Achievements in Classic WoW

IT changes the game.
It adds a motivation to do things and be places where a person would not normally be or be doing.

1 Like

Blizzard is trying to get as close to Vanilla as possible.
Achievements are not part of Vanilla.
I suggest waiting a year into Classic then ask.

1 Like

I’m not talking about 2 different things - I’m literally talking about the same thing. If you have a d database tracking achievements for people, it is a PALTRY task to then summarize it on a public facing database.

I don’t know why you don’t understand that?

Troll thread… destroy it!

1 Like

Did I say anything about gear checks? No - I said achievement checks.

Armory wasn’t around in Vanilla(IIRC), I would think it’s safe to assume it will not be around this time.

Begone Trogg

Yes you are.

Insisting an untrue thing IS true does not make it so.

That’s some backwards thinking right there. The way you word it those people posting up there saying “get a pen and paper” are creating a paradox.

Or, like wanting to ban player created achievements like ironman “because it changes the game”

Exactly. You may want to take note.

You can keep trolling all you want - my original point hasn’t changed, and it’s been succinctly addressing the topic.

I would be shocked if such an add-on was allowed to exist because it would mimic the achievement fiasco we started seeing in WOTLK.

Hope you see how gear checking and achievement checking are one in the same.

Person A sets a bar and expects Player B to meet that bar.

Using the defense of not wanting achievements to be used as a tool for elitism while ignoring all the methods that are still available? No logical.

As far as the armory, just because it was not around in vanilla does not mean there will be none in Classic. The armory is not in game. It does not change the game. Emphasis on the game.

It wasn’t around in during vanilla is an exhausted stance when it’s out side of the game.

No, they’re not.

Asking someone to link the achievement of downing Ragnaros (because that’s what you want to require them to have in order to join) is NOT equivalent to making sure the person has the appropriate gear TO down Rag.

There’s a world of difference there.

2 Likes

I love when people you disagree with are “trolling”. Give it up bro.

Yes, armory does change the game. You can view talent specs of others and gather info on players of the opposite faction without needing to create an alt (or another account on PvP servers). What are you taking about?

2 Likes

Wait, you’re FOR Gear score? Ha, you lost all credibility.

That’s not what was said at all.

What’s with all the troll threads by 0-posts alts today? There’s been like 5 of them and it’s not even Sunday.

/inspect at IF bridge/Org bank isn’t gear score. You just lost all the credibility you didn’t have in the first place.

4 Likes

Might want to think about my wording again. How people play the game is forever changed already. However, the game itself is NOT changed.

No, trolling people are tolling. Disagreements are fine - purposefully incorrectly summarizing people’s statements, mischaracterizing their words etc - THAT’S trolling.

2 Likes