Account banned for abuse of economy

I don’t understand what is going on here. I got banned, I don’t engage in any mass auction house spending, I just list whatever junk I pick up from WQs and treasures. It’s claiming I used irl currency transactions and manipulated the economy. I have been playing since 2006 and never have I ever paid for anything in WoW with IRL money other than to Blizzard themselves.

5 Likes

Same thing just happened to me i have no idea what is going on here? the only thing i can figure for me is being retired yes i play way to much but i enjoy it!

2 Likes

I’m freaking out right now. I can’t possibly understand what I did to get hit with a irl trading ban. Was it some mass report on me or something? I feel like there isn’t anything I do that could even be slightly be misconstrued as abusing the economy. Someone traded me 5k gold the other day, but that’s insignificant in the current economy of wow.

I don’t do boosts, either as a carry or carrier.

2 Likes

The only thing you can do, OP, is put in an appeal; that is the only way to have a GM look at it and possibly overturn it.

6 Likes

Me too i have never even got a warning in the past and i have played since day one.

2 Likes

That is what i did but i would really like to know what i could have done for them to say abuse of the economy?

1 Like

Blizzard will never tell you exactly what it was that got you popped. They are intentionally vague to keep the nefarious ones at bay.

However, one of the SFA’s may possibly chime in and get you a general idea of what it possibly was.

5 Likes

There’s really no such thing as a “mass report”. It doesn’t matter if there’s one report or several, all reports are looked into. There is no “autoban” or anything of that nature, other than the automatic squelch that happens if you are reported for spam a number of times within a short period of time.

All you can really do is appeal until they say no more appeals will be accepted.

6 Likes

You’re not alone. I just got my account permabanned for the same thing after playing for 10 years. I never engaged in RMT or economy abuse. It’s pretty devastating after 10 years with no prior infractions.

1 Like

Any funny business involving tinderboxes?

Same thing just happened to me! This is insane! I am shocked… how many of us got this insane ban?

1 Like

Thousands usualy not all are false flags.

2 Likes

Nope in the last month i think i have sold maybe 6 battle pets on the AH and that is it.

All I do is world content and delves. I keep to myself and putter around doing solo content. I am literally stunned.

1 Like

If you can catch a perma ban from wow for getting tinderboxes from doing normal world of warcraft content then that would be outrageous. I’ve been running my alts through 5x bountiful delves for the 2 weeklies this week. I have specifically targeted bountiful delves and doing each character 5 delves per day meaning one in each subzone + nemesis. If I did the hallowfall delves (the only ones that drop tinderboxes) too many times, it’s because they literally placed a bountiful delve in that particular zone. It’s not like I have been running them back to back to back. I did nightfall tuesday x1, then Sinkhole x1 Wednesday, Mycomancer x2 thursday and today I did Skittering breach once. I can’t imagine that’s enough to be economy abuse. 2 of those I don’t even believe have a chance to drop tinderboxes either.

All everyone can do is apeal speculation wont do any good or have any relevance to the apeals the gms dont come here at all.

Now for the realy bad news apeals are sitting at a week.

2 Likes

that’s not funny business
going in and out of the same delve constantly for an extended period of time is

I doubt it was tinderboxes unless there was a exploit that people took advantage of intentionaly or unintentionaly.

2 Likes

I just said I didn’t do that. I was doing world tours of bountiful delves at +7s and +8s depending on how geared the alt is. My only goal was to get the 597 loot box and the weekly spark fragment quests done. It’s not like I was doing +1s back to back to spam them for loot.

1 Like

i know
my original question was “Any funny business involving tinderboxes?”
it’s a yes or no question
not a wall of text question