trust levels, Iā€™ll ask. Do you retain the trust level once you get it or does it downgrade over time?

Good question, one Iā€™m not entirely sure of.

I donā€™t think so.

I know forum actions can downgrade htem.

2 Likes

They can degrade if you donā€™t post or read the forums often enough.

If you reach tl3 and you take some time away from the forums, it doesnā€™t usually take long to get it back.

6 Likes

Thank you for letting me know. What Iā€™ve been going on was this comment from an earlier post.

Trust Level 3
Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000posts (both starting posts and replies)
Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
ā†’ Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

Is it more than 20K now?

1 Like

Just as a by the by - I know there is this post out there that has a layout of what each rank requires to get to, but that post was not something submitted by any of the staff. While it was a MVP, itā€™s not all-inclusive and itā€™s not something that has ever been officially released. Itā€™s a good guideline to work towards, but itā€™s not something that any of the staff has officially laid out.

1 Like

It is still 20k, but Iā€™m showing you have roughly half that.

3 Likes

Keep in mind itā€™s per character so if you swapped forum characters that would affect it.

3 Likes

Yup, but once one character has earned it, that trust level perks are available to all your characters. Which is a change Iā€™m so grateful for.

Ohh I did not know that, that is awesome.

But acquiring that level still an individual ā€œachievementā€ correct?

Hmm, my profile on this character shows 20.2k, but maybe that doesnā€™t reflect a 100 day period, only a grand total. If thatā€™s the case then man is there alot of reading to do.

Unfortunately, for me this isnā€™t correct. Iā€™ve tried to switch my forum posting alt to my main, and I had to earn a level to even post. When trying to post a link or look for the Lounge, I couldnā€™t post one and the Lounge was non-visible.

I would report that as a bug then. If I can find the post announcing the change, Iā€™ll link it here, but it is supposed to carry over to each character on your account.

That, I believe is the case? Iā€™m going to see if I canā€™t find the forum ā€œpatch notesā€ where that had been announced. I believe it went into effect earlier this year, or towards the end of last, but I canā€™t put my finger on it right this moment.

3 Likes

I definitely will if you find it. I tried it as recently as September. (Had to look my Druid up on here to see since I couldnā€™t remember what month!)

I just checked it and my alts do not share my mainā€™s TL3.

I missed any sort of announcement that it was supposed to be otherwise.

1 Like

If it is indeed the case that my profile is showing my lifetime ā€˜post readā€™ instead of the amount required within 100 days, then i think my question has been answered.

Is that whatā€™s actually the case?

And to everyone else, thank you for sharing your knowledge too.

1 Like

It me. Still letting me post links without an issue. Also embedding a video.

3 Likes

I believe that is correct. Iā€™ve never found a way to know your actual current post-read count in the last 100 days. Which is why I stopped bothering with trust 3, I would read like 10k posts all at once to hit the number, then after 100 days all 10k would fall off and Iā€™d have to do it again and I read like 20k more posts before realizing that I actually had read plenty of posts but hadnā€™t liked 30 posts.

1 Like

There is a certain Beta license that flags some for TL3 on all their characters. I have Beta listed, but apparently it isnā€™t that one and I can still lose TL3 if I donā€™t visit the forums enough.

2 Likes