Abuse of Toys and RP servers:

nooooo do you realize how long it took me to farm that thing?!?!

I usually just put mine on NPC’s and save the purple/red one for myself though :blowfish:

best toy in the world! i even dedicated a day to celebrate when I finally got it!

I role play a little bit, but pretending that you’re in an isolated world without other people existing around you isn’t how you’re supposed to Role play. Things happen that are out of your control - that’s part of the beauty of a virtual world.

Like on a serious note - you guys don’t “own” any one area…so people should be free to enjoy the environment with things like toys if they so choose to as well.

Purposefully spamming the puffer on several different people to light up an area so bright that it is uncomfortable to look at is obviously not for enjoyment other than that you get from trolling.

4 Likes

i understand. but the toy is actually limited in the amount of uses/fish you can gather. So not sure how you can determine whether someone is trolling you with the toy or not…

but i agree, nobody should try to ruin role players’ experience…and I never would…(nor have I really run into anyone trying to…but I haven’t participated in a hot minute)

Yeah I’m also not trying to insinuate that you are responsible for trolling or anything, I also don’t think the toy should be necessarily banned, but on MoonGuard specifically people definitely spam that toy in major RP hubs because people don’t know to click off the fish.

1 Like

you know there are various settings… right?

it’s not a case of “turn the thing down, and now you can’t see in the dark”.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I didn’t drop it outside - what a bad assumption you made. I dropped it in goldshire inn and it wasn’t a huge issue. Monitors and brightness settings make a huge difference in things like this, that is why there is the ability to adjust things.

:man_facepalming: Still one. One, is bothersome to players with eye sensitivities, but for normal players, nbd. Try 5 or more. That’s the issue, and that’s how it is used for griefing. Believe me, the SS were… it was just nuts. You wouldn’t enjoy it.

Still, regardless if a player finds it painful or not, if you go into a darkened club and flick the lights on, you’re not doing anything but griefing. It’s just little kiddie stuff by socially ignorant players. I just report, and move on. Eventually that behavior catches up with them and they either grow up, or move on themselves.

There’s been some great ideas for items that would circumvent toys, while allowing the owners of the toys to do what they will with them. As long as their play doesn’t disrupt my play, I’m all for that.

I never said I just used one. That is you and your assumptions again.

Actually those are clickable off as well now. So there should be no 10 minutes of ‘suffering’ for op.

I wasn’t trying to speak for other people. I was essentially saying your suggestion presents another problem.

I don’t really have much to say, but since you insist, let’s take a look at the rest then.

And my suggestions will help them as well.

People typically use the default or suggested settings, mainly the brightness around 5 or at 5. (provided if it’s the middle number) This is very dependent on the TV or montior and such as well.

So why not ask for options that help people with specific eyesight issues, like disabling certain lights here and there on their side, without affecting everybody else?

…You know you can specify which various settings your talking about here instead of being intentionally vague with people… right?

2 Likes

Agree. I don’t want to not be allowed to use my favorite toy because someone has a pre existing medical condition that would negatively affect their gameplay if I used it.

I think those players should be asking for ways to have the activision team offer other graphic options geared at that resolving their issue. (Which from experience - they are more than willing to do).

Me however - I’m not willing to stop using my toy!

2 Likes

no, i can’t specify, because i have no idea about the individual needs of the ops eyes.

And I was having a discussion with OP and they didn’t say that was an issue. It turns out it is the ‘redness’ that is the issue and again there are hue and saturation settings that might help with that.

there ARE options and settings already. this game literally can’t provide options for everybody with every condition - people need to take a little responsibility on their own.

and why - I specifically mentioned the settings to OP and I got dragged into this big discussion with you which ended up being a total waste of my time (a discussion I already had with OP as well which you appear to have totally ignored).

All they need to do is with these types of toys just make them be able to be clicked off - they seem to have done that with the puffer fish so I am not sure which toy OP has had to suffer 10 minutes with or maybe they just aren’t aware they can click it off.

1 Like

Only thing I can think of is the totem that takes you into a void weather for like 10 min. It does illuminate the area a bit, but it’s no brighter than flashy zones like nether storm.

If you log out while under the effects of the weather of that toy - it persists for hours. But that’s the only example - and it’s range is extremely small

There are accessibility options in-game that can help with these things.

1 Like

OP already said this… :point_down:

That should give you a good idea of what option to specify now.

…Are you going to specify which are the options and settings your talking about then?

That’s a strawman you’re pulling here along with that “it’s your fault” one as well.

Nothing about these suggestions i’m making here, will take anything way and it only exist as additional set of graphic options on their side, to switch off and on at their leisure if they want to disable certain toys or all toys on their side if they don’t want their RP to be disturbed. There is literally no downside to any of the suggestions here. To pull this whole “Oh this is your fault” and making it about their responsibility is disingenuous.

I wasn’t talking to you, but okay.

These? :point_down:

I already talked about the brightness bit enough, so let’s check out the hue and saturation settings.

Changing the hue won’t make the bright or blinding color go away because it just changes the color. In some cases, it will make the case worse or better depending on the color.

Saturation is an odd duck here, where in somecases, because the RGB values are going up to the top value (hence the desaturation), it might be brightening up the image (Heading towards white). Or sometimes it will just simply go red to grey. Considering the monitor setups and game options, always (or typically) the case it just goes from Red to Grey.

You know I was having a back and forth in this thread after the first post, like I previous TOLD you. If you aren’t going to bother read it I am not going to bother with you at all anymore.

Don’t expect any responses from me in the future because I see no point in wasting my time in conversation with someone who just wants to argue.

Why can’t they make that ignore feature easy to find anyway - nvm found it.

Yeah, i went and i looked. What’s the problem here? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Mate, i read though the posts and those are what i’ve found. The burden of proof lies in you my dude no matter how much you try to put it on to me with your assumptions if you have a problem with my findings. You clearly dislike that i looked at the solutions you’ve presented to OP and tell you that it will create another problem or won’t even solve the initial problem and you’re deflecting and dismissing me with this whole “You didn’t read the post” excuse.

I checked the posts again and again. Hue/saturation and brightness/contrast is the only settings you’ve bought up to the OP.

…Yeah, how dare i actually think and analyze the solutions you’ve presented. /s :roll_eyes:

Since you can’t give me legitimate problems about my suggestions, i guess you don’t think there’s anything wrong with my suggestions then. :man_shrugging:

lol how?

i can not see through their eyes.

i do not know what is going to work best for them.

it may be as simple as booping a button on the side of their monitor, or they may need to mess with a bunch of values in game.

you’re being really weird about this… the settings are all personal preference.
personal preference is based on the individual.

i can’t emulate the headaches they’re getting, and tell them what needs to be adjusted.

Mate, if you can’t still understand the very basic things i’ve told and explained to you in my comments as well the explicit and specific problems that OP said that i’ve quoted in response to you, then i’m not going to hold your hand any further here. I only ask you that you please go back and re-read those comments if you don’t understand. I mean it literally could not be any more simpler then what i’ve said. :confused:

Unless you do want me to dismiss you saying “there’s multiple ingame options” as false since you’re still not giving examples. And i’m not rushing you, take all the time you need to gather up those examples.