Absolute easiest spec atm?

For me, I don’t want minimum thought, but I want less thought on the rotation/spells in favor of more thought on fight positioning, timing of interrupts, proper utility usage, burst windows, etc.

My ideal game probably has about 10 buttons if I’m being honest, but the buttons have more interaction with each other and the environment! :slight_smile:

For some things, I’ve been feeling like they take up a button for no reason. Like the warlock spell that grants everybody underwater breath! Why not just give everyone in a group with a Warlock underwater breath passively? I think that would be pretty cool.

That’s a good idea, you should suggest it to them. (Is there still a Suggestion option?).

I must admit I sorta wish we could batch spells in a macro. Did we ever have that ability? I seem to remember it. It would still require situational awareness but it would certainly make it easier to avoid mistakes such as tab targetting the wrong thing. But with the various cooldowns I guess it wouldn’t be easy to do and from what I recall, Blizzard doesn’t like the idea of macroing attacks, they want us to be hitting lots of buttons.

1 Like

I was also thinking about Primal Strike on Ele/Resto. Not only does it do less damage than frost shock, it has to be cast in melee range, it costs 9x the mana, and it doesn’t slow the target. Every RSham/Ele player I talked to about it doesn’t even put it on their bar! Also for Ele/Resto Shamans, I wish Flametongue Weapon was automatically applied always and Lightning Shield was automatically applied whenever there’s no other shield on the Shaman.

I wish things were less tedious in general. For example, summon stones inside instances so you never have to deal with one person being war mode on and one being war mode off. Even better, let me summon alone and summon everyone in the party at once!

1 Like

we summoned someone in WM yesterday to a dungeon even though none of us were in WM. didn’t think you could do that though. but we summoned him somehow. lol

I’d suggest havoc. I haven’t played bm hunter or fury warrior so Idk about them. Frost mages are very fun and easy mostly but again, you’d be a glass cannon.

Frost DK isn’t a cakewalk but it is fun to chains of ice someone to the point of rage in a bg.

Frost Mage or Arms Warrior.

Both are dirt simple to play.
The only difference is if you want to play a low utility melee or a low utility ranged.
Ok, Timewarp is major utility but you have to push it at most once a fight.

I’ve play both. I’m much more a melee player though and the warrior was my original main so I’m far more comfortable with melee. But considering that, I still find frost mage dirt simple.

Is it easy to kite melee mongos as frost mage?

Frost has been making melee cry since Vanilla.

1 Like

Least effort + least utility sounds like Fury

1 Like

It depends on what you find difficult. If you are fine with high apm (havoc, frost mage, fury war) those specs are fairly easy to varying degrees. If you find apm not to be the issue havoc is probably the class with the least utility to worry about considering their main utility is applied by dealing damage and darkness which is a press and forget. Dunno though. I think if I understand you correctly I’m the same way. I don’t find executing apm/or mechanical rotations difficult usually. I find having too many options that are useful in certain situations and useless in most situations the difficult portion.

I don’t know that you can get away from that latter part no matter what class you play because every class has it to some degree.

Prot Pally is super easy. They can take a stupid amount of damage so it’s nice to gather up mobs and take them down. It might take a little longer but it sure as heck is fun.

Lies, it’s one of if not the squishiest tank. Only reason they’re meta is because of their damage.

Hunters are pretty cool. We can tame fantastic beasts, and NAME them, we can attack stuff from range so it’s harder to stand in bad stuff… Yup, it’s a pretty chill class. But if you’re into transmog the options are not that great. But I suppose that’s a matter of personal taste.

As with all things, follow your heart.

But where can I find them?!

Weird. I’m playing one now and it’s super easy. Maybe you just suck at them? :joy:

BM Hunters require a very tight control of Barbed Shot. The CD is longer than the uptime. You have to rely on Procs to maintain 3 stacks.
If you go BM get WeakAuras to help monitor it. That is literally the only thing I use WeakAuras for.
If you have to use Beast Cleave for AoE then you will be weaving in Multi-Shot along with Barbed Shot. This can lead to missed opportunites to maintain 3 stacks of Pet Frenzy from Barbed shot stacking.

It certainly is one of my favorite classes and is simple, but the way Barbed Shot runs out faster than CD resets if you’re not right on top of your rotation you can miss quite a bit of DPS.

Also if you’re using the BIS Lego, you have to weave in Tar Trap and Flare while maintaining uptime on Barbed and Multi.

Then toss in Bestial Wrath, Kill shot, Cobra Shot, Kill Command, Aspect of the Wild, the occasional (if needed) Pet heal, Exhilaration, Turtle Shell, Aspect of the Cheetah, and whatever Covenant Power you choose like Flayed Shot or Wild Spirits.

Anyone that says BM is 3 or 4 buttons LITERALLY has no idea what they are talking about, or they’re the ones in LFR pulling 2k DPS instead of 4k.

Anyways that was a lot to say to say: Use Weakauras for Barbed Shot. It will make everything else much easier.

I’d say Frost DK is much easier, especially is you go Obliterate build and not Breath of Sindragosa.

2 Likes

That’s because you’re adding cooldowns to the rotation and the covenant ability which is an extra button that every spec gets.

Check their representation past 15’s.

Or we could both not worry about that and worry about this??

1 Like

If you’re not using Kill Shot, Bestial Wrath and Kill Command, your DPS is terrible.

Go try it on a training dummy, let me know how that works, come post the parses.