Account closure for no reason

My account got banned this morning due to “abuse of economy”. I have no idea how could I possibly abuse the economy with less than 200 gold from all my characters combined. Tried to submit a ticket and GM couldn’t even tell me why I got banned. I had my account since 2010, it’s more than just a game now. Also funny part is I never had any issue with my account before, but right after I pre-purchased CTM and war within I got banned for no reason. Ain’t this sound like scam lol. Now I have to use my wife’s account to post this, please if anyone or any GM there that can help me out with this situation I’d greatly appreciate it.

They wont tell u why u got banned all u can do is keep apealing till they tell you to stop.

FYI u need to create a new account and put in a apeal your self blizzard wont deal with ur wife also u should never be on ur wifes account for any reason I get ur intentions but still.

6 Likes

It’s ok if you’re not trying to help, I’m pretty sure GM can see everything under my account every transaction and gameplay. Never bought any gold and we both play wow for over 10 years.

We dont troll here go to general if u want to troll.

3 Likes

There are no GMs on the forums. The only way to contact a GM is by submitting an appeals ticket, and waiting for it to reach the front of the queue.

6 Likes

They usually won’t go into great detail about account actions as they don’t want people knowing how they detect problems.

They cannot help you on the forums as they do not exist here. You have to wait on an appeals ticket.

This… is not helpful. You need to take Darth’s advice and go to General Discussion before you step in the Tauren sauce.

8 Likes

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

In all seriousness ive got better things to do then bot ive only been actioned once and thats on the forums for a misunderstanding between me and the mods ive since been more careful.

3 Likes

At this point the only course of action is to appeal, and only the account owner can do this. Your email will provide vague information as to why you were actioned (in this case, ‘abusing the economy’) and that’s all you will get unfortunately. To prevent abuse of the ToS the GMs tend to be pretty tight lipped.

There are no GMs here unfortunately, only customer service reps who may or may not give additional details and players who try to assist. An appeal is your only option and as mentioned you can appeal as many times as you’d like until they tell you they’re not looking at any more.

@Tyrmaull, this isn’t a tribunal. There are no proof to your claims and as players we have no way of knowing. All we can do is post information to try to help as much as possible and let the established systems play out.

4 Likes

Is the account actually banned or just suspended? There’s a difference. Were you possibly advertising runs or something similar in the incorrect chat channel?

A blue may possibly offer some insight but in the end the other advice here is correct, just put in an appeal and a GM will take a look.

3 Likes

This results in a Chat infraction, not an account action for Abuse of the Economy. Two different categories handled by different teams.

The Hacks team handles the anti cheat detection. GMs handle chat reports with their chat logs.

For the OP. Good morning!

Using your wife’s account is against the rules as well. Please do not do that. Blizzard does not allow account sharing. The only option for an account ban is to appeal it until they tell you to STOP or you are crossing into GM harassment territory.

An abuse of the economy account action is for getting gold from a gold selling account, engaging in money laundering schemes, GDKP runs in SOD, or participating in in-game services for real life money. Either buying them, or selling them. If you buy carries or anything else with real money, that falls into the abuse of the economy category. It is not JUST about gold.

The most that someone can do here on the forums for you is to verify you have a ticket in from your own account under the right category. Past that, they will not go into details about how they detect cheating exactly.

False positives can happen, so if that is the case for you, I do hope you get your issue resolved.

7 Likes

Tyr you really should stop please.

You have no idea who flagged you, further it takes multiple flags to get a most turned grey awaiting moderator review. Antagonizing people, making accusations, picking fights - all fall under the Trolling category and are not what this forum is for.

This forum serves as an Information Desk to help people navigate the Support System, explain policies, explain services, etc. It is very highly moderated by Blizzard during their shifts.

If you don’t have something helpful to add for information, you are best to refrain from posting here.

7 Likes

Well, you certainly can do anything you want. Just be aware there are consequences for it.

:dracthyr_shrug:

9 Likes

The panda cometh soon!

Edit: Or the centaur. But the panda sounded more intimidating

6 Likes

Well now I’m curious what would win in a fight: Centaurs or Pandas.

(The correct answer is of course Crab.)

1 Like

This tends to be any and all things involved with RMT and there isn’t much more that can be clarified usually.

The biggest culprit of this here lately - is people being on the receiving end of illegal gold - whether they realize it or not. Have you perhaps traded gold by arranging a transaction between realms/game iterations? While those transactions aren’t prohibited, they are absolutely 100% unsupported. Your gold may have been legitly earned, but for the gold you may have received from the other party - you have no way of knowing where THEIR gold came from.

Of course, that’s just pure conjecture on my part as I obviously cannot see Blizzard’s side of things. It’s just offering up what has been the more prolific reasoning for that type of sanction that’s been coming through CS these past few months.

8 Likes

I think this one may be fairly easy to clear up.

It has been sent for review.

Folks, please don’t dogpile on players that come here for assistance. Do we find folks that leave out part of a story - yes. We also find false positives. That’s what review is for.

Thanks.

27 Likes

Can you show where this is relevant with the new ToS? I can’t find it anymore and read the entire thing. I believe it’s no longer true.

The TOS has not changed in any real way since Vanilla with regard to account sharing. It has never been allowed, with the exception of one minor child allowed to log in to your Battlenet account.

We also don’t have a TOS anymore that applies to WoW like that. The rules are in the EULA.

EULA Section 1.A.iii.2

and you cannot share the Account or the Login Information with anyone, unless the terms of this Agreement allow it.

To further explain they have a Support article on it that makes it easier to understand.

Only you are allowed to access an account registered in your name. We don’t recognize the transfer of accounts between individuals. Activities performed on your account are your liability.

You may not share your account or password with anyone, except if you are a parent or guardian, in which case you may permit one minor child to use your account. You may not use your account at the same time, and you are liable for activities conducted by the minor child.

You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and the use of your user name and password. You are responsible for all uses of your information, even if you don’t authorize them. Security of your account is your responsibility.

EDIT - full EULA

13 Likes

select a unique username and password (collectively referred to hereunder as “Login Information”). You may not use your real name as the password for the Account, and you cannot share the Account or the Login Information with anyone, unless the terms of this Agreement allow it.

7 Likes