Account Hacked

Did finally get a GM response in ticket but they move at the speed of one response every 24+ hours so it might take a minute.

Unfortunately, due to heightened ticket queues, live chat has been disabled for a bit now. I haven’t seen it suggested in some time now, but I still would say that it couldn’t hurt to leave a phone number where you can be reached and offer your availability for a call back if they’re able to do that still? The worst thing they can do is say that they’re not allowed to and you’re no worse off than you were.

I will also add that when you’re replying to an active and ongoing ticket, you’re in a higher priority queue than you would be initially. Responses do tend to happen a little quicker, but also that this is taking place right with a massive patch/content drop for Classic’s SOD, a lot of account sanctions that we’re seeing in the lead up in addition to all of the normal stuff that is being sent in for GMs to address. That isn’t your fault, but it just is what it is for the timing falling as it is.

7 Likes

Yea its frustrating but it is finally moving I think. I appreciate everyone’s comments and tips here.

3 Likes

The layoffs recently have nothing to do with live chat being down theyve been down long because of high ticket quea get your facts straighr bedore spreading mosinformation.

5 Likes

Oh boy, where to begin.

Live chat was available last summer/fall. Then a bunch of banwaves, content drops and the like sent ticket times skyrocketing. So the recent changes wouldn’t be the reason.

In 2019 - CS staff wasn’t affected in the layoff. Of the 800 people in the 2019 layoff, only 209 were Blizzard employees, and all of the layoffs came from development and administrative departments. Customer Service was not involved at all.

If you’re so embittered with a company that you’ve got nothing better to do than post in the most heavily regulated forum there is to consistently be proven so very wrong about all the rhetoric you’re trying to spread - why are you still here and giving them money? If I were so miserable, I would be playing something I enjoyed. Life is too short.

9 Likes

The only thing I got wrong was the developmental department. CS was not touched with the 2019 layoffs. Period.

Source

7 Likes

At this point this is trolling, Stabyaninja - I recommend you stop.

17 Likes

Thanks for keeping it on track. Can you poke V~ when able he started to assist yesterday but hasnt gotten back in 24 hours.

Please dont troll this is the wrong forum to troll.

2 Likes

A russian GM responded to the ticket after Vannthur had earlier said hed be able to help after changing the email to a secure one saying simply “Unfortunately, we couldn’t verify account ownership and your request denied.” but they never asked for additional information? I have several purchase records related to the account and the ID with my original information. I have reopened a new ticket US97211315 with even more information. I do not know why he didnt talk to me or request further info when another GM said he was going to help.

In extreme cases where both parties are fighting for access to the account and both are providing proof (possibly the same proof) that they’re the rightful owner, there are times where Blizz will has little choice but to close the account so neither party can access it.

It’s rare, but it happens. I wonder if that’s what is happening in your case. The only thing you can do is re-open your ticket and see what additional information they would like you to provide.

My bet though is that someone else still has either access to your e-mail, account or even your computer. I sincerely hope that you’ve done everything you can to first secure your computer.

5 Likes

Well the ticket is via a different account with a different email from a different device. It has an authenticator and the email its on is not used for anything else. I am more upset that they didnt ask for any other clarification and they are a European GM who overrode the first GM.

They may have, but it may have been to the other ‘person’ trying to get control of the account. The one that has enough information that matches yours, that they were able to get an authenticator removed in the first place.

This part is inconsequential. GMs from the NA region also step in to answer tickets for the EU realm.

3 Likes

Hrm maybe but they didnt ask for proof of purchases, pictures of physical game codes I have linked or anything. Just meh closed

Again, you’re likely only seeing half of the picture. Someone else is ALSO trying to prove it’s their account and have that same info. Which one of you is telling the truth and which is lying?

Unfortunately, Blizzard can only entertain the notion for so long before choosing to close the account due to compromise.

Not saying that’s what they’ve done here, only that we’ve seen it happen. But there are still no GMs here on the forums, so your only recourse is to continue working with them via tickets.

2 Likes

Possibly, just wish someone would talk to me on my half instead of the silence I get.

There is very little they can discuss openly on the forums due to the fact this is not a private means of communication.

If you are using a clean device, a new email, secondary auth on all of it, then you are doing what you can right now. There is no other way besides tickets.

5 Likes

Oh I mean in the ticket not here sorry for confusion. I know they cant do anything on the public forums.

1 Like

Good news is it is done and recovered! Bad news the jerk completely wiped my bnet friends list many of whom I cannot recover as I do not have their info and they dont play anymore just use it for chatting. Thanks all for the help and advice in getting this solved.

4 Likes

That is great news, Aylencia. I’m glad you were able to recover the account. Sorry to hear about the friend’s list. :frowning:

Hopefully folks you were friends with can get in touch to link up again. Good luck!

9 Likes