Account Banned on WOTLK - No email

I was suspended for chat violations last week and I will say that I did get an email shortly after it happened, but no immediately. Also if you try to log in, it should give you a time frame as to when you’re unbanned. Also if you use the battle.net launcher, under the “Play” button, it should say “account suspended” and when you hover over it, it will say until when (at least in my case). Sadly, I don’t believe if you put a ticket in you’ll be able to make raid later this week. I have an appeal ticket open and it’s up to 5 days now.

1 Like

It’s insane how as a company they can get away with making paying customers wait so long for an answer. In my case I believe it’s a perma just because there is no time frame. I don’t really chat in game so I can’t imagine it’s that. If I had a customer wait at my job 5+ days to answer them I would likely go on a final then fired.

Unless overturned, this is a permanent ban on that license, Tinake.

I do see your appeal.

I’d wait on the outcome of that.

10 Likes

Do you at least see what it was banned (i.e. accusation of gold buying, toxicity, etc.)? I am just looking for some kind of answer is all.

She won’t be able to elaborate.

Gold related, but not necessarily the way you may be thinking.

As far as transferring gold, that’s risky on several levels - you don’t really know where that gold came from. Also REALLY easy to get ripped off.

GDKP runs while not prohibited - you need to be EXTRAORDINARILY careful to know exactly who you are associating with.

12 Likes

Yeah, I think your best bet is to put in an appeal and then just wait a while, maybe play on an alt account if you have one and check in on the appeal in a few days.

You’re amazing, Orlyia <3. I’m pretty confident this will be ultimately overturned. You can’t just ban people for doing gold exchanges with people when we as the player aren’t the IRS and have any way to ensure it’s clean gold. I’m pretty confident this won’t be upheld because it has to be the Classic Era to WOTLK since 100’s of people would be banned in GDKP’s if it was in relation to that. At least this provides me some clarity and I have screenshots of the discord chats on the days of swaps.

1 Like

They actually can. It’s why situations and transactions like this are completely unsupported.

Uh, I hate to break it to you, but this happens a LOT. Those who are making transfers like this are actually supporting illicit gold, stolen accounts and hacking. It’s something that I would recommend staying very clear of personally.

12 Likes

Imagine going to sell a GoPro camera at a pawn store and getting arrested by the FBI for accepting unclean money when you clearly have no way of confirming it’s clean and you didn’t knowingly accept dirty money.

1 Like

False equivalency, this isn’t a pawn shop, and you aren’t selling a GoPro. This is the exact reason real world comparisons don’t work.

8 Likes

It’s apples for apples. The item swaps are different, but the concept is the same. This doesn’t ‘promote’ gold buying since if they wanted Classic Era gold they can just buy it there and bypass the trading entirely.

1 Like

Right. Like how are you supposed to know where someone else’s gold come from when doing any sort of trade? That doesn’t make sense lol. Should you just refrain from doing any in game trading at all because of the “potentially illicitly obtained gold” they may be trading you?

We’ll, you’ll need to wait on your ticket to see if they feel you were an innocent victim this time around. Again, I wouldn’t be dealing with people who you have no clue where they got their gold from. It’s extremely risky and may very well end up in your own account being closed.

7 Likes

It really isn’t. It would be closer to saying you are paying someone for a tour of a celebrities’ house, but the tour guide has his shop set up in a back alley. But that, too, is not an apt comparison. As has been stated many times before in here, trying to equate in game for the real world is comparing apples to trout.

4 Likes

I’m hopeful the GM’s do not have a similar thought process. It makes me want to do 0 interactions with the general population to avoid trading with someone who acquired an items with illicit gold to which I purchase the item from them and get banned.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with a “thought process” and more than o do with their game logs.

5 Likes

So are you saying if their logs say that ‘X’ buys illicit gold and ‘X’ then trades it to innocent party ‘Y’ then both Y and X get banned automatically due to ‘game logs’?

2 Likes

Illicit movers and shakers do everything they can do muddy the logs.

I’d wait on the appeal. Nothing but conjecture here.

4 Likes

Doesn’t look like I said that, nope.

4 Likes