Account wide rep makes us play more not less

People will complain if you mail them gold because they had to walk to the mailbox.

“People complaining”, when it comes to WoW, isn’t an arguing point. It’s like complaining the sun is out.

I do agree that is why blizzard is stupid to have started giving in to these complaints because there is almost nothing even profession patterns available now for renown/rep and they are still complaining.

My characters just do enough rep in that area every week for the weekly now and the world quests otherwise just sit.

The problem I have with the analysis on the account wide rep is I don’t think people quite realize they should ask for better. We all know why people want account wide rep: no more grinding. But what isn’t usually said is that people would rather play their main, run M+ maybe a few times, get the benefits of all the game in front of them. You won’t get bored on running the same M+ dungeons for gear after rep got you some mounts and gear drops?

Yet for some reason we’re going to be happy with easier rep grinds on alts? I don’t think so, that’s not the true problem. Rep grinds are terrible because a lot of the content is squished out due to levels and daily locked into content that you literally can’t stay awake through. Every time I have to put on a tabard and run Botanica I literally fall asleep, and just because I want to complete 13 year old Sons of Hodir reputation, that’s no better. Or I’m trying for the stupid green drake egg.

I think we should put some brain power into this exercise and to me, one of the first things that comes to mind is a dual classing system instead. Too FFXIV? Sure is, but what are we doing now if not just throwing Fates into our new zones.

But I don’t really want that? Yeah, people are free to disagree with me - but I just ask rhetorically, if you did get Nightfallen rep done for you just once across all your classes and can pick up all the transmogs and outdated gear - is that really what you wanted? I think not, I think we wanted to use it all on our main characters.

No I really want account wide legacy rep so I can buy irrelevant crafting patterns on alts. Everything else you get from the quartermaster is already account wide.

No need for duel classes or whatever you were talking about.

This is called feedback. Sorry if anything discussed is a “complaint” to you.

account wide anything makes the game less fun and take things for people to do just like them taking away any content ruining the lore killing beloved characters pushing IRL californian culture war BS in game ( but thats basically all californian companies do even without realizing it) than of corse the stat squish removing powers the whole barrowed power things. the over promising of stuff only to only get a tiny bit… AND YOUR ONE thing YOU are annoyed about is things not getting account wide that ONE Thing out of all that i mentioned not to mention all the other things that make the game less fun for others. dude work on just stop ok account wide anything is just total bs that in the very long run takes away from the game why do you think people like whole classic wow and such because the game had things people loved which they removed or added things that took away from the game as a whole.

Even if they made rep account wide I’m not going to do it.

:100: % agree. That bonus rep really helps speed it up. All you have to do is slog through on your main to get the Word of a Worthy Ally which does that renown boost you mentioned.

Also Fyrakk’s Assault give BoA rep tokens based on what zone it is in. I was able to get my main from 24 to 30 on Tuskaar yesterday because I sent all the tokens from my alts over.

Account wide would be a plus but this is a step in the right direction.

How about you try to read what I was saying instead of zeroing in on one word in my post.

I never said anyone was complaining, spaz.

If we could juat grind the rep like we could with the main Alliance factions there would be no issue with rep.

Honestly, I would play more if reputation was account wide. I wouldn’t just world quest log on my alternates but actually play the story on each of those characters again like I did in Shadowlands instead of using the skip feature.

The only reason I play alternate characters instead of my main constantly is because some other games you can be all crafting classes on one character and because of this I had to create them which distracts me from playing my main. That said I still enjoy doing the story through the eyes of a different character but hate grinding reputation over and over and over again.

This is why I am in favor of account wide reputation but to slow down the progress, what every character is doing the campaign, side or world quest get just rewards instead of reputation if they are doing it a 2nd time or more.

1 Like

Not as bad as you think tbh, they increased how much rep you gain at 10 an 20 for Alta, and at max you get tokens you can give to said alts.

:dracthyr_shrug:
Just work on one char an send any tokens you get to alts. I did the same to mine an reached max.

I think destiny did something like this. It wasn’t bad honestly. Especially if everything you get from the factions is accountwide unlocks/items.

Personally I just hate grinding the same rep for all my crafters. Its so exhausting. If I could just do that all on one character it would be a huge timesaver.

1 Like

Seems like an extra step to have to log on an alt just to get the same effect if this was all account wide in the first place.

Do I really need to explain the math to people about why account-wide rep will never happen?

Because the math on it is pretty simple.

Please use numbers to explain to me how account wide rep will not make me play more. I’m so excited to hear this.

Whether it makes you play more or not is irrelevant. It’s simply not feasible.

1 Like

:dracthyr_shrug:
Regardless, everyone’s just making it sound harder than it was before, a 200% increase on all rep gain with that faction is easy to do specially with tokens an wq’s

1 Like

The funny thing about the extra rep bonus is that my alts hit max renown faster than my main does.

Main unlocks the bonus, then the alts get double/triple rep for repeating the same stuff the main did.

1 Like

No they don’t. I know this because this pally is an alt and the rep gains are a chore. Is it faster? Sure. Is it more work I have to do needlessly? Also sure

1 Like