Accidental Transfer to Mankrik WOTLK instead of Mankrik Classic Era (PLEASE HELP)

Here I am, after several days of back and forth with Blizzard support over an accidental transfer to Wrath of the Lich King Mankrik server. I’m a 78 year old grandma who has been playing world of warcraft from the start in 2004. I just want to play with my son and my grandson on classic era.

Support has told me for several days that a reversal of transfer is impossible.

Now they’re telling me to just post to the forums and blizzard devs may pity me and put in a fix to allow GMs to reverse the transfer.

Please help me if you can WoW devs… Spend just a few hours of your time to make up for hundreds of hours that I’ve lost on my main character that I wished to transfer to classic era instead of wrath of the lich king.

One simple button click with no confirmation at all should not erase hundreds of hours that I put into my main character when we all know that reversing a server transfer is something within the capability of wow developers.

First, the transfer system is set up to easily allow for mistaken transfers. I wanted to transfer to Classic Era Mankrik, which the original blue post showed was the primary option for Classic Era free server transfer.

In the server transfer screen, classic Era Mankrik was hidden behind an additional option and Mankrik Wrath of the Lich King was the most visable option.

In the original blue post, which I can’t even link to (unless I’m mistaken) because they for some reason completely replaced it with the new update, they had a table which showed the possible transfer servers. Mankrik was listed as the primary Classic Era server to transfer to and Ateish as the WotLK server.

So, after reading this, I was sure that I was going to transfer to Mankrik, so that’s what I selected.

Just a second after clicking “continue” I realized that it has blue text beside it which stated Wrath of the Lich King. I was immediately alarmed and confused because I did not see any other option for Mankrik.

So, I went back and tried to see what the deal was and realized that Classic Era was hidden under an additional option that states “And 3 more…” - as if no one would possibly want to transfer to classic era, so it’s ok to just hide them so we only show wotlk servers.

Please, please wow devs receive this message and help an old lady out and allow GMs the ability to actually resolve these issues for people.

6 Likes

Hope they get this fixed for ya.

2 Likes

The transfer system is not the issue its been the same since 2004. Attention to detail is the issue.

People make mistakes. It shouldn’t be possible to essentially delete a character through one click. Even for deletion there is a hard confirmation box and a self-restore feature.

I’m sure you’re just looking to belittle people for making mistakes, but your statements aren’t helpful and you’re absolutely wrong that there is no issue with the system.

I couldn’t even cancel the transfer after it was pending and there was no confirmation after clicking continue. It’s a poor system that should not be defended. We pay a lot of money yearly for a this service and we should expect good systems.

No system should be designed such that the user has no recourse from simple mistakes.

4 Likes

Good afternoon Alicefaye,

With your permission, may I link to your post on reddit? I hope to get visibility on this issue as well as inform the public that transfers to Era are hidden. Hopefully your issue will get resolved in a timely manner and less people will experience the same problem.

By the Light,
Rowaine

3 Likes

Absolutely, you may forward this issue! Thank you.

2 Likes

I hope Blizzard addresses this. It is a damn shame that we have an era player who can’t play because of an error.

3 Likes

Hey all,

I want to update after much effort, they were able to resolve this issue. Thanks all for the support.

:heart:

7 Likes

Alicefaye, I am so happy for you. Thank you for letting us know. God bless.

3 Likes

wooo go you! was gonna bump this for you but i see its resolved so just a wooohooo here haha enjoy!

1 Like

YES! Awesome outcome. Happy gaming!!!

1 Like

It’s kind of deceiving honestly. They put Wotlk servers at the top of the list and era you have to scroll down for. They’d rather have people play the version of the game where they can actually make money off of by selling boosts and DLC.

2 Likes

Doubt it. It’s just an easy answer to give to not look into it further.

They can copy your character and paste it to another realm easily. Nice, saw they were able to do it.

1 Like

What are the steps to getting this reversed? I was not even about to find a way to open a ticket for this exact issue.