Abuse of the report system for legit in-game sales

How? I’ve been spit on and had foul language used on me and I never sued anyone. Ok maybe unmoderated not what I mean, all topics chat would be better but still have rules, no adult content, death threats etc…

Player interactions are not rated by the ESRB but are subject to the EULA and policies which do prohibit certain behaviors. The game is rated PG13 in the US, but the policies are pretty G rated across all games and forums.

What you want is a Blizzard created channel with almost no rules. They are not going to do that. If people want that then people can create their own Guild or Community. Blizz won’t be making an official no rules channel. Trade is bad enough as is!

Sadly this is happening irl too and yes the practice needs to be stopped. AH vs JD for example. iykyk

1 Like

Rule violations are subjective

Can I flag someone for illegal use of acronyms? hehe I understand none of that.

1 Like

At least before it was being used for trading services for gold. things that actually belong in trade chat lol

4 Likes

Be the change you want to see, use the correct functions to take care of that chat.

2 Likes

It is still better than a RMT business forcing their workers to spam the same message 100 times in all different languages.

Agree to disagree

I seen enough times on the CS forums, players whining they was silenced for the anal spam on trade.

Yeah, become part of the problem then, apathy is just as bad. Good plan slick.

I’d have to sit here for hours. No thanks. Just figured I’d leave the pictures here for people to see how much “better” trade chat is now. I have a raid to get to.

1 Like

The automated report function needs to go. It’s only used for abuse and doesn’t solve any actual issues

4 Likes

You seem completely complacent to do that here, so why not? If more people actually decided to do something (like the people who are using the functions on boost spam currently) it would be taken care of.

1 Like

What “automated report function”?

It’s hard for something to be abused if it does not exist. There’s no such thing as an “automated report function.” I’m not sure what that would even look like.

False reporters should be given the same penalty that was overtuned when the person they reported was found not guilty

5 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be working quite well. It’s not auto flagging people in trade for the A spam.

Do what I do: turn it off and never use it. I haven’t had trade chat on since Mists, I think.

Expect you were not falsely reported and your suspension was not harassment.

You have 2 recent threads on CS with Blizz Forum Support Agents reviewing your history.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/targetted-harassment-with-report-feature-black-mail-pvp-ranking/1174421

You were very much earning your reports.

Vrakthris addressed you directly several times

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/targetted-harassment-with-report-feature-black-mail-pvp-ranking/1174421/8

Reminder, filters don’t mean you can break the rules or be a jerk without consequences. Blue Post :arrow_down_small:

The filter is not there for you to be able to say whatever you wish. It is an added layer of protection to allow parents of minors to block such language from their children while playing. It is also available for others who simply don’t want to see it, which is entirely within their right.

The ignore option also doesn’t allow you to say whatever you wish. It is there to help folks mitigate their social interactions. If you want to use inappropriate language, subject matter, or otherwise be toxic, that is entirely up to you. You may do so in the privacy of your own home, or other places that may tolerate it, but you’ll want to refrain from typing it out.

6 Likes

Didn’t the blues point out your transgressions on the CS forums?

4 Likes

I feel like a lot of this was inevitable. People have wanted the spam and stuff gone for so many years and now that it is they’re going to want to keep it gone. The best solution is honestly a separate chat channel that functions like global chat but for posting your sales etc. I know trade chat is for “trading buying selling etc” but it’s been plagued for so long with the paragraph spam people are going to continue the mass reporting of guilds who post there for a while whether it’s right or not.