Locked out of pet battles?

It might be tied with some known issues with battle pets. You may need to file a ticket to have this looked at.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/account-wide-unlocks-gone/693338/24
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/cant-add-companion-to-your-account/690096/25

1 Like

Thank you, I will try that - I did do a server transfer the other day.

:cookie:

1 Like

Hit this today, did a character transfer yesterday and today, after the pre-patch, “accidentally” picked up the quest “Learning the Ropes” and was confused that none of the traditional mobs seemed to offer battles. Then I noticed my “cooking fire” (Li’l Ragnaros) was showing as a “?” in my action bar.

I put in both a ticket and a bug report with screenshots of my achievements and statistics, I hadn’t seen this after an account services change before and things were fine yesterday and even this morning. I definitely don’t want to pay the 8s again at the Battle Pet Trainer :laughing:.

1 Like

These do seem often connected to character services - so putting in a ticket is the correct course of action.

1 Like

Thank you, I have (and it was answered as check Wowhead) and will keep trying since little pet quests are 75% of the game for me.

1 Like

Seems “Azeroth Minis” for the “Display Base: Mechagon” were also reset according to https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/account-wide-unlocks-gone/693338/25. I can confirm that I’ve lost my Azeroth Minis collection as well after the weekly reset.

My issue was not caused by the reset - but by using the server transfer service. If it was an option, I would redo the quest line to reopen the pet quests but even that is locked.

I am hoping my second ticket will fix it.

2 Likes

Understood. I did a server transfer of an alt. When I got the email I logged out and logged back in, checked the character that was transferred, everything looked right.

I was on just before reset and didn’t notice the issue, it was only after the reset that I noticed things were wrong. I wasn’t cooking or pet battling, didn’t pull out my Azeroth Mini display base, etc. It was when I picked up the quest and realized I no longer met the requirements for it that I knew something was wrong.

1 Like

As far as I know all a ticket can help you with is restoring a lost pet portal (and if you haven’t learned enough pets to ‘prove’ you bought the highest one, you’re out of luck). A ticket has not helped me with other things like restoring completed quests such as the hatchlings from Legion or pet dungeon progress. I am meant to wait until these issues are fixed by devs, correct?

Account-wide quest progress, if lost, may be forever lost unless the quest gave you an achievement (or progress for an achievement). Quests are possibly more difficult to restore than training.

Battle Pet Training is cheap and it’s tempting to pay the 8 silver to re-train. However, there’s no saying what impact it will have on quest chains and progress, if it tracks toward a “hidden” achievement there’s less to show.

BTW, I got a response to my ticket and was asked to submit yet another bug report and to see if the issue was fixed. The issue was not fixed so I reopened the ticket as well as submitted a second bug report.

I tried to redo the quests to open them up again - and it’s still locked. I’ve tried everything I can think of and at this point, I’m sure it will take GM to unlock them manually. Given the achievements and my pet collection, I shouldn’t be a problem of verification lol.

Then you’d need to put in a ticket, Grumbles.

1 Like

I have put in two tickets so far and am keeping my fingers crossed for the latest one as the first one said to check wowhead.

Thank you.

1 Like

I went ahead and submitted a ticket, but I am also having this same issue have some recent character transfer services last night. So far, I had to re-complete the Island Expedition tutorial, and have been unable to pet battle. I also checked my Azeroth Mini collection and saw it was missing - Breaks my heart, because I am worried there may be other things that are missing I wont know about until much much later. :c - What a bummer.

I’m not sure what happened but the last GM said I would be able to relearn battles - which worked this time (I don’t know what/if they did anything or I just missed it). I did find out though I am also missing the two items that up your pet limit, which is worrisome since that is a lot of time to replace them.

I still have my mini-collection though.

You need to make a ticket for this. With your pet total they would be able to confirm at least the token to get you to 1500 pets.

Thank you, I did. I have the achievement dated correctly that gave the initial reward so I should be able to get that back at least.

1 Like

You also have over 1000 pets.

I submitted two tickets and both GMs were unable to get my limit increased even though I have the achievement and also have 1,010 pets.

The GMs said I needed to tell them the name of the character that originally completed the achievement because the character the ticket was submitted under did not have the quest progress marker checked to indicated I had completed the quest. Which you know…is the actual bug the ticket is submitted for.

I’ve given up with submitting tickets at this point. It’s a difficult process, it takes several days for them to respond, and it was entirely unhelpful. All of the remaining issues (which are also in my tickets including the main thread from the bug report forums) cannot be resolved by GMs.

Eek, I’m sorry. At least I know it was this toon I did the achievement on and can prove the screenshot with the date.