Abuse of Toys and RP servers:

Yeah. I don’t think she had time to figure out what it was the first time, nor does she really know the toy.

But you remember the threads about that toy. God. The screenshots. Shame it’s been “rediscovered”.

1 Like

because it feels like there is?

i mean… i’ve never seen anyone play with their camera zoomed this far in.

is this “normal” for people to do?
what’s the point?
you can’t even see anything… other than brightness, which seems to be the basis of the thread.

zooming out is going to add more contrast, and break down the saturation

1 Like

Don’t be racist, that’s just how gnomes see the world!

Boot level~

1 Like

sure, if they’re standing on someones head.

we’re higher than a draenei knee here…

I guess the OP is scared that we might have never seen female draenei and night elves in their underwear.

Because it’s actually more painful for her than you or me. So she pointed her camera at the floor to know when to take the picture to minimize the impact to her.

1 Like

I thought it was a dead one laying on the ground… but the more I try to figure it out the more I just get distracted by the poorly textured boots.

seriously more traumatic than orange :stuck_out_tongue:

there are multiple ingame options which could help alleviate this if it’s causing distress to an individual.

Agreed. But how often do you actually see that? I remember when it came out and everyone was going “why so sensitive” and “that’s a you, problem”… and then they’d see a screenshot and it was all: “OMG That Insane!” Funny until it’s you, amirite?

That said, all the normally abled vision players weren’t about to turn down their game because of one toy. :man_shrugging: I think screwing over your settings because it’s painful when griefed is not a solution.

Are there solutions that don’t have to do with restricting the fidelity of your game? That would be helpful.

1 Like

Well that’s on you buddy. There isn’t one. :man_shrugging:

I get it. I can be cynical and suspicious of people at times, but i usually give them the benefit of the doubt until i don’t have a reason so. With OP, while i dislike the sort of quick to action things like the RCR griefing she suggested (for the reason i stated above), and i do think OP is being pretty dramatic, it is also understandable from a RPer point of view and when it comes to somebody’s condition or abnormality with their eyes that makes them sensitive to light as OP said. Something like that can’t just be taken lightly, and i don’t think it would effect the toy or anybody’s enjoyment at all if there is a slider or toggle to switch off the toys that emit light that aren’t in your party.

And i don’t think it’s too much to ask either to apply that to the neural silencer, or the ignore button to not see toys or people ignoring them without affecting their enjoyment. I mean the tech is there, as you see in Pet battles and such, so that’s not an impossibility.

The silliest part in all this is whenever somebody says to this thread or others like it with this “Don’t nerf my fun!..” rhetoric (And still yet to refuse to understand why Blizzard nerfs their fun, but i digress)… when i do suggest something that doesn’t nerf their fun (because my suggestions aren’t to punish anybody and the toys, and just give more tools to those that won’t be dangerous if abused), i get responses like “Why do you play an MMO?”…

I also think it’s very odd that you think it’s not normal for playing with a camera zoomed far in, considering zooming far in with the camera is one of the many suggestions suggested from people who … “like fun things” like putting portals or food on important stuff in BGs or use big mounts to run over mailboxes and overall make it harder for the other players to see, or in Classic Ratchet, the enemy player stands in the flight master NPC to make it hard to click the NPC and make it easy to misclick on the player.

I do agree that normally if you have sensitive eyes, you shouldn’t zoom in very closer, but OP probably just tried to point it away from the light source and didn’t do a great job of it.

Well the basis of this thread is more then just that light toy, it’s just one example.

…Interesting way to describe the translation/zooming with the camera. I think that’s a curiosity i might have to explore more about sometime. :thinking:

But while i do agree with this answer, OP was indoors. There’s so much she can zoom out indoors because the camera has a nasty habit into hitting and stopping into things because indoors are usually smaller areas.

I noticed you didn’t list any examples here… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s mostly the blurred vision, impaired vision in the inn or wherever I’m RPing, and headaches that are the problem with it, especially when multiple of it is spammed.

If it’s during a boss fight, things are designed to, you know, not be utterly blinding. Flashing colors and such are fine, but extremely dense and blinding red light for a long period’s a problem.

2 Likes

The problem is Blizz has cut moderating resources to the bone.

You now wait days for a canned response to tickets and I just don’t see them investing more resources in this because it would mean reversing those cuts and increasing costs and for what? A group of people the dev’s only throw the tiniest bones to and only when we scream very loud about them deliberately breaking something (cross-RP being broken and the elixir put in years ago in code but never released being added were minimal effort as was tuning phasing for RP realms to allow us to be on one phase for RP events). They don’t consider us in development of content and I guarantee management doesn’t care the least bit about us or think us important as they along with dev team are firmly of the belief that a pve treadmill of content + FOMO + systems on systems is the winning formula for keeping players and those are the kind of people they’re interested in thinking about (high end raiders, streamers, mythic pushers). So spending money on us wouldn’t advance that cause at all.

And that’s what is required to fix this kind of harassment and abuse, active moderation. But that costs money so easier to either ignore it or nerf toys into the ground.

not sure what sort of examples you want?

i can’t see through the ops eyes.

they’d need to play with the options in their settings to find what suits them.

1 Like

I believe, if I read it correctly, that the OP went to Goldshire for the purpose of getting a screenshot of the thing she was complaining about, as she didn’t get one when it happened elsewhere the previous time, and it was more likely to be found at Goldshire SO SHE COULD GET A SCREENSHOT of it to post here.

I think you misunderstood her post completely. She didn’t go looking for it in order to complain, but to be able to give an example.

3 Likes

You said there are multiple ingame options which could help alleviate this if it’s causing distress. I want you to name some examples of those multiple ingame options which could help alleviate this if it’s causing distress you’ve mentioned.

I don’t see how this is up for interpretation on what i’ve just said with that comment or how you get it confused because i was responding directly to what you’ve said in that part of the quote.

The kind of community inherent to RP servers is what attracted me to them in the first place. Even if you never, ever roleplay, there’s a particular (borderline expected) sort of behavior on them. It’s nicer, a lot more chill, less competitive.

If they fail to enforce any rules or reports, however, there’s every chance they could end up a cesspit. I’d hate to see that.

Someone actually tried to mass flag my post as a real-life threat. Huh.

Hello,

This is an automated message from the World of Warcraft Forums to inform you that one of your posts has been hidden and is awaiting moderator review.

Your post was flagged as a real life threat: the community feels it is threatening to a user.

If the post violates the Code of Conduct, we will silence your forum account. You will still be able to log in and view posts, but not start new topics or reply to existing ones.

If there’s nothing wrong with your post, we’ll throw the reports out and show your post.

Thank you for your understanding,

Blizzard Support

Wow I was totally thinking of different toys lol

Yikes. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Also, are you allowed to post that…? :thinking:

It’s a forum message, not my e-mail - and no action has been taken against me, yet.