Account Hacked

My account was hacked more than 24 hours, the hacker changed my password and then changed my email address. As a result I submitted this ticket ID but have no way of following up on it because I submitted it without being logged in - Ticket ID: US101566603. I saw that the average response time was 24 hours but still haven’t heard back anything.
A couple hours after getting hacked and being worried I would not be able to follow up on the ticket submitted , I logged in on this trial account I’m on right now to submit a second ticket US101570558 about the same concern.
I’ve had my account since 2010 and this is the first time I get hacked. I used to have an authenticator and I believe when I switched my phone never reinstalled it or something. Can I please get some help as both tickets are past the 24 hours mark and I’m worried every hour that goes the third party who has my account can further damage it? Did anyone else get a similar experience? Please help me.

Edit : this is the HACKED account between alcatraz215#1242. For some odd reason Im able to post from it as it looks like its the account logged by default on forums. I am however unable to access “settings” or anything else.

Having multiple tickets about the same inquiry will not speed up handling your issue. I recommend closing the newest ticket.

You’ll have to wait till a GM comes around.

6 Likes

The forums sadly are not a way to get tickets viewed faster. You should though receive a response as soon as possible. How ever, if got one ticket already open, don’t open up another ticket. It won’t make the process any faster.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply , my issue is that the hacker had changed the email address associated to my account so Im worried the first ticket opened is responded to through the hacker email or something. So I made the second ticket so I have line of sight on their follow up answer.
I really just want them to get a hold of me so i can prove ownership of the account and get it back.
This has ruined thanksgiving for me and it really sucks

It sounds like your account may have been compromised, which often happens due to phishing scams or malware. Here are some steps to help secure your email and computer, as well as get your account sorted:

1. Secure your email:

• Change your email password immediately. Make sure it’s a strong, unique password that you haven’t used elsewhere.
  • Set up two-factor authentication (2FA) if possible. Many email services, like Gmail, allow you to add an authenticator for extra security.

2. Secure your computer:

• Scan your computer for malware. You can use trusted tools like Malwarebytes to check for any malicious software that could be causing the issue.
  • Make sure your operating system, browser, and any other software are up to date.

3. Create a new email and submit your tickets:

• It might be a good idea to create a new, secure email address. Use this email to create a new Battle.net account just for submitting tickets. Include references to your current tickets when reaching out to Blizzard, so they can track your issue across both accounts.

Following these steps should help you secure your information and restore your account. Make sure to stay vigilant for phishing emails and be cautious of any unexpected or suspicious messages in the future.

10 Likes

Hello Perl Thank you for replying , I did all that including creating a new account to submit the second ticket ID US101570558. Hoping I get an answer soon and praying this conversation helps add some traction. THis is giving me anxiety and grief so the sooner its resolved the best.
Thanks again for the reply.

Unfortunately, there’s no way to speed up tickets. Otherwise, everyone would just post here to “speed up the process” and we’d be in the same boat with the same number of tickets anyway :wink:

Glad that you’ve taken the right steps to secure your computer and email though as those are the first thing that get compromised. The hackers don’t ‘guess’ your account info.

Here’s hoping your ticket(s) get addressed soon.

10 Likes

Just a terrible situation to be in , its just that the estimated wait time was 24 hours and we are beyond that.

That’s just the oldest tucket in the system, not a countdown. We dont generally know how long tickets take for a given category at any given time outside of the blue posters sraring such.

Yeah… and sometimes the hacker will just then just close the ticket.

Sorry this happened to you. Almost always, Blizzard get get you your account back along with your gold and all your stuff. If you are in a guild, you may want to let the guild master know, so he can try to protect the guild bank.

It may take a couple days to get sorted, but try to stay calm. This happens often and Blizzard is pretty good at getting folks restored. In the meantime, go through the security procedures Perl suggested and get the authenticator back in place. You’ll get four extra backpack slots, too, so there’s an added bonus.

#dfmb

Looks like your compromise ticket is currently processing, so you should hear something fairly soon.

In the meantime I’d get a security sweep done on your system, as well as that email. Prepping an authenticator to apply would also be a good idea.

Lastly, setting up a brand new, unused email - for use only with Blizzard, also wouldn’t hurt.

14 Likes

Hello Orlyia
Very reassuring to know that its being looked at - I have scanned my pc and recovered the compromise email and changed the password and added a 2 step verification to it. I also created a brand new email that I will be using only for blizzard moving forward. For the authenticator I noticed that I had the app on my phone I opened it and it says its discontinued since January 5th 2024 and to download the battle net app. I downloaded that app and Im guess its when I can log in through that with my mobile that I will be able to add the new authenticator?
Thank you again

we have the same problem uhh it’s really annoying

I know it sucks , still waiting , I saw your threads as well hope your issue gets resolved soon !

Im a bit concerned my ticket disappeared an hour ago still no email or no contact from blizzard…

It is there. May have disappeared while it’s in the processing stage.

7 Likes

Ok ill wait , thank you for being patient with me

3 Likes

It is one of the reasons this forum exists. We know it can be a very stressful time when an account is hacked, heck some of the regulars came to this forum for help with their own hacked accounts and just stayed to help others. I do sincerely hope that you get the account back soon and you can get back to enjoying the game.

4 Likes

Have you received a reply to your ticket or has your account returned?

Thing about comprimises its no easy fix once the hackers get in they will loot and pillage everything if its not stoped by blizzard soon enough restoration can take days or longer.

1 Like