Abuse of Toys and RP servers:

I just went and tried this, it doesn’t work with soccer balls :frowning:

When i read this title my brain went to the wrong place.

you went to them… you actively went seeking the thing.
you found it.
now you’re complaining.

Sir, violins may be considered fun.

We do not permit the playing of violins, especially small ones, which may have an additional entertainment factor because they’re cute and little.

Please check yourself.

Just out of curiosity, how do you justify doing m+ if you’re roleplaying?

1 Like

Most RP’ers do not RP playing the game. My guild does, and has it’s own system for it, but we are a rarity. For us, it is Hammering the Echoes home (making sure that the forces of chaos do not undo the first kill) + currying favor and seeking seeded loot.

Yeah, she went to goldshire for the express purposes of roleplaying in a public space with other people (even i understand that not everybody private roleplays), and there’s people who will ruin her and other’s RP. That’s not actively seeking out something to complain too. I mean you can literally put this excuse onto anything just to shift the blame on people and it would just be as silly. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

In the amusement park, people throw their vomit bags on the ground instead of in the trash. “Oh you’re just actively looking to complain, it’s all your fault.”

A Triple AAA game has game breaking bugs. “Not the game’s fault or dev’s fault, it’s your fault. You went and actively looked for it, just to complain.”

The Printer broke. “Not the printer’s fault, it’s your fault, you went and actively looked for it, just to complain.”

If anything, you’re pretty much legitimatizing her complaints with this excuse.

Might want to read that comment again. I mean it honestly sounds like you are trying to make it sound like OP has an ulterior motive here. You wouldn’t even give her the benefit of the doubt.

Especially since to people not having normal eyes as everybody else’s that are sensitive to lights, flashing lights and so on. People should have the option (and the right) to play the game without going though all that. And yet you’re shifting the blame to somebody with that problem…

I think you should read this quote here. Because while i disagree with OP’s right click report suggestion as it’s very dangerous, you pretty much inadvertently state the reason why i’m against such an idea, and why i’m not really looking at what you are doing to OP with any sort of fondness.

1 Like

Please tell me that most RP arent this obnoxious. I don’t think it’s cool to look down on anyone for what they enjoy but I have a really hard time not judging role-players and I really hope this is just a troll thread.

1 Like

I’ve been on MG for a long time by now, and everytime someone uses a toy there are a multitude of ways to adapt. One of them being to move locations. It’s not hard lol, you don’t need that heavy karen energy all you need is to go away from them.

2 Likes

As I am sure this is big deal to you,I doubt blizzard would make such a system for such a small minority of players

In-game toys are fun!
I don’t want World of Warcraft to be as boring as the local library with a silence rule.

Blizzard should create a button to toggle fun in the game: those who set it to off could be queued for the perma ban.

Which is why we make suggestions to give more of the tools to the RP’ers, like having the neural silencer clears the players and Toys outside of your party on their end. Or somebody suggested that ignore should make that player disappear on their end. All of these suggestions by the way, the other players will still see.

1 Like

Perhaps blizzard can make a different version of WoW for you.

World Of Warcraft: Karen Edition.

Your server is not a “home” it’s a public place that anyone with a subscription can access. You don’t own any part of the server, and it’s neither your property nor are you renting the entire server. You’re merely paying for access to it.

People can go where they like, if you dislike what toys they’re using just move to another area. If they’re following you and griefing you, that’s another matter entirely and is reportable.

They aren’t, and honestly, OP asked for the critique from non-roleplayers by making this thread, but we do get some really heavy traffic from people who just want to spoil fun more often than not, at least Alliance-side.

There have been times I have had to go into instances just to escape people who would follow us, even into other zones. I wish I was exaggerating.

So while, yes, this is a dramatic thread, there is some substance to it. Still, a few annoyances and troll streamers being wannabe PixelCats are the least of Blizzard’s concerns at the moment, I think.

3 Likes

no, she went to goldshire for the express purpose of finding people playing with annoying toys.

read the post.

i’ve already quoted it multiple times for the people who seem to be glossing over it, so i’ll quote it again.

why do you play an MMO?

Nobully, if you read her stuff, the event happened to her, and then she went to find it to take a screen shot. She even confirms this.

So first time: just happened on common RP grounds

Screenshot: She went to GS.

That should clear it up, I hope. :slight_smile:

She just said noticed that people spam toys. It really does’t go any deeper then that. She didn’t actively went out of her way to find something to complain about. She genuinely wanted to RP in a public space. Why you keep thinking there’s an ulterior motive?

How about you be honest with me and tell me, what is your idea of fun here? Because my suggestion is made for the express purposes of keeping both of the parties fun. Heck, you wouldn’t even notice anything changed with it.

It’s quite telling that you skipped over that and asked this arbitrary question.

And please don’t backpeddle with this “it’s just a joke bro”, or “It’s just sarcasm” or anything like that. Please be honest and staright with me. :confused:

ok… but we don’t seem to have a screenshot of that.
we only have a screenshot of what they went hunting for.
…which certainly wasn’t flares, as originally described.

flares put up a little drizzle of smoke.
not whatever was being shown in the screenshot.