Abuse of Toys and RP servers:

Can we get a report option for players who take RP to seriously?

5 Likes

You literally went to where you knew toy spam was to get a screen shot and then complained about being blinded.

You could have easily just gone outside and stared/scream at the sun with basically the same result, and the common denominator would still be you.

Did you know that some people have real problems?

6 Likes

As far as my understanding of the OP is that this thing happened, and then, in order to show how extreme it is (and this isn’t the first time this toy has caused issues - when it came out there were multiple threads) she went hunting it.

So the initial issue was in the wild during RP. The SS was for the forum.

I didn’t bother looking at the SS. I remember the ones from the original complaints. The Toy, when chained with others, is very extreme. Especially in a closed space.

1 Like

Idk man, I run an RP guild on moon guard and someone I used to know has devolved into using other people/using the football to harass my guildmembers when they had nothing to do with them. Something needs to be done about this and those using addons like TRP3 (Total Roleplay3) to slander/spread libel in them. I’ve reported people for this including having cropped imgur albums in their profile in an attempt to slander people and to my knowledge-Blizzard has done nothing because they were still around

Either way @OP, I support this because something should be done about the toy spammers in Stormwind/Orgrimmar

What is this world where everyone complains, is a victim and offended by anything? When and where did it started?

I could support more rigorous enforcement of RP server rules again. Particularly names.

The RP rules were what made RP servers generally better places to hang out, not because of the rules inherently, but because they tended to attract a certain kind of people.

5 Likes

There is a solution. Theres two items that apparently stop toys like that from working (as in their character cant affect yours like with the ball toys). I think, based on people who have tested it here, that the neural silencer works for that.

There is a report option in the addon itself. Blizz probably isnt going to use screen shots. If someone is getting doxxed then that’s what the report button is for. Generic issues between players though… That may not fall under what they deem actionable.

They will not get involved in any issue that had a back-and-forth. So when someone is targeting you, specifically - just report and do not engage at all.

My experience is that this is very hard for an RP’er to accomplish, unfortunately.

1 Like

I wish that worked, unless it worked for soccer balls, (which it didnt last i checked) then there’s no way of stopping those

Tried, blizzard management seems to (despite existing within the addon) only take action on certain things or cherrypick it or just not get involved in the first place.

Well you are correct, but let me clarify. Some players have used RP addons to post personal information about another player, and advertise it to everyone. So a report option was added to the addon. Blizz will probably act on something like that. Maybe rule breaking like selling lewd pics for gold as well.

But someone who posts about some sort of drama about another player? I dont think they want to run around playing babysitter. In classic, if someone tarnishes another player’s reputation (or they did it to themself and they’re upset that players alert others), it appears that it is up to that server to decide who is right or wrong, and if they even care.

So posting someone’s address or name? Bad. Blizz probably wants to stop that. Posting a rumor that some player is cheating on their wife by hanging around GS or stole gold out of the GB? Blizz probably will be hands off.

I would like to hope they also deal with the other junk like selling real life stuff for gold, but I have doubts.

Allegedly someone tested it the other day and claimed it did stop it. Since it stops misdirect and priests from gripping other players, I think it may work. You could do a test if you’re actually interested in a solution.

See above for how I generally think it works.

Oh, apparently neural silencers work but not magical intrusion dampeners? I’m reading the comments on the item right now, kinda weird it doesn’t. :confused:

No idea. I think one can be crafted and the other needs to be looted from a blingtron, and the blingtron one is the really good one (silencer probably). They probably have it like that to keep supply and demand up, so that players will buy them on the AH and try to loot them.

Should it be a quality of life toy or item that doesnt run out? Yes, I think so, but then it would make getting them from the bling useless really. That’s the only reason I can think of for how it works now.

For the record, I am unclear because I usually throw on both items if I feel that I need them and dont worry about which does what. So far, havent had any issues like the moonkin statue or stuff like that.

Stop playing with toys, it’s annoying some players!

1 Like

OK, fair enough. But unless the guy is following you around doing this, it isn’t harassment. IF he was following you throwing fireworks at you, and continued to follow you after being asked to stop, well that’s another matter.

If you just happened to walk by, while he was doing this, you didn’t need to minimize the game, simply turn to look in the other direction, mount up and move along.

There are also warnings about the effects of the game on people by bright and flashing lights.

1 Like

We’re on a roleplay server. People are coming to -us-. Not vice-versa. The servers were designed with roleplayers in mind. Tell you what. I’ll go to your house and start dropping discoballs randomly on your floor when you’re either playing on the computer or your console for fun.

Exactly this. I don’t know the name of the toy and, considering it was 3 AM or so for me when I went to find an example of the toy (I don’t know which toy it is), I went to the one place people are doing it 24/7 to show an example of what people were doing earlier that day.

You aren’t on roleplay servers much. People mass-report these players, but they are not banned. Toy usage is not on a log of any kind. We set people on ignore and they straight nuke us with blinding and disruptive toys. Neural silencer doesn’t affect the red light thing that I know of.

2 Likes

Plays smallest sad violin

2 Likes

Out of all the servers that post this, your’s was not the wise choice.

Because you’re an example. Imagine you enjoying running M+ and then someone from Azralon joins. Ruins everything - same thing for us, really.

People who run M+ know what I mean.

plays smallest violin faster

2 Likes

Actually, IF you have the trinket from Mechagon isle that uses the punchcards, there’s a red punch card for it that duplicates the effect of the neural silencer, lasting as long as you have the trinket equipped.

Not the greatest solution… just a small option.

1 Like

See, Champions Online had a solution for this.

They just have something you put in a fun-slot that just negates all fun items - not an equipment slot.

1 Like