Account-wide unlocks gone

Oh that’s good, glad you got a helpful response. My GM gave me a tip for how to complete one of the things that had been reset. Not very helpful (no shade on the GM, perhaps my ticket wasn’t clear enough). So long as everything goes back to normal I’m happy! Perhaps I should reticket for the pet portals though.

That specific issue will require a Game Master. It seems to have only affected users who completed a character service during a specific window of time. If the GMs can confirm you were affected by it they should be able to assist.

https://battle.net/support/article/000275655

2 Likes

So far I’ve put in 2 tickets and have not been helped. I transferred a few days ago and was affected by this. I can try again.

1 Like

You could always include a link to this forum thread in your ticket for reference, on the off chance there’s a GM or two who aren’t aware of the specific issue at hand. It’s pretty recent, so it wouldn’t be uncommon for there to be some employees not quite up to date on the newest issues.

2 Likes

They restored one of the pet portals but because I hadn’t collected enough pets to “use” the biggest one, they wouldn’t restore it for me because I couldn’t “prove” I’d purchased it. Kind of annoying.

1 Like

I got the same thing twice from GMs on my two tickets.

I can see the achievement, I can see my pet number is higher than 1,000. But they said my character doesn’t have the marker to show that I earned it so they can’t restore it. They said I had to find the character that earned the achievement in 2017…no clue I have lots of alts.

Anyways, jokes on them. I canceled my sub as I’m not about to go re-do entire quests, unlocks, and collections. I do actually pay them for this service, monthly. It’s poor service and has turned into poor entertainment for me. There are plenty of other fun games to play. If they ever fix this account-wipe issue (they still only refer to it as a known issue with pet battles) and fix more of the broken stuff with pre-patch/shadowlands I may come back.

If they can’t be bothered to acknowledge and fix it, I can’t be bothered to pay them money.

2 Likes

We are still waiting for some position blizzard.

Is a fix coming ?

They are aware of the issue, and a fix will come in time. Hounding them to fix it quicker, won’t make it happen any quicker. Sit back and do other things while you wait for a fix.

2 Likes

They have only acknowledged the issue with pet battle cap in known issues.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000275655

The account-wide quest progress and unlocks has not been officially acknowledged as a known issue. GMs are also not aware of any issues outside pet cap limit. For example, my two tickets where I detailed the range of issues relating to account-wide progress reset (and linked to the thread with fully documented issues) were addressed only for pet battle limit and the GMs were unable to resolve even that.

In addition to that, the character services continue to wipe account progress for players and Blizzard continues to accept money for them without warning players.

Current state:
Account-wide progress reset is not listed as a known issue
No incoming fix for account-wide progress reset has been announced
Tickets continue to go unresolved for many and are limited only to battle pet limit

I can say I’m definitely in the camp of doing other things waiting for fix but it’s not world of warcraft.

1 Like

They don’t list every single known issue.
They don’t announce every potential fix for an issue.
Unresolved tickets are just that, unresolved. Doesn’t mean they aren’t aware.

2 Likes

Still bugged.

File a bug report.

already did 10+ days ago

Then you’ve already done all you can currently do. Posting here won’t expedite a solution for you.

3 Likes

You know, all these posts about this issue (which I am also experiencing) say the same thing as you, contact a GM. People have even reported success getting their completions back with a GM. But the tickets I’ve submitted all get this form letter about how you guys have too many people asking for help right now and please reset my UI. Except I’ve already done a complete reset, already uninstalled all my addons, and it’s account wide for me, same as this guy. But I can’t figure out how to get an actual GM to give enough of a crud to help me.

Any advice on what categories to select and what wording to use for a ticket so that someone actually looks at it would be appreciated.

2 Likes

You can reopen the ticket they responded to and explain that the solution offered didn’t work. Reopened tickets get queue priority.

3 Likes

I will keep posting to not let it die.

3° WEEK WITHOUT A FIX

looks like we will still be bugged when SL lauches. it’s not funny

2 Likes

Nothing will come from this thread other than it’ll be lock as the blues here ain’t GMs nor devs so repeatedly posting here won’t get anything done.

4 Likes

Smallish update - not as much as I’d hoped, but progress!

This should no longer be happening going forward, and our devs are currently looking what kind of remediation can be done.

Not been forgotten folks, just hadn’t been a whole lot to share.

5 Likes

It looks like this issue is now fixed for me - thank you!

1 Like