Achievements in Classic WoW

You were very clear in your statement, and as usual are wrong. Is English not your first language?

2 Likes

It’s quite astonishing.

I guess I will add to this post.
Do I think it’s an OK idea? sure.
Do I think it will have a huge backlash if implemented? not really.
Do I think it will ruin classic wow experience? no.

So why am I not backing it 100%? Because its the same old story ok if you implemented x then why cant u implement y since it wasn’t in vanilla anyway.

/end

You are making the assumption here that gear checking is a lower bar.

Checking gear can consist of looking for gear that drops from the boss they are about to attempt.

Sure, it CAN. It can also NOT.

Therefore your statement that:

Is incorrect.

(Emphasis on your quote added by me)

1 Like

Why are people responding to the trolls today

I hate achievements. Someone clears rfc on their stupid alt, gets an achievement and 15 ppl in guild chat grats them

Ok, please explain how my statement,

“The armory is not in game. It does not change the game. Emphasis on the game.

And you statement about players actions while they play the game. Are the same.

Player action vs code.

Again, you lower the bar because it fits your premise. Those people achievement checking OR gear checking might not be.

No, we were speaking about a statement you made incorrectly characterizing my words.

Admit you were wrong (or don’t, I don’t really care)

So you think it’s not possible for things outside of the game to affect the game? Ok.

Gear checking and armory look up are the same thing. Having said that there should absolutely not be a vanilla armory… you want to see what someone is wearing go find them or ask them.

Ristra never admits fault, best to just move along.

3 Likes

You have a problem with tracking addons because someone could upload them to a database. If the tracking addon didn’t upload, I would presume you wouldn’t have a problem with it.

You institute a slippery slope argument by saying all tracking addons will inevitably be uploaded to a database.

Your problem is the database, not the tracking addon. Like I said, they are two different things.

2 Likes

Better argument than your specious trolling - and I can agree with your line of thinking here.

The issue isn’t what I have a problem with (or do NOT have a problem with as the case may be) the point is, that I do not think that Blizzard will allow it to exist because of the potential for abuse via database, it has nothing to do with my personal feelings on the matter.

Because of what CAN BE DONE if they were to allow such an add-on, I do not think they would allow it, and I think they would break it if one appeared in-game.

Fudge off. You made a bad argument, and attacked me for pointing it out.

1 Like

No, my argument was factual, and logic based.

The fact that you attributed it to personal feelings…well that speaks volumes.

Because in 2004, achievements weren’t part of everything. People didn’t need the devs to tell them all the cool things they could do or how fast they could beat a boss. Games weren’t designed with “Do this x cool thing” in mind. Players made their own achievements. “I wonder if I can do Y on boss C?”

LF Healer for WSG. Link exalted achieve

LF Tank for BRD. Link BWL achieve

That is what will happen, guaranteed. This kind of thing along with gear score absolutely poisoned the game in WotLK.

My earlier jokey answer was true though. You can tell what I’ve done by just looking at my character and inspecting my gear. It’s a completely unnecessary and likely toxic addition to the game.

2 Likes

Because achievements add nothing to the game. Playing the game is your reward. Play the turd known as retail if you want that poop :poop:

2 Likes