Account wide rep makes us play more not less

Ive been told there is a story for this expansion, how ever I didnt need any rep to do mythics.

Would be better if we didn’t need to do it and just got account wide rep, especially with things like dirt piles and treasures buried deep within rep.

I just hit 27 renown on the fishing dudes…so i can get those treasures. I don’t see any of my alts getting that high as I just don’t care enough about doing rep based things on them beyond what they need for essential tradeskill stuff. Even then, I’m at the point now I’d rather pay someone else to R5 craft it for me than grind 20hrs to get the recipe on an alt.

“noooo i want max exalted because i dont want to do that rep grind again!1!”

They already did do the grind.

Accountwide Rep is coming, so there’s no point in calling people lazy bums.

2 Likes

They better not be using the Collection Tab then, or any mounts or gold that they didn’t specifically get on that specific character.

If they’re using Transmogs that they didn’t farm on that character but on another then they’re hypocrites.

1 Like

I won’t lie. When I play an alt I secretly wish I could just pick up where I left off on my main. Rep, gear, everything.

I do understand that that may not be necessarily fair. But it’s still what I want. It didn’t used to be. It’s because I just don’t wanna put as much time grinding. Will that ever be catered to? Dunno. But as I get older I slip more and more into that category.

I don’t want to ruin the game For anyone but real life calls. I guarantee no one’s death bed regret is gonna be not playing enough world of warcraft. But even so I recognize that my wishes may be counter to the many

3 Likes

Dungeon tabbard rep

I have solved all problems

then I guess the people who want account wide everything don’t play any more than one character either or else they are hypocrites as well.

This was a great system and I have no idea why they removed it. It made me want to do dungeons more than once.

But account wide rep is better.

doing it once but getting multiple rewards is less work than if you earned the rewards on multiple characters - that is just a fact.

I’m sure they want to at this point but it’s a matter of getting a bunch of newblood developers to do it. And they’re stuck trying player housing gearing systems right now.

Well, I think legacy rep being account wide is a great QOL change (if it’s really happening.)

Titles, tabards, transmog, mounts, pets and toys are account wide already. Timewalking badges are a pointless stepping stone.

There’s no reason to grind a legacy rep more than once unless you want (not need) an out-of-date crafting pattern.

but it really wouldn’t since most things you can put work orders in for are either soul bound or sell region wide.

Not doing it at all is less work than doing it to benefit my account. That is just a fact.

You are gatekeeping literally the dumbest stuff here. Nothing overwhelming great comes from rep usually. It’s fluff. Might as well open that fluff up to more people because as of now it’s barely being utilized

1 Like

they made it fluff because people like you whine constantly about being forced to do things. But if it is fluff then there is no reason for you to have it account wide either - you need to examine exactly why you aren’t doing content on alts because your excuse makes no sense.

It took you 7 years to make 5 maximum level characters - you never were a big alt player.

Don’t bother with them. You’re arguing against a wall that wants to gatekeep content that has no bearing to progression anymore.

Their insults and accusing others of being lazy is irrelevant.

Accountwide rep is coming and the vast majority will love it.

LOL come on dude, don’t rewrite history. Rep rewards have rarely been anything special. The gear has always been garbage and the only thing useful has been stuff like enchanting patterns.

1 Like

Really? I seem to recall tons of complaints every expansion about rewards behind rep. In MoP people complained about the dailies because profession patterns and gear they could use was gated by rep. This expansion people are still complaining about profession stuff and now lore being locked behind rep. And just because the gear isn’t useful for you doesn’t mean it isn’t useful for others - I used a lot of that gear from renown.

These threads literally would not exist if people didn’t want the rewards.

You just repeated what I said:

So the only people this effected was those that cared about professions. Why would someone with herbing and skinning care if the Klaxxi had an enchanting pattern?

And no the gear from the rep vendor has always been garbage.

Blizzard didn’t change it to “fluff” because of complaints, it’s always been mostly fluff. Outside of patterns, the rewards since TBC have mostly been mounts and tabards.

only if you ignore the last part of that sentence

then why all the constant complaints about wanting fluff. And if you hadn’t noticed there are no renown recipes now in the new area - they are all those barter brick currency which lent itself to exploits. Huge improvement.