Account Actions

Hey everyone! I was browsing the Customer Support forums and ran across this:

TL;DR it looks like silences for chat violations aren’t considered effective by Blizz anymore so now the punishment is a suspension from the game. This is coming from one of the Blues.

Please make sure to let your friends and others in the RP community know about this change. The RP community is already struggling, the last thing we need is people getting suspended.

Just a friendly reminder about Blizzard’s rules: SWEARING IS CONSIDERED A TOS VIOLATION! It can result in account actions if reported! While channels like party, raid, and guild are considered at-will and typically left to self moderation, abusive language (including swears!) in public channels such as Trade and /say can be reported and actioned by Blizz.

Wanted to give everyone a heads-up, this is a pretty big change everyone in the community should be aware of. Thanks everyone and see you all in Azeroth!

16 Likes

Its been so hard for me on this character cus he says bad words. Nothing crazy of course but I have caught myself in RP and had to delete what I typed out. GM of my guild already got in trouble for IC bad words.

I really wish Blizzard would understand context is more important than the words used in them. You got trolls running amuck right now because all they have done is make actual harassment easier.

You can say some pretty hurtful things and never use a swear.

3 Likes

Honestly, this is fine to me.

I’ve had people say really terrible, offensive, and bigoted things in trade chat and gotten a shrug from mods. So if they’re gonna move forward with being more stringent, I welcome it.

9 Likes

This is muy bueno! That means very good!
Dora is rated E for everyone!

Gracias!

1 Like

I also prefer a cleaner chat, but I am willing to agree that since they haven’t enforced it for a long time, a grace period while the culture adjusts back is useful.

This announcement is a good community service.

2 Likes

Prendí fuego a un gato y lo tiré a la biblioteca, ¿dónde está el sándwich de queso?

1 Like

¡Preguntemos el mapa!

2 Likes

Jinkies!

Wait, is that a bad word?

2 Likes

Also saw someone got a suspension for having some questionable content in their RP profile. Looks like they are also starting to enforce code of conduct on RP profiles too.

5 Likes

The makers of TRP have an agreement with blizzard, that is why they have a “report profile” button in the addon itself. So all the bigoted/fascist RP profiles better watch out.

4 Likes

Is there a set document that outlines what is/is not appropriate in the context of RP?

For example, an orc saying “Victory or Death” in RP-PVP wouldn’t be considered an IRL threat, I would hope

you are looking for blizzard’s code of conduct

but also the average person shouldnt worry about breaking the code of conduct unless a clique really hates them for whatever reason

2 Likes

Does that mean i can report Blizzard for that quest in Silverpine?

If you mean the one where Garrosh calls Sylvanas a bad word, then not anymore because they changed it several years ago now.

2 Likes

I can dig around to link to the post tomorrow, but a few months ago I asked about reports in RP. One of the blues responded and said that basically context doesn’t matter. Even if it’s IC and between consenting parties, chat violations in public channels (/say) are reportable and subject to action by GMs. This includes swearing, mature themes, and violence (I’m assuming graphic/extreme, not a typical run-of-the-mill bar fight), among other themes. The recommendation was if it seems like something that could be reported, the best course of action is to keep it in party, raid, or guild chat.

I can link you the post tomorrow!

Unfortunately, when the report function first came out, people were saying Blizzard threw their hands up in the air and said it was on the addon makers to address. So nothing really came out of the reports being filed and the burden was put on the addon makers which couldn’t really do anything about it.

So for awhile the reporting really didn’t do much but fortunately it now looks like with the new code of conduct chagnes they finally are sticking to the promise to address inappropriate behavior in TRPs

Well frak.

They’ve been able to take actions against people for trp/mrp profiles since BFA’s prepatch due to people using them to doxx someone on MG. There also hasn’t been any change to the code of conduct itself, they’re just actually sticking to it now.

1 Like

Yep, there was a post from CS recently that made its way to Reddit. Person got suspended for their TRP content. Apparently it was so foul it couldn’t even be repeated on the forums.

I think this is the one you were referring to?

1 Like