Account-wide unlocks gone

Sorry to bump this thread, but I was wondering if there is any further update on whether the devs will be able to address the lingering issues for those of us that were affected by this bug?

To be clear, it does seem that the bug itself was fixed, which is great. However myself and others are still missing various unlocks that were previously earned but lost as a consequence of this bug. Evidently the bug fix did not involve a follow up to correct the accounts of players like myself. Some players have indicated that GMs were able to restore their titles, quest progress, etc, however most of us are getting punted by the GMs to submit bug reports. So again, just checking if there’s any follow up to this, or do we just keep pushing our tickets back in the queue?

Thank you.

If you still have issues, Heartstep, I’d put in another ticket.

There are several steps in any bug investigation. Simplified, the main steps are:

Identify
Verify
Isolate
Fix the bug

At that point, depending on what it is - sometimes things can be retroactively addressed across the board, other times they may not be able to be addressed at all and still others may take individual attention.

The priority always has to be on preventing something from happening going forward. Our devs then let us know what - if anything, we can do to mitigate something that may have happened.

Depending on when you submitted a ticket, reporting a bug is indeed the correct answer. That may mean you need to submit another for consideration once the process has worked through.

I know that is probably frustrating but if we take action too early, things can actually break - depending on what has to be done to address the issue. The last thing we’d want to do is make an issue worse.

3 Likes

why are pet battles no longer account wide? My characters now have to unlock pet battles when they were all able to use the same inventory of pets before to complete the pet battle world quests! Now I have no pets to use and I’m prompted to unlock achievements. Which begs the next question – aren’t achievements supposed to be account wide as well?