Account locked - Need help

Just tested the SMS code system by attempting to remove my authenticator – got the text without a problem.

@Custard, is it possible your phone has the number blocked? For me, it comes from 732873, but I don’t know if that varies from person to person or cell carrier to cell carrier.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t know what is wrong. I am still able to get text messages from Blizzard in some capacity. There is a button called “I don’t know my e-mail address”. When I click it, it texts me my e-mail address just fine. For some reason I just can’t get a text to go through with the verification code.

And when I try to send the verification code to my e-mail address it tells me that I’ve done it too many times and to try again. Even though I’ve been trying for going on 16 hours now.

How often have you been trying? Usually it wants about an hour of stop-bothering-me time before it’ll give up on the ‘Too Many Attempts’ messaging. Over 16 hours, it seems unlikely you’d have failed to give it that much time between attempts, but I figured I’d ask in order to make sure.

Only other thing I can think of would be some kind of issue with the device itself. Have you tried restarting your phone and reattempting to receive a code?

I went to sleep for 6 hours and also left my house for a good 4 or 5 hours earlier today. So there has been a good chunk of time where I didn’t mess with it.

What about restarting the device? If you haven’t done that recently, give it a shot and retry?

I restarted my phone but now I can’t even input my # into the webpage. I get the “too many attempts” message just by clicking on an option now.

That’s… weird. Maybe it’s a caching issue? Try a different browser, or an incognito window, maybe?

Way ahead of you. By the way, thank you for your help. This is hella frustrating and I appreciate you trying to help me.

Hey, no problem. I’m stuck at work anyway, and it’s really not much more than friendly advice.

Worst-case scenario, a GM should be able to at least get you access to your account by removing SMS Protect and bypassing whatever security lock this may be, but hopefully we can make some headway here.

Did the different browser/incognito thing help at all?

Well I can input my e-mail or phone # now but I get forwarded to the “too many attempts” screen now after doing so.

Hm. Well, the only other thing I can think of that would cause this, assuming everything is working normally on both your end of things and Blizzard’s back end… would be if someone other than you is trying to access your account more frequently than you are yourself.

I would think Vrak would tell you if that were the case, though. I assume you’re able to talk on the forums due to already being logged in on another device?

1 Like

On account lock issues, does it normally take more than 24 hours for them to fix? Just wondering!

I’d say approximately 48-72 hours with the whole work-from-home situation right now.

Ugh, it told me 24 hours and I was hoping to play this evening haha. Oh well!

What were you locked out for? It could just be a simple matter of changing your account password if it was a location lock.

Response times are around 48 hours at the moment, but keep in mind, that is for all issues. Higher priority issues tend to be handled more quickly, as we try to get to situations in which a person is unable to play as soon as we can.

It does generally require putting a ticket in under the correct category though, so it can be prioritized accurately. From what I can see, Doctordeath, you used the account penalty category. I would go with “Unlock Account” which is found under Account > I can’t log in.

Click the link I provided and you should be able to get that started. You’ll need to attach ID verification, but it is usually pretty quick and easy overall.

2 Likes

Sent it! I hope it doesn’t take long. My other tickets been up for 24+. Thank you again for a quick response.

1 Like

So, I try to open WOW this morning. The screen goes to a screen that says Return to WOW, Defeat the Soulflayer. But, I am paid in FULL already. So, I log into the website which says I AM PAID IN FULL. So, I go ahead and subscribe another freaking $15 and it still does the same god damn thing. What the holy freak is going on with Blizzard!??!?!?!?!

I removed that 5 year old Starter Account and Still having same problem. I have paid TWICE now for this subscription. Anybody can give me any real advice since we cannot chat or call any real help!

You already got your answer in your own thread, but I’ll repeat it here:

That is an advertisement. Click “X” in the top right corner to get it out of the way. It has nothing to do with the status of your account or game licenses.

Your comment also has nothing to do with the original issue in this thread.

6 Likes