Account wide rep makes us play more not less

If it’s not account wide I’m not going to bother doing it. Why bother if I decide to change my main in 2 days, 2 weeks, or two months. But if it’s account wide I’m gonna do it all. Not sure why blizzard doesn’t see this. They clearly put a lot of time into rep grinds and don’t give players the incentive to want to do it

51 Likes

The bonus rep you get an alts up to renown 10 then to renown 20 is pretty good. Its the best its ever been actually.

3 Likes

I’m more perplexed as of why Personal Work Orders can’t be done cross realm.

Public Work Orders cross realm, I can see it not feasible… But any particular reason why I can’t have my Warlock make tailoring gear for my other Warlock in Stormrage?

Sometimes, I baffle myself why I have multiple characters across realms.

4 Likes

Accountwide Rep is coming, Ion confirmed this in an interview a month or so back. They just said it’s not a priority.

I fully expect Accountwide rep before Dragonflight ends or as a selling point for the next expansion.

1 Like

File under: be careful what you wish for.

Because “we the players”, probably just see this as something to help “play an alt.” Seems fair.

I’m deathly afraid that how BLIZZARD sees this, is a way to push FOTM classes and embracing unbalanced, terribly balanced design. (sorry that’s redundant. I’m tired and can’t think of a better way to phrase that lol)

Warrior is totally broken? Just play (insert FOTM class)!!! And NOW WITH ACCOUNT WIDE REP you won’t lose any progress, etc!!!

I want to embrace this change, but … I can’t help but be wary of this NEW Blizzard and what their REAL motivations are.

2 Likes

I did all the rep work on my druid…so I dont actually play alts since I dont feel liek wasting time on alts since ill jstu go back to druid when a new rep is out…so account wide rep will actually increase my playtime.

7 Likes

I’m not worrying about what ifs.

If Blizzard screws up then they’ll hear about it. After the failure of bfa and sl, they are more inclined not to anger their fanbase a great deal anymore.

I just want accountwide rep. Especially for my alts that I want to finish Legion on as I refuse to grind Nightborne rep ever again.

4 Likes

Somehow I do believe this, and the warlock class changes (opening up all classes to all races) will supplement this style of musical-chairs balance they seem to be going for.

Just open up more FoTM combos so people don’t have any choice in the matter and will re-roll to the strongest class or counter-class.

It’s awful, lol.

I really want account-bound rep too, but this is the inevitable Blizzard’s monkey paw curse.

Bandaid fix. Like dipping a toe in the water when you need a bath

7 Likes

this game needs to be way more alt friendly idc abt the rep bonus thing for alts its still annoying. lets all rep be shared to all no matter what

1 Like

Account wide would be awesome. But in the mean time, For season 2, I am keeping up my rep and campaign on TWO of my toons because I cant decide on a main. Its exhausting and I dont have the energy to do it a third time on my hunter.

3 Likes

This is already happening. No one who pvps cares about rep. With gearing now it’s so easy to change classes. All this help is people who like rep.

1 Like

Account wide progression is important.

12hours of reputation grind should be the same done on 1 char or 12 char.

im curious how would they combine all your already collected reps into one. For alt people i have exalted spread out all over the place on many different toons

Will it be retroactive?

You can literally do the weekly on your main and forward the rep tokens to your alt. People complaining about rep grind in dragonflight are the same people that would complain about winning the lottery and having to go get the check somewhere and smile for the photo op.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty terrible analogy.

6 Likes

This!!! Same.

1 Like

the rep grind on the alts isnt that bad especially with 100% boosted xp gains if you have that unlocked with your main.

I haven’t cared about rep this entire expansion and it’s never mattered.