Abuse of the report system for legit in-game sales

Spam is still spam.

They really should just create a separate channel and UI for boosts. It’s not like they have the manpower to enforce anything or actually check on reports. Most of the time even if you file a ticket you’ll get the ol’ automated “we looked into it and we’re right” response.

1 Like

but it isn’t against the rules, you silencing me disrupted my gameplay. why should I be penalized because you don’t like a boosting post?
trade chat still isn’t being used for “trading” as everyone whined about.
its filled now with nonsense chatter, anal [ability], political chat, and windfury spam. how is that not disruptive but someone posting occasionally about a boost is?

1 Like

It is, actually. Spam is any kind of unwanted, unsolicited digital communication that gets sent out in bulk. There’s a whole button dedicated to report spam.

Players don’t apply silences, GMs do after review. It also can disrupt your gameplay but you can still play most of the game just fine.

Why should players be penalized because you feel you’re entitled to post your adverts when and where you like and they feel differently?

Yeah, given you can get basically what you need on the AH the only reason to is to save on big purchases because of AH cuts. Though, trade chat is not required to only be about trading as the names of the channels in WoW are just theme suggestions and not an actual rule.

Well, if enough people think the other ‘nonsense chatter’ or ‘x and y spam’ is disruptive, it gets the same treatment. Always has.

For me, I’m always happy for ‘nonsense chatter’ and you know… Socializing with people.

Just to clarify, in this thread I’m talking about /2 messages in game and not forum posts

it turns out the average player hates boosting in all forms.

1 Like

This is why I always thought they should have premium chat channels just for chatters, maybe an extra buck a month, and one would be “Uncensored” meaning only really bad stuff wouldn’t be allowed like death threats and such, but politics would be ok, jokes, and arguments and name calling would be allowed, people who don’t like those things can just not join. And it would be available in all zones, so U can chat anywhere.

Why do I feel like that is directed at me?
I haven’t advertised for or done a boost with a community this entire expansion.

You mean /LookingForGroup? We have that except minus the money for “premium” channels. Don’t give em ideas!

“We require that you have the premium channel to raid with us.” Noooo ty.

That’s good, since the account is the unique aspect here.

Something that could automate patterns based on the marks against the account (assuming a predefinted system of marks) would be ideal, for sure. At the very least, as long as those working the account leave properly detailed notes on incidents, it can serve as a good pattern recognition. Honestly, even the support ticket history could help identify troublemakers, since they’re very rarely reasonable.

Look I get that this system isn’t perfect and it absolutely sucks when you get silenced for being legitimate however don’t you think it would be a good idea to just not advertise for a week or two?

All things considered into account that there was just a major change to policy and boosting is a heated topic and people are tired of the spam, slowly re introducing your advertisement would be the smartest way to go about it and keep it to two or three posts per day rather than riding the timer.

If your team is good and provides a good service you will get more people from word of mouth than you will from flooding the chat system

Or go hell for leather and risk being slammed in the crossfire up to you I’m not your mother

This isn’t an unreasonable point and it’s probably what we’ll end up doing. I am concerned for future major patche releases. Historically, sales are more lucrative the newer the content is. I hope we don’t have to run through a minefield of malicious reporting to sell heroic or mythic Sepulcher runs

1 Like

My idea was just for chatters but now you giving ME ideas… Premium Elite Chat… minimum ILvL and achieves required to join… Hmm…

I believe word of mouth and advertising on your own guild website will keep things clear and concise, granted I haven’t seen or visited a guild website in many years as I only do m+ and the occasional sit in when my friends need a 20th

AH NO that is not what I meant! D:

No it turns out a small vocal segment who lack the ability to make gold to buy boosts or the skill the sell them act like children in game.

Most just ignore it if they don’t secretly or not so secretly wish they could buy them.

posting about boosting once like every 30-40mins is not spam and its not up to the players to decide if something is spam or not. since posting about boosting isn’t against the rules or considered spam by blizzard, why do the players get to make the rules?

that is false.
mass reporting someone causes an auto-silence that requires to be appealed.

posting boosts in trade chat, which is trading a service, doesn’t penalize anyone.

yeah because the anal spam, windfurry spam, political chat and other nonsense is socializing with people. kekw

1 Like

If you read the EULA and all you would know that it can be considered as such depending on the server community.

It can be, depending on how it’s done. That’s the entire point and why Blizzard is sticking by such a thing.

Nope, what you just stated is actually false.

Then squelches are not considered penalizing anyone.

Why yes you wouldn’t know what socializing is, from posting that.

Most guilds don’t bother with a website anymore they just have discord

ah, insults on top of it all.
sorry to burst your bubble, but I socialize just fine. you also just breeze over all my points about what trade chat is now, so I can tell you’re not really up for a discussion.

it’s…true? if people mass report you, you’re silenced lol

1 Like

What is the in game difference between the two? Can you do less with a silence vs a squelch or are they basically the same thing minus effectively a “point on your wow drivers license?”

2 Likes