Account Restrictions on AH, trading, and mail in SoD

I understand that the decision is not their fault, but what do you recommend we do now? For example, some players were thinking of going to raid yesterday but we couldn’t because we didn’t have consumables, and others invited their friends to play wow sod and now they can’t play comfortably and are forced to lose 30 days

Follow the directions given. There really is no alternative, if there was it would have been given. I get being upset, I do. But complaining about it is not going to change the situation, Blizz is not any happier about the situation than you are.

1 Like

Hey! Thanks for the information and confirmation! Regarding my account, I purchased my subscription on February 27th and began playing SOD the same day. I renewed my subscription on March 27th, so my game time should be more than 30-days.

I’ve been trade-locked since Friday on my SOD account and have cleared my cache and also have been logged out for 12 hours+ multiple times since then, but am still locked.

Is there anything I can do?

Post 8n the classic forums if you want the developers to hear you.

2 Likes

This seems kind of odd coming from a new player affected by these changes. I’m now stuck earning a fraction of the gold from questing I usually can, and I have no options for getting gear to fill in the gaps while I’m leveling now unless I min max what quests I do. I have 40 hours in the game already and I’ve been loving it, but it feels kinda crummy to feel like I’m being punished for no reason on my second week of playing

You can thank the people who have nefarious intentions.

They’re the reason why we can’t have nice things.

5 Likes

It’s hard not to be salty when players later in the game than me are complaining about the surplus gold from this nightmare incursion thing, and now as a new player my progress will be slowed seemingly as a result of the incursion madness. I’ve never even played one and now I can only sell things for vendor prices well people who can play the incursions can still make bank

This is ridiculous, so myself as a new player to wow that was able to use the AH before phase 3 freely just as everyone else. Now I get restricted from using that and need to play a more difficult game without AH because I’m a new player. You make the game harder for those coming into play the game for the first time, for what? Players play self found mode in hardcore for a more hardcore experience OPTIONALLY. And now a new player in SOD has to do the same? Make it make sense.

2 Likes

Logged out for 13 hours, not a new account has been active since 2018. Bought game time over a month ago to resub, resubbed via token, and also bought 2 months of gametime via store to see if that was issue. None of this has worked. Day 4 not being able to do anything, took time off work IRL for this patch, and I’m a GM with no means of trading our guild consumes for progressing. Seriously getting fed up with SoD

1 Like

Buying a six-month non-refundable sub doesn’t satisfy this? Unreal.

“These errors appear if you try to trade or mail gold, or use the auction house on a character that was created as self-found, or is on a Seasonal realm on an account that has not spent real money to purchase and consume at least 30 days of game time since 2017.”

Guy’s look, I get y’all are not exactly happy campers; I seriously do. But ranting at poor Yryadome is going to do you no good at all; they can’t do anything about the issue, and they can’t pass the word along to the developers.

So you would be best off posting that you’re still having issues in the bug report forum where the developers can see it, as no one here can do anything about it.

5 Likes

I’m confused. I started playing on Feb. 28th. I’ve been billed for my $15 bucks - twice. Do I need 30 days PLAYED time (720 hours!?) before I can use the AH/Mail? Or does game time mean something different?

30 days from when game time was first added. Not played time.

4 Likes

So since I was first billed on Feb. 28th, I should be good, right? I’ll try the 12 hour log out after raid tonight. I really, really, hope this works.

If not, post in the thread on the bug report forum.

3 Likes

I’ve posted, made tickets, etc. etc. I just get bot responses talking about issues not even related to what I’ve asked about.

It’s annoying. Thanks for your help.

Stop making tickets, please. GMs are the only ones who answer tickets. You’re getting templated (NOT bot) responses because what you want addressed is outside of their purview. They can’t do anything to help you in this instance.

Bug Reports are one-way reporting. Devs handle Bugs. There isn’t a way to directly speak to Devs where they will enter an actual discussion.

4 Likes

Well at least we finally got a correct and official response from a staff member. Only took 3-4 days to tell us what happened and why. I’m pretty disappointed but I guess I won’t care after 30 days, if I decide to slog through content without access to AH.

It’s not correct though. Several people have logged for 12+ hours with no help.

My account is well over 30 days old and I still have this issue. I’ve tried the 12-hour logout multiple times.