Abuse of the report system for legit in-game sales

I am not saying it does not. I am saying the good of removing major disruptions and rants outweighs the inconvenience for those few who get caught in the cross hairs.

Again, you are on the CS forum a lot. You know full well what got those folks reported by so many people and there was good reason to remove them ASAP until a GM could get to it.

This is what they need to be heavy-handed on, or maybe just “heavier” than they currently are. Having seen what accounts across many companies look like from the backend, it should be relatively easy to distinguish the good faith from the bozos, as long as they have any decent sort of tracking metrics available.

I don’t care if I’m in the CS forums and I don’t understand why you feel that’s relevant at all.

I believe in innocent until proven guilty. That’s not hard to understand. Innocent players should never be at the mercy of a mob of peers. That’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

They’re not being reported, I’m putting them on Ignore but I have a limit to Ignore. Being spammed into my chat literally constantly. The moment I get into any city it’s flooded with nothing but boosting services.

It’s not people looking for legit items to trade or buy or anything. It’s people advertising for boosts and carries. Some wait 30 seconds to do it, some wait once every 2 minutes, some 5 minutes.

This literally isn’t true. The squelch feature has been used to boot and insta ban people from rated bgs for example. 10 people isn’t a lot. There is also nobody overseeing the ban it goes out automatically which is why most end up overturned except that doesn’t do much good for the bg they just got booted from. I realize that CC pretty much has to suck up to blizzard but don’t say demonstrably false things.

3 Likes

I know the system only counts one report per account so switching chars does not add to the report count nor does one char reporting it many times.

What I don’t know is the rest of the tracking. I don’t know if they track who files the reports in a way that lets them see patterns.

So you’re handling things the right way IMO then if you’re not reporting posts that are annoying you but otherwise don’t break the rules. That’s awesome.

I think there’s addons that help filter out keywords from chats as well. That may help? I think it’s called Badboy or something like that, but maybe someone else could help with that.

Yall know exactly what you are doing, adapt your business model or stop.

Just stop complaining about finally get treated the way you should be. scum.

1 Like

So your argument is that people that abide by the rules - should be falseley reported and falsely penalized with having their chat privileges revoked, in game? You’re also calling who exactly the name?

1 Like

It does not get you banned. It may get you squelched temporarily if it is a chat report, but not banned. That is not usually used in RBGS though.

The most common claim is that a person feels they were falsely reported AFK and got suspended for it. Claim it is automated. Only to have the Forum Support Agents check the logs and yeah…it takes multiple games worth of AFK reports to get an account punished and those have to be verified.

I have been an MVP for almost 10 years. Mostly CS/TS. I most certainly don’t have to agree with or “suck up” to Blizzard. Nor is anything I am saying false (or at least never intentionally). CS/TS folks spend their time explaining things to other players and helping them. You don’t have to like what is said, but that does not make it untrue.

Here - Vrak covers most of the Battleground questions related to the penalty system and reports.

I don’t like that it even exists in the games at all, I’m against boosting fully, I’m against selling carries, too. Nonetheless, I just want my game to not spam me every time I’m in the city and to be able to talk with people regularly.

Like, even the politics crap, as annoying as it all is, is nowhere near the level of annoyance of “BuY mY BooSt” or whatever other fluff people decide to say about their guilds groups n communities selling boosts n carries. It degrades and erodes the game.

Why would you allow something that is so awesome like Mythic raiding, high rated PvP or even really high keys, get diminished by people selling carries and boosting services?
It’s like letting people slap you in the face and not getting mad nor doing anything about it, just letting them slap you in the face any and every time they wanted, regardless of the circumstances.

The compromise is: make an advertisement channel in LFG and chat channels for boosting/advertisements and force people to move there to put their crap. If reported and found they weren’t using these, they get squelched, squelched for longer, suspended, suspended for longer, then banned, then banned for longer, then perma banned.

2 Likes

no my argument is that you know you are skirting the rules your boosting community suddenly calling itself a group of friends from various places doesnt make you legitimate it just makes you aware of your illegitimacy, so you KNOW you are in the wrong and you will still play the victim. No time for you.

1 Like

It’s not semantics squelched prevent you from joining groups and if enough reports happen it can cause an auto ban as has been continuously abused in classic.

I don’t disagree that people don’t like it. I’m even open to the discussion of whether it should be in the game. But the thread I made is that right now it is allowed by blizzard TOS, but people have the power to play vigilante in trade chat. I don’t think that people should get punishments or silences for in-TOS behavior. Otherwise what’s the TOS even mean

1 Like

False reporting should have a bigger consequence.

At the end of the day Blizzard needs more people working in customer service not fire the ones they have.

Awful people will be awful. Previous boosters abusing the system mass flagging people cause their shady business got shut down? I’m suspicious. Who knows.

2 Likes

Honestly, I agree with your “make a separate channel” suggestion. That’s precisely what should’ve happened IMO - make another chat channel for selling in-game services and forbid in-game service ads on any other channel. That would’ve done wonders.

1 Like

Question for you. If I get 50 people to spam report every post you make because I dislike the color green and think mages should only be able to post in white is that wrong? I mean I’m a paying customer so are the 50 people reporting your verbose posts for spam. I don’t see anything wrong with that according to your “logic”

8 Likes

I also find it annoying when I go to pug a Heroic or normal SoD to gear the toon n stuff and the first 8 or 10 things I see in the LFG are: “Boost” “Carries” etc. Those I actually do report otherwise I can’t actually see legit groups for SoD to join so gotta report those to be able to see things in the LFG.

Again, even there it should have a channel for “advertisements/boosting” services and any not in that channel that get reported those accounts get consequences.

1 Like

I am not talking about afk I am talking about abusing the report system to boot someone out of game on the other team usually resulting in a temp ban. You know exactly what I’m talking about don’t try to confuse the issue.

1 Like

And that stuff is against TOS I believe. A separate chat channel would be nice if it was enforced, or maybe have a separate “LFG” type system where people can post guild carry services

1 Like